I know people love this browser, and I just don't get it. It seems so temperamental and sensitive for the Storms touch screen. And... it always asks if you want to allow a website to access the internet, and you alway have to hit the BB menu button for the keyboard to pop up. Am I doing something wrong here. I want to like it...
    06-18-09 10:08 AM
    I'm with you on this one. While speeds may be faster, it is really a pain in the arse to use. Even bolt, having to open up the options menus, to select a web address in a blank screen.

Some may like these browsers for speed, but I personally think they're to much of a hassle!
    06-18-09 10:16 AM
    It works fine on my 8900! Maybe your Storm isn't up to par to be able use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:20 AM
    I'm with you on this one. While speeds may be faster, it is really a pain in the arse to use. Even bolt, having to open up the options menus, to select a web address in a blank screen.

Some may like these browsers for speed, but I personally think they're to much of a hassle!
    That bums me out. I was hoping I had the wrong version installed, or something messed up in settings.

Oh well, guess I'm not crazy after all
    06-18-09 10:22 AM

More like Opera Mini isn't up to par with the Storm's capabilities. I think it was just Called OK for the storm. lol
    06-18-09 10:24 AM

I believe that's it. You can't even highlight something without the browser thinking you actually chose it. Trackball would fix that issue right off the bat.
    06-18-09 10:24 AM
    Have you tried using Bolt browser? Maybe that would work for ya.

06-18-09 10:26 AM
    Have you tried using Bolt browser? Maybe that would work for ya.

Thank you, I think I will...
    06-18-09 10:32 AM
    Opera Mini defiantly takes a little getting used to on the storm. The biggest advantage for me is the ability to download larger files that the default browser will not allow. Ie... download a tv show from videos4blackberry.info right to my blackberry from my blackberry. Other than that I really use the default browser for everything else. But for me opera mini is worth keeping
    06-18-09 10:38 AM
    Keep in mind Opera Mini was originally created to work on ANY phone that can run a Java application--this includes most "dumb"phones too. It still works great on most phones. It was not originally created for touch screens, though I think the Opera folks are working on that. For now, it seems to work best if you have a keyboard.
    06-18-09 12:23 PM
    There is definitely a learning curve, but with that said, it is well worth the time. I primarily use it to check my bookmarks because it does load those sites so fast. I would get it more time. I am also hoping that a Storm version will be released soon which would resolve those issues.

Isn't Alpha a new browser that is coming out for BB that is supposed to be pretty decent?
    06-18-09 12:42 PM
    I love Opera on my 8900, it's the only browser I use, much faster than bb browser and I personally find it easy easier to use.

06-18-09 02:10 PM
    Works great for the Curve. I hate to hear that it's not up to par for the Storm.

06-18-09 04:50 PM
    I find none of the BB shortcuts (Top, Bottom, PageUp/Down, etc..) even the pearl's SureType doesn't work in Opera-Mini!!

makes entering addresses & typing data unbearable
    06-18-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD