Hey guys, I placed my order with CNN.CN a week ago and I was expecting to receive it next week, but to my surprise it came in yesterday. I bought a mint condition 8320 curve through Craigslist a couple weeks ago and the battery cover was a little scratched up, I thought I could live with it but I couldn't so I decided to get the Crimson full housing replacement instead of just a new cover. I would have posted pics of the whole process but I was too exited to get my new case on. Anyways here it is nothing special since it looks like any other Crimson Curve, but I'm stoked!!!!

Full BSE and all!!
    03-20-08 06:38 AM
    Nice
    I woun't mind a housing colour change too
    03-20-08 06:48 AM
    Wow... looks great... maybe I should think about changing my housing too... hmm...
    03-20-08 07:02 AM
    Nice housing kimbo!!!
    03-20-08 07:04 AM
    yeah man, im gonna need a new housing too
    nice wallpaper
    03-20-08 08:13 AM
    Welcome!!! =}
    03-20-08 08:25 AM
    Cool, was it an easy process to change the housing and would changing the housing void the warranty?
    03-20-08 08:39 AM
    I have a red 8310 myself. Don't you just love the look. Enjoy and welcome.
    03-20-08 09:33 AM
    Hmm, thanks Kimbo, I too am now considering getting replacement housing.
    03-20-08 09:36 AM
    Nice
    I woun't mind a housing colour change too
    Thanks!

Wow... looks great... maybe I should think about changing my housing too... hmm...
    Thank you!

Nice housing kimbo!!!
    Haha Thanks

Welcome!!! =}
    Hi, thanks

yeah man, im gonna need a new housing too
    nice wallpaper
    Do it! Yeah, I just made it last night

Cool, was it an easy process to change the housing and would changing the housing void the warranty?
    It was fairly easy, the package came with the front plate, bottom piece, battery cover, rubberized sides, and the internal plastic piece where the electronic components attach too, but I didn't bother with that part. I did have to order a T5 screwdriver though. As for voiding warranty I'm sure opening up your BB would void it.

I have a red 8310 myself. Don't you just love the look. Enjoy and welcome.
    Nice, yeah its a much deeper red then I thought, but it looks sooo good.

Hmm, thanks Kimbo, I too am now considering getting replacement housing.
    Haha thanks!

For anyone considering this it was a well worth it imo. It wasn't a very difficult swap but I did run into a few little problems removing the Front faceplate because I didn't have a case opener, but I just took advice from another member here and used a credit card and it worked fine. Take your time, don't rush no matter how excited you are!! If anyone else does decide to do this make sure you have a T5 screwdriver and I believe a T6 for the screws that hold in the keyboard etc, but thats if you want to swap over the electrical parts.

Other than that thanks for all the help and replies, I'm coming from a 8100 and I'm really enjoying this phone.
    Last edited by stayuplate; 03-20-08 at 10:56 AM.
    03-20-08 10:49 AM
    Sweet!!! Welcome StayUpLate. Enjoy the ride!
    03-20-08 11:01 AM
    I've really been thinking about doing the same thing, only im using an 8300 on AT&T so my keypad is the gray with black numbers, but I like the black keypad with gray numbers. Does anyone know where replacement keypads can be found?
    03-20-08 11:42 AM
    I've been thinking about crimsin in the front and the seidio rubberized cover in the back. Looks nice bro
    03-20-08 11:55 AM
    Where did you order it from? How much was it? I have seen the crimson cases for the 8310, does that crimson case fit onto the 8320?
    03-20-08 12:26 PM
    Hey guys, I placed my order with CNN.CN a week ago and I was expecting to receive it next week, but to my surprise it came in yesterday. I bought a mint condition 8320 curve through Craigslist a couple weeks ago and the battery cover was a little scratched up, I thought I could live with it but I couldn't so I decided to get the Crimson full housing replacement instead of just a new cover. I would have posted pics of the whole process but I was too exited to get my new case on. Anyways here it is nothing special since it looks like any other Crimson Curve, but I'm stoked!!!!

Full BSE and all!!

Very nice. I love my crimson 8310, kinda sticks out in a crowd.
    03-20-08 12:41 PM
    Where did you order it from? How much was it? I have seen the crimson cases for the 8310, does that crimson case fit onto the 8320?
    yes it does
    03-20-08 01:45 PM
    I do like the crimson! Nice job on the install. Now you just need to remove the AT&T logo at the bottom and you'll be all set!
    03-20-08 01:56 PM
    i like it alot i think its time for change of housing too!
    03-20-08 02:05 PM
    looks real good bro.
    03-20-08 03:32 PM
    I'm thinking of getting a different color myself. Mine isn't even two weeks old.

Good job with changing it.
    03-20-08 03:35 PM
    looks really good !!! ..... i wonder if u can buy the key board in black..i have been looking but cant find it .
    03-20-08 05:37 PM
    Thanks again everyone!!!!!

I originally wanted to remove the At&t logo but thought oh well and now I have the BSE on it so it'll have to stay on there for now.

I thought about the black keys but I kind of like the silver and red combo.

I cruised into T-Mobile earlier today and picked up a clear Speck case for 10 bucks to replace my old clear case which didn't cover the screen. They thought I unlocked the phone and didn't believe me when I said I just swapped housing ha oh well
    03-20-08 05:53 PM
    Thanks again everyone!!!!!

I originally wanted to remove the At&t logo but thought oh well and now I have the BSE on it so it'll have to stay on there for now.

I thought about the black keys but I kind of like the silver and red combo.

I cruised into T-Mobile earlier today and picked up a clear Speck case for 10 bucks to replace my old clear case which didn't cover the screen. They thought I unlocked the phone and didn't believe me when I said I just swapped housing ha oh well
    Tell the rep at TMobile that if they really want you to have TMobile logo instead of AT&T that you will gladly trade it for a new in box TMobile Curve!!!
    03-20-08 07:01 PM
    oh maaaan! that looks awesome!
    how would you be able to take off the AT&T logo though?
    03-28-08 02:28 AM
    FYI----stayuplate, I just ordered my new housing, now I just hope I don't ef up my little baby! lol
    I can't wait! at least this'll be cheaper than colorware for now right?
    but really how can I take off that logo? I am not going to do any free advertising for them especially since I had to pay for it!lol
    thanks again!!!!
    03-28-08 02:41 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD