I really like the Browser on the iphone 3GS. I'm still turned off that MMS is not activated and no notification light. I really thought about getting one because I qualify for an upgrade. Let's say (theoretically) that I do purchase the new 3GS with a new 2 yr. contract. Is there anyway that I can switch and use my Bold and still have all my Bold functions? If you buy a 3GS, do we have to keep the iphone plan? Can I switch back to my Bold anytime or am I stuck with the iphone plan?
    06-20-09 09:26 PM
    no, bold all the way and i think your not contracted to a plan but to the actual contract that says you have to have service from AT&T you should be able to switch your iphone plan with a bis plan. I've never heard of any limitations that would inhibit someone from doing that.
    06-20-09 09:30 PM
    NO NO NO...This IS Crackberry Nation not Iphone nation.
    06-20-09 09:31 PM
    I will be getting one. Had the 3G but sold it for money for the 3G-S.
    06-20-09 09:32 PM
    No, but not because it isn't a BlackBerry. I simply hate touchscreen
    devices.
    06-20-09 09:36 PM
    Got my Iphone 3G S and it is FABULOUS!
    the phone is virtually instantaneous .. you ask it to do something and it's done. it is VERY fast.
    the video is best of the best Ever experienced in a phone no question.
    voice dial is very cool.. it has a scrolly artsy background that reminds you of the prompt you should ask.. very cool..
    etc etc etc.. and 32GB!! please.. I know it's a Bold site.. I have a bold.. It is sitting with the battery out of it.. and my New Iphone 3Gs is UNREAL!!
    no comparison to any phone to date.. IMHO
    06-20-09 09:37 PM
    Yes, I'm tempted to get one -- for my wife, she doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 10:02 PM
    **** no. im good with the BOLD!
    06-20-09 10:06 PM
    No, but not because it isn't a BlackBerry. I simply hate touchscreen
    devices.
    100% with this comment for sure. Can't stand the touchscreen and absolutely love my Bold.
    06-20-09 10:09 PM
    Don't you just hate it when people first buy a bb and tell you how great it is and then they instanteously jump ship for an iphone? I've always stood by a bb and will continue to do so unlike people here who have jumped ship. The iphone 3gs is not an exceptional upgrade this time around. apple losing the battle.

06-20-09 10:16 PM
    Don't you just hate it when people first buy a bb and tell you how great it is and then they instanteously jump ship for an iphone? I've always stood by a bb and will continue to do so unlike people here who have jumped ship. The iphone 3gs is not an exceptional upgrade this time around. apple losing the battle.

You can "stand by" a little keyboard with a screen and battery attached if you want. But at the end of the day, it's just a cell phone. A balckberry is really only as exceptional as the services tied to it. Now that other smart-phones have decent push e-mail, the whole blackberry as being unique thing holds less water.

I agree that the iphone 3gs is not an exceptional upgrade. But you can say the same for every trackball based bb.

More ram, bigger screen, decent processor, call it a bold = wait a year, take away the wi-fi, swap in a cdma radio and call it a Tour.

Rim doesn't make any major changes, aside from the storm fiasco. They're just as lame as you are claiming apple to be.
    06-20-09 10:34 PM
    Not at all. I just can't use a touchscreen while I'm on-the-go.

06-20-09 10:38 PM
    No I'm not tempted to get one. Never been a fan of the iphone or touchscreen devices at all...
    06-20-09 10:49 PM
    You can "stand by" a little keyboard with a screen and battery attached if you want. But at the end of the day, it's just a cell phone.
    No, at the end of the day, it's a BlackBerry, a mobile email device. Email was and is its core function. The phone part was an add-on.

06-20-09 10:54 PM
    I would like to play with one for a day or two but once the new wore off I'd be back to my BB just like with the 2G and 3G.
    06-20-09 10:55 PM
    No. Only because I don't trust that the battery will last me a full day.
    And because they cannot run programs in the background.

Dealbreakers.
    06-20-09 11:21 PM
    There are so many pros and cons for the iPhone that I'd be torn... Luckily, I don't have an upgrade available or else I might buy one just to have... Haha
    06-20-09 11:24 PM
    As I stated above, A balckberry is really only as exceptional as the services tied to it. Now that other smart-phones have decent push e-mail, the whole blackberry as being unique thing holds less water.

Context brings a whole new meaning to things!
    06-20-09 11:24 PM
    For you 3GS owners, how is the battery life? Compared to 3G and Bold?

06-20-09 11:34 PM
    I also went from iPhone to my current BB Bold.

As others have said, I can't stand relying on touchscreen completely.

Another huge hit for me was the lack of running applications in the background.
    06-20-09 11:42 PM
    Things I can't believe the iPhone doesn't STILL have...and why I don't plan to get one anytime soon.

- Multi-tasking: imo it's the most critical feature of a smartphone. I find it amusing that you have to turn off applications to use another, totally makes instant messaging and streaming impossible. I don't care how fast the phone is, I want to be able to keep Google Talk, AIM, Pandora on all day 24/7 at the same time while sending email/texts and making calls. My iphone friends are blown away when I show them exactly what they are missing out on.

- Speedy text input: Blackberries (Bold in particular) has the best keyboard, virtual or real, on a phone hands down. I type faster on it than anything I've held with my two hands.

- Replaceable battery (#1 reason I stopped buying ipods). Within a year, all my apple products consistently lost their ability to hold a charge. Bahh.

- External removable storage. 32GB is nothinggg for a multimedia phone. I could fill that up with music alone in a heartbeat.

- Camera Flash. Imagine Canon or Nikon selling a hot new camera with awesome video capabilities and other neat stuff, but with no flash...

- Only available on AT&T!! What if you have no one you know on this carrier!

The iphone is a great phone, has lots of useful apps, great multimedia features but its still so unpolished and has a long way to go before it can sit with the big boys.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 06-20-09 at 11:50 PM.
    06-20-09 11:47 PM
    Things I can't believe the iPhone doesn't STILL have...and why I don't plan to get one anytime soon.

- Multi-tasking: imo it's the most critical feature of a smartphone. I find it amusing that you have to turn off applications to use another, totally makes instant messaging and streaming impossible. I don't care how fast the phone is, I want to be able to keep Google Talk, AIM, Pandora on all day 24/7 at the same time while sending email/texts and making calls. My iphone friends are blown away when I show them exactly what they are missing out on.

- Speedy text input: Blackberries (Bold in particular) has the best keyboard, virtual or real, on a phone hands down. I type faster on it than anything I've held with my two hands.

- Replaceable battery (#1 reason I stopped buying ipods). Within a year, all my apple products consistently lost their ability to hold a charge. Bahh.

- External removable storage. 32GB is nothinggg for a multimedia phone. I could fill that up with music alone in a heartbeat.

- Camera Flash. Imagine Canon or Nikon selling a hot new camera with awesome video capabilities and other neat stuff, but with no flash...

- Only available on AT&T!! What if you have no one you know on this carrier!

The iphone is a great phone, has lots of useful apps, great multimedia features but its still so unpolished and has a long way to go before it can sit with the big boys.
    They were supposed to make multi-tasking available on the new iPhone, then they said it would be some kind of "limited" multi-tasking. But in the end there is no such thing. And this is what you beat the fanboy ******* over the head with, because they have no idea it's even possible.

06-20-09 11:56 PM
    Im not, I had an iphone 3g for over 9 months, Great phone!! I traded it for the bold and that's it never going back Love the Bold.
    I did order the 3gs because my carrier gave it to me at the price of new sign up's but traded it for a new 8900 and some $$ . The Iphone was great to pass time with. BUT with the bold I save time
    06-21-09 12:23 AM
    Like others have said, I simply can't use a touchscreen phone. If it had a slide out qwerty keyboard, maybe. Oh and if RF and call quality was on par with the Bold, then more than maybe. But since this is not going to happen anytime soon, then it's a NO!
    06-21-09 12:27 AM
    I only like the bold for its messaging functions. Blackberry beats all phones in the messaging department.

06-21-09 12:40 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD