I just got 0.0 kb and its running fine, so does it matter as much as people say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 12:22 AM
    use and abuse it
    06-21-09 12:32 AM
    When I hit 2mb I find the phone to be really sluggish. So I guess as long as its above 2mb its fine

06-21-09 12:51 AM
    the only time it should matter is when you notice your storm slowing down then you should reboot. No need to stare at how much memory you have. As long as its working fine than you have no need to worry.
    06-21-09 01:19 AM
    Thats the same way I feel. I check but unless I see Stormslider go into low memory mode I dont really worry. Ill check if Im beta testing themes just to see how my memory looks but never really worry otherwise.
    06-21-09 01:23 AM
    Is oxygen important for my body
    06-21-09 08:45 AM
    Bah, I used to obsess over it, but I was really limiting my phone. Now I have all the applications I want, I boot up at ~33 mb and it runs itself down to like 10-13 mb by the end of the day, but I have it reset on it's own in the AM every day, and now I don't give it a second thought. I don't notice a change in the performance (if I do, I used Aerize optimizer which gives me RAM back which always speeds up the phone.)

P.S. I'm using a shrunken OS, so I boot with like 60mb before applications. That helps.
    06-21-09 09:31 AM
    Apps memory doesn't matter until it starts getting rid of your emails and phone logs. I loaded the WSJ app to read the paper every day and it started eliminating my call back logs. Really a pain since you then have to go look up everything. I also lost all my emails. Once I killed the app, it then worked ok.

What I would like is to get the APP engine to use the Memory card and allow the user to set the useage of the memory card over the internal app memory.

Put a menu item in the apps control that allows you to spec that the APP cannot use the main memory at all. Also let me priortize what uses teh app memory rather than just letting hte OS decide that my phone log and email are less important than the US OPen leaderboard today.
    06-22-09 04:05 AM
    R
    Is oxygen important for my body
    I'm not flaming this poster but this is a perfect example of why you have to wade through lot of BS on this site.
    My body shuts down and runs noticeably worse with low oxygen,
    My storm runs the same from 42 to 5 app mem.
    I have been running up and down between 10 and 15 for two weeks
    And I have no probs and no pulls.

06-22-09 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD