I bought a new storm off ebay about 3 weeks ago, it was still sealed in the box and I confirmed with CS that it was new and had never been activated. It has run fine until the past few days and it has started to lock up while I am trying to text or do any other functions, I have removed the battery and re-installed it and it is still doing it. Anybody else have this problem?
    06-21-09 06:58 PM
    Yes, every other Storm user out there has this problem.

Sell it on ebay and buy something else.
    06-21-09 07:43 PM
    I bought a new storm off ebay about 3 weeks ago, it was still sealed in the box and I confirmed with CS that it was new and had never been activated. It has run fine until the past few days and it has started to lock up while I am trying to text or do any other functions, I have removed the battery and re-installed it and it is still doing it. Anybody else have this problem?

which software version?..
    06-21-09 07:52 PM

Guess I'm in the "other" that doesn't have this problem. Only lock ups I get are when I pull it out of my holster. But that only happens every once in a while.
    06-21-09 09:36 PM
    4.7.0.148 is the version I have
    06-22-09 12:47 AM
    Now my screen is blank most of the time! I keep doing a soft reset and sometimes the screen will show for a bit and as it locks up the dang thing will go blank. I tried to do a hard reset but when you get to the point of where it asks you to key in blackberry as the password I do but the enter button will not come up!! I am sick of this POS
    06-22-09 04:31 PM
    might be a hardware defect

I havent had a lockup in months
    06-22-09 04:33 PM
    It is making me think more and more that the micro sd card is going or gone bad, it was locking up but now I cant get anything on the screen at all now. Its getting worse by the hour but heck now it cant get any worse!
    06-22-09 08:55 PM
    So...call a CSR and have it exchanged already?
    06-23-09 12:14 AM
    Its a perfectly functioning Storm. Don't get alarmed.

Its a first generation device there will be issues and it will only get better from here.

You may want to try a hybrid and schedule quickpull every 1-3 minutes.

Remember the iPhone had its problems too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 12:40 AM

\

OMG such great advice. Thanks again for another pointless post like usual. You know there are more than 3 people with the storm out there, FYI.
    06-23-09 12:49 AM
    So it begins.. sorry to hear about your problems but I went through 4 of storms before finally deciding it was enough. You may want to keep that verizon customer service number handy.
    06-23-09 11:16 AM
    I am having the same problem with the Storm freezing and i just bought it yesterday, I was trying to do the set up wizard and it froze. Finally had to do a battery pull. It has the .148 . should I take it back for a replacement?
    06-26-09 11:08 AM
    I am having the same problem with the Storm freezing and i just bought it yesterday, I was trying to do the set up wizard and it froze. Finally had to do a battery pull. It has the .148 . should I take it back for a replacement?

if you just bought it, then yes you should if its freezing on you. And this time test it out in the store and make sure everything works as it should before you leave the store.
    06-27-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD