Hi I have had the storm for sum time and it has been really good because this site helped me. Well any how I have been using both the Iphone and Storm for a little and the iphone has so many problem internet stops working and I had to replace it it gets very annoying with the messaging and I can't type **** on It. The storm has its problems but its a lot easyier to get ajusted to it.storm is a lot better in buissness wise. Guys try not to flame me too much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:27 PM
    Lol

/10 char
    06-21-09 10:47 PM
    I have both right now, and I disagree. No flames. lol
    06-21-09 10:49 PM
    Pretty clear this kid hasn't even touched the new iphone.
    06-22-09 09:08 AM
    never had an iphone, but just got the new one on friday. I have had the storm since its release.

So far the iphone is great the apps are WAY better ie. Facebook, Pageonce, MLB.com. shazaam

But the blackberry is better for getting things done. but time will tell on that.

I do like having a phone and my music all in one. Itunes being my main music source, the storm is to slow for that.

IMO i can see great things from both.... i love them both equally
    06-22-09 09:18 AM
    yep. i love my storm but it doesnt compare. you are blind if you think it does :/ If it was for verizon id switch in a heartbeat.
    06-22-09 09:20 AM
    yep. i love my storm but it doesnt compare. you are blind if you think it does :/ If it was for verizon id switch in a heartbeat.
    When it comes to Verizon next year, I am not sure what I am going to do. I just love the Blackberry OS (Weird right) too much! Sure, OS X on the iPhone is great, but you can't multi-task with it. I do that all day on my Berry. Also, it isn't as customizable as the Blackberry. By that I mean, I can set the number of vibrations/length of the vibration on my Blackberry for different alerts ie: Facebook, calendar, email, etc. I dont even have to check my phone because I know exactly what came in based on solely the vibration! Can you do that on an iPhone? I just feel like it is missing a lot of things that the Blackberry has, all in that little menu that comes up when you hit the Blackberry button.

And don't get me wrong, I am an Apple fanboy and I love the iPhone as well, but I am too addicted to the Crack.
    06-22-09 09:30 AM
    If it comes to Verizon next year. You'll need to wait until Verizon rolls out it's LTE network before Apple will even consider making a handset for them. As far as customizing ring/vibration type, you can. FYI the iPhone multitasks just fine, it just doesn't support 3rd party apps. Native apps all multitask. If you really want to get your 3rd party apps to multitask, there's an .... wait for it ... app for that =)
    06-22-09 09:43 AM
    MLB.com.
    How is it any different then the Storm or iPhone 2G? This is my favorite app to date. I have seen it on the 2G, and it kept getting interupted-probably do to the network. I am leaning more towards and iPhone for personal use, rather than wait for the Storm 2, seeing that it probably won't be that much different than the current model.
    Last edited by jbdale; 06-22-09 at 10:05 AM.
    06-22-09 10:00 AM
    If it comes to Verizon next year. You'll need to wait until Verizon rolls out it's LTE network before Apple will even consider making a handset for them. As far as customizing ring/vibration type, you can. FYI the iPhone multitasks just fine, it just doesn't support 3rd party apps. Native apps all multitask. If you really want to get your 3rd party apps to multitask, there's an .... wait for it ... app for that =)
    If you watched the keynote for the 3GS you would see how much Apple (and the crowd) despises At&t. It was absurdly obvious. I think it is coming next year, LTE or no LTE. As far as multi-tasking, I am pretty sure it cant. There is no good way to switch between apps and if it is a third-party app (which it most likely is!) then you're SOL. Wanna listen to Pandora? Great! Wanna check that email while listening to Pandora? Aww...sorry.
    06-22-09 10:02 AM
    So far as the iPhone being a business phone, including the 3G, I have to disagree. But for a personal phone, I see no comparison.
    06-22-09 10:04 AM
    Itunes being my main music source, the storm is to slow for that.
    Itunes is such a weak app. There are far better 3rd party apps for BB to date. Thats one thing that I am not thrilled about switching to an iPhone, because music is a big deal to me. Don't really care much about only having one music option.
    06-22-09 10:08 AM
    So far as the iPhone being a business phone, including the 3G, I have to disagree. But for a personal phone, I see no comparison.

90% of the people who use the dumb "business" argument will never use these phones for business.

It is the most overused excuse on why any BB is better than XYZ phone. The iPhone is now just as good for business use.

Get over it.
    06-22-09 10:19 AM
    The iphone being a business phone is as much of a joke as the storm being a phone is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 10:47 AM
    90% of the people who use the dumb "business" argument will never use these phones for business.

It is the most overused excuse on why any BB is better than XYZ phone. The iPhone is now just as good for business use.

Get over it.
    the reason the BB is better for business is BES. That's pretty much it. corporate infrastructure is entrenched in the BB architecture and its very costly to change. thus they stick with what works for what is needed, aka plain text emails being sent securely. outside of that i don't really see the advantage anymore.

iphones are being picked up for new/small businesses due to the variety of functionality (app for that etc).
    06-22-09 10:59 AM
    Itunes is such a weak app. There are far better 3rd party apps for BB to date. Thats one thing that I am not thrilled about switching to an iPhone, because music is a big deal to me. Don't really care much about only having one music option.
    Sorry, BB has crap for apps. Even the apps that the iPhone and Storm share, the iPhone version is always better. i.e Pandora

How is using iTunes your only music option?

One last thing to those who are confused....iPhone= REAL BROWSER
    I can't stand BB's browser!!
    06-22-09 11:00 AM
    wow the iphone worse than the storm thats rather shocking
    06-22-09 11:07 AM
    If you watched the keynote for the 3GS you would see how much Apple (and the crowd) despises At&t. It was absurdly obvious. I think it is coming next year, LTE or no LTE. As far as multi-tasking, I am pretty sure it cant. There is no good way to switch between apps and if it is a third-party app (which it most likely is!) then you're SOL. Wanna listen to Pandora? Great! Wanna check that email while listening to Pandora? Aww...sorry.

Yes I did watch the WWDC Keynote and Apple didn't display any form of disposition to AT&T other then to chide them for not being ready for MMS/Tethering. They have already re-entered into talks for another 5 year exclusivity contract (some sources say it could end up being longer), so if you're hoping for a CDMA version of your phone next year, good luck. There is 'zero' chance of a CDMA handset being made by Apple, they have stated this numerous times. Google it.

Pending their agreement with AT&T and the outcome of the few anti-trust lawsuits/inquiries against them (exclusivity contracts and ties with Google) the next generation iPhone will be branded 4G for the LTE based network AT&T is rolling out later this year and in 2010. If and when Verizon happens to roll out their LTE network is when you have a chance of actually seeing a handset appear on their network. Until then, it's seriously doubtful.

As far as .. multitasking on the iPhone. You should learn the definition of the word first:

Multitasking may refer to any of the following:

Computer multitasking - the apparent simultaneous performance of two or more tasks by a computer's central processing unit

Media multitasking could involve using a computer, mp3, or any other media in conjunction with another

Human multitasking - The ability of a person to perform more than one task at the same time

All of the native apps on the iPhone multitask with each other. You can open multiple browser pages and have them stay in memory while you switch to email and or SMS. You can keep iTunes playing in the background while you do any of the above tasks as well. Switching between Apps is done by using the home button. The home button isn't a 'close' button, it never exits the native app that was in use. All native apps leave off and resume right where you left them when switching between tasks. They all do it extremely fast as well.

Third party support of multi-tasking is not there for the simple reason that Apple can't control memory leaks from 3rd party software, so they don't allow them to remain in memory when not in use. There are a number of reasons for this that Apple has stated many times and has touched upon when debuting new iPhone models. Battery Life & Performance. It's why your Storm freezes and the iPhone doesn't. It's why you need to pull your battery daily or do a scheduled reboot. It's why your phone is so slow compared to the iPhone.

If you really really have to have 3rd party app multi-tasking (which I have yet to have a reason for since I could care less about Pandora) you can jailbreak your phone and install backgrounder. It's less complicated then installing a hybrid OS on a blackberry.

Really this argument is stupid to have day in and day out about these devices. If you like the iPhone get one. If you like the Storm get one. If you don't, then don't. If you hope <insert device name> comes to <insert carrier name> in the future, great. If it does, even better. I'm not against the iPhone or any other phone coming to Verizon; I think more people should use them =) I just don't see it happening. What I'm afraid of is that if the iPhone does happen to make it's way to Verizon it will get stripped down and modified just like they do with every handset they get. Kinda the reason the rumors of an iPhone Lite were floating around (Verizon can't resist ruining their phones).
    06-22-09 11:14 AM
    the reason the BB is better for business is BES. That's pretty much it. corporate infrastructure is entrenched in the BB architecture and its very costly to change. thus they stick with what works for what is needed, aka plain text emails being sent securely. outside of that i don't really see the advantage anymore.

iphones are being picked up for new/small businesses due to the variety of functionality (app for that etc).
    I agree completely, if your company needs top notch mobile information management, you just can't do any better than BES for security, but that's pretty much it's only adantage and it is a costly advantage.

BIS on the other hand is a dog, and that is where the iPhone is replacing BB devices. You can't remote wipe a phone on BIS, it doesn't support activesync and pin authentication which pretty much any mid to large company using Outlook will require, and it still has those terrible email size and download limitations. These are things RIM should have fixed at least 3 to 5 years ago. Something else i've noticed is that blackberries don't play nice with SharePoint and Websphere whereas the iPhone integrates very easily almost seamlessly.

RIM is one of my favorite companies, but I don't know why they are being so complacent. Their 3rd quarter numbers were awesome as usual so maybe they don't think they need to worry. I strongly disagree......
    06-22-09 11:55 AM
    Yes I did watch the WWDC Keynote and Apple didn't display any form of disposition to AT&T other then to chide them for not being ready for MMS/Tethering. They have already re-entered into talks for another 5 year exclusivity contract (some sources say it could end up being longer), so if you're hoping for a CDMA version of your phone next year, good luck. There is 'zero' chance of a CDMA handset being made by Apple, they have stated this numerous times. Google it.

Pending their agreement with AT&T and the outcome of the few anti-trust lawsuits/inquiries against them (exclusivity contracts and ties with Google) the next generation iPhone will be branded 4G for the LTE based network AT&T is rolling out later this year and in 2010. If and when Verizon happens to roll out their LTE network is when you have a chance of actually seeing a handset appear on their network. Until then, it's seriously doubtful.

As far as .. multitasking on the iPhone. You should learn the definition of the word first:

Multitasking may refer to any of the following:

Computer multitasking - the apparent simultaneous performance of two or more tasks by a computer's central processing unit

Media multitasking could involve using a computer, mp3, or any other media in conjunction with another

Human multitasking - The ability of a person to perform more than one task at the same time

All of the native apps on the iPhone multitask with each other. You can open multiple browser pages and have them stay in memory while you switch to email and or SMS. You can keep iTunes playing in the background while you do any of the above tasks as well. Switching between Apps is done by using the home button. The home button isn't a 'close' button, it never exits the native app that was in use. All native apps leave off and resume right where you left them when switching between tasks. They all do it extremely fast as well.

Third party support of multi-tasking is not there for the simple reason that Apple can't control memory leaks from 3rd party software, so they don't allow them to remain in memory when not in use. There are a number of reasons for this that Apple has stated many times and has touched upon when debuting new iPhone models. Battery Life & Performance. It's why your Storm freezes and the iPhone doesn't. It's why you need to pull your battery daily or do a scheduled reboot. It's why your phone is so slow compared to the iPhone.

If you really really have to have 3rd party app multi-tasking (which I have yet to have a reason for since I could care less about Pandora) you can jailbreak your phone and install backgrounder. It's less complicated then installing a hybrid OS on a blackberry.

Really this argument is stupid to have day in and day out about these devices. If you like the iPhone get one. If you like the Storm get one. If you don't, then don't. If you hope <insert device name> comes to <insert carrier name> in the future, great. If it does, even better. I'm not against the iPhone or any other phone coming to Verizon; I think more people should use them =) I just don't see it happening. What I'm afraid of is that if the iPhone does happen to make it's way to Verizon it will get stripped down and modified just like they do with every handset they get. Kinda the reason the rumors of an iPhone Lite were floating around (Verizon can't resist ruining their phones).
    I am sure it was pretty obvious that Apple is not happy with what At&t is doing with their iPhone. Last year it was "ohh we love At&t and the relationship we have with them". This year, nothing like that! I am pretty positive we'll be seeing Verizon get the iPhone next year. Verizon is rolling out their LTE network before At&t. Google it.

Right now on my Berry, I have AIM, BerryWeather, and UberTwitter running, constantly updating me on things I want to be informed about. Running apps in the background is something I could never leave the Blackberry for. iPhone can't do it. The Bold, Tour, and Curve (and even the Storm on .148) can run multiple apps in the background without bogging down, ever. (I mean, the Bold's processor is still faster than the 3GS and it came out in November). Why do you think one of the biggest gripes about the iPhone (other than the abysmal At&t data stuff) is the fact that you cannot run more than one REAL app on it at a time? Sure, you can run "notes" and the iPod at the same time, but your native weather app doesn't even update in the background! The battery life on Blackberrys doesnt suffer from the multiple apps as much as one would think. People get two days of good usage out of most of them. And why should you have to jailbreak to be able to do something most other smartphones can do out of the box?

But, as you said, it all comes down to preference. I want a good network and a phone that can churn out 50n emails a day while I listen to music, use AIM, Twitter, Google Maps, and many others apps at the same time.
    06-22-09 11:58 AM
    I am sure it was pretty obvious that Apple is not happy with what At&t is doing with their iPhone. Last year it was "ohh we love At&t and the relationship we have with them". This year, nothing like that! I am pretty positive we'll be seeing Verizon get the iPhone next year. Verizon is rolling out their LTE network before At&t. Google it.

Right now on my Berry, I have AIM, BerryWeather, and UberTwitter running, constantly updating me on things I want to be informed about. Running apps in the background is something I could never leave the Blackberry for. iPhone can't do it. The Bold, Tour, and Curve (and even the Storm on .148) can run multiple apps in the background without bogging down, ever. (I mean, the Bold's processor is still faster than the 3GS and it came out in November). Why do you think one of the biggest gripes about the iPhone (other than the abysmal At&t data stuff) is the fact that you cannot run more than one REAL app on it at a time? Sure, you can run "notes" and the iPod at the same time, but your native weather app doesn't even update in the background! The battery life on Blackberrys doesnt suffer from the multiple apps as much as one would think. People get two days of good usage out of most of them. And why should you have to jailbreak to be able to do something most other smartphones can do out of the box?

But, as you said, it all comes down to preference. I want a good network and a phone that can churn out 50n emails a day while I listen to music, use AIM, Twitter, Google Maps, and many others apps at the same time.
    Your post is filled with so many inaccurate statements I don't know where to begin.

Verizon Wireless to light up LTE in 20 to 30 markets in 2H 2010

That's .. over a year away. It won't even be nationwide at that point; you're looking at late 2011 before it's nationwide. The iPhone won't debut on a network that isn't offered... nationwide. AT&T is right now deploying HSPA 7.2 service to support the new iPhone (and it's just a cell tower software upgrade to do this).

AT&T is also planning to scrap HSPA+ in favor of jumping straight to LTE when the time comes; which is nothing but good news for current AT&T subscribers.

So long, HSPA+: AT&T "likely" moving straight from 7.2Mbps to LTE

LTE is the future for Verizon because they NEED to catchup to the rest of their competitors and get off the aging CDMA network. AT&T has breathing room because of the advancements within the HSPA infrastructure.

7.2Mbps this year? Yes please. Phone that will take advantage of it? Oh wait.. sitting on my desk.
    06-22-09 12:28 PM
    I have a G1, iPhone, Palm Pre and Storm, that i use everyday and I can tell you that the Storm is the most bestest. It works great and it is more better because it multi task and iPhone aint got businesses stuff.
    06-22-09 12:39 PM
    I have a G1, iPhone, Palm Pre and Storm, that i use everyday and I can tell you that the Storm is the most bestest. It works great and it is more better because it multi task and iPhone aint got businesses stuff.
    lol, RCCollins is always good for a laugh
    06-22-09 12:40 PM
    Your post is filled with so many inaccurate statements I don't know where to begin.

Verizon Wireless to light up LTE in 20 to 30 markets in 2H 2010

That's .. over a year away. It won't even be nationwide at that point; you're looking at late 2011 before it's nationwide. The iPhone won't debut on a network that isn't offered... nationwide. AT&T is right now deploying HSPA 7.2 service to support the new iPhone (and it's just a cell tower software upgrade to do this).

AT&T is also planning to scrap HSPA+ in favor of jumping straight to LTE when the time comes; which is nothing but good news for current AT&T subscribers.

So long, HSPA+: AT&T "likely" moving straight from 7.2Mbps to LTE

LTE is the future for Verizon because they NEED to catchup to the rest of their competitors and get off the aging CDMA network. AT&T has breathing room because of the advancements within the HSPA infrastructure.

7.2Mbps this year? Yes please. Phone that will take advantage of it? Oh wait.. sitting on my desk.
    Nowhere did you state that LTE on At&t is coming faster than LTE on Verizon. Many people have stated it, Verizon will have LTE in more markets first.

In this very article, it says that 2011 is when At&t will roll out LTE.
    AT&#038;T Moves Up Its LTE Rollout, Admits To Network Issues

And here is this article (out of many) for an extra kick:
    LTE iPhone hitting Verizon in 2010? | iPhone Buzz
    06-22-09 12:40 PM
    You're missing the point. The argument was about the iPhone coming to Verizon. It won't even have a chance of coming to Verizon unless they have their LTE network distributed nationwide. The most recent article that I've found on this subject is dated back in May, on engadget.com that states deployment is likely to start in 2H of 2010. That's a year away for the deployment. It likely wont be nationwide until 2011-2012. Thats when you'll see the iPhone have a chance of being available on Verizon.

It doesn't matter when AT&T rolls out their LTE network; they already offer the iPhone. The latest iPhone was built to take advantage of the new HSPA 7.2Mbps that AT&T is offering this year. According to a number of news sources Apple & AT&T are already discussing the terms of their next contract. Whether it stays exclusive remains to be seen.

As a Verizon user you can look forward to the Palm Pre in 6 months (Sprints version will still be better) and the new BB lineup (whatever happens to make it to Verizon's product line). The HTC line would be worth looking at if Microsoft ever decides to release WinMo 7 and if Verizon would stop stripping the guts.
    06-22-09 12:54 PM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD