I've had my bold for a few months, and have had a few small issues with it here and there, so I figured I'd get a replacement under warranty. Got it yesterday, did a "device transfer" using the bb desktop manager. Everything went smoothy. Even my bbm pin carried over. I actually didn't think it did, so bbm'ed everyone with a "new pin, add me" message, but they all said i showed up the same.
    I noticed, however, that i haven't received a single email since last night, and I know for a fact that I've had a few sent to me. So today I went into the "setup" on the phone, and it said somethign along the lines of
    "Your phone is configured for use with [different pin, i presume a new one for the phone]. Would you like to configure with use of [my 'original' pin]?" So I said yes, and registered my gmail into it again.
    My question is, was I supposed to do that? I figured by doing a device transfer everything, including email settings, would carry over. Is that incorrect?

Also, after transfering, I upgraded to v4.6.0.266 (Platform 4.0.0.233). That was the latest one that I saw posted on the forums and from reading about it it seemed stable..
    06-18-09 02:22 PM
    06-18-09 02:25 PM
    [got it]

thanks!
    06-18-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD