I have four phones and use 2000+ minutes a month... I am looking to get two iphones and two more dumbphones.. On the 2100 minute plan with data and text

I currently have Alltel and I am not happy about switching to verizon and they are expensive.. We currently cant get out without paying etfs..

Will ATT credit us for our fees.. I beleive alltel prorates them so i am not sure of the exact amounts of them..
    06-17-09 08:50 PM
    Why not go to Verizon?

AT&T's network is **** compared to them, Would you like to see a 3G coverage comparison?
    06-17-09 09:00 PM
    Why not go to Verizon?

AT&T's network is **** compared to them, Would you like to see a 3G coverage comparison?
    i would like the iphone...
    06-17-09 09:14 PM
    TyD if you are looking to switch over to AT&T.....I would just call them up and see what they can offer you as far as plans and devices and see if you can get any good deals coming over as a new customer. Also make sure that you have good coverage in you area before you decide completely on a switch. You can always do that by checking the att website coverage map......good luck and let us know what you decide to do.
    06-17-09 11:32 PM
    I have four phones and use 2000+ minutes a month... I am looking to get two iphones and two more dumbphones.. On the 2100 minute plan with data and text

I currently have Alltel and I am not happy about switching to verizon and they are expensive.. We currently cant get out without paying etfs..

Will ATT credit us for our fees.. I beleive alltel prorates them so i am not sure of the exact amounts of them..
    Please disregard what others have said about the AT&T network. Choose whatever fits you best financially and for what you want/need.

Everyone talks trash about each and every carrier out there and just because one person has an issue with signal, their device or customer service it doesn't mean you'll have that issue yourself.

I believe you'll have a hard time getting any of your ETF's waived or partially credited towards your AT&T bill but I could be wrong. I was never involved with telesales but they may be able to work with you on equipment prices. I can almost guarantee you however that their will be no discount on any iPhone.

Call AT&T telesales and try your best. Here's the number: 1-888-333-6651
    06-18-09 04:52 PM
    turns out our etfs are 200 per line... we may just have to merge over 1 by 1 as our contracts expire.. this sucks... I am hoping verizon will pull something shady that will void our contracts..
    06-18-09 08:18 PM
    That sucks and good luck with everything.
    06-19-09 02:25 PM
    thanks.....
    06-19-09 04:53 PM
    What is the deal with Verizon? Why don't you want to go to them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:05 PM
    What is the deal with Verizon? Why don't you want to go to them

really dude....

reading comprehension must not be your thing....

I WANT THE IPHONE!!! and cheaper plans?!?!?
    06-19-09 09:10 PM
    I asked a simple question.

He answered it and I am done with him, he will be back, I left Alltel for 6 months, biggest mistake I ever made, but then again I used to travel a lot, AT&T is fine if you stay in the city.

Last edited by ssanders2k7; 06-20-09 at 04:08 PM.
    06-20-09 12:23 PM
    Thread cleaned and off topic posts removed.
    06-20-09 02:36 PM
    Last thing I have to say

"The phone is only as good as the network it is on." Lowell McAdam, Verizon Wireless, CEO

06-21-09 02:55 AM
    really dude....

reading comprehension must not be your thing....

I WANT THE IPHONE!!! and cheaper plans?!?!?
    AT&T's plans are the same price as verizon's.

06-21-09 03:16 AM
    Sounds to me like he just wants the iPhone. Probably has for a long time but didn't want to switch carriers to get it. Now his carrier has been bought and he has a choice between a new carrier without the iPhone and a new carrier with it.

06-21-09 06:54 AM
    I would never switch carriers because of a phone, I don't care if any other carrier released the super ultimate BB that is better than everything and Alltel still had the curve.

I judge carriers based on 3G coverage and overall Voice coverage, not by what phones they have, no matter how cool they may be

But, his choice and his loss

06-21-09 01:39 PM
    I don't understand why it seems like some are flaming the op for wanting to get the iphone. This would not be the first time or the last time that someone would leave a carrier for a phone. Some people care about coverage and others care about phones......that's it. Their choice and that's all that matters......seems like this has gotten away from the original question that was asked...hopefully all works out well for the op.
    06-21-09 03:22 PM
    You certainly can't blame someone for wanting an iphone. Its a cool phone. Unfortunately, where I live, AT&T doesn't have great coverage. An iphone would basically be an ipod touch!
    06-21-09 04:54 PM
    Man... You guys just have too much time on your hands... I had a simple question that was answered WAY earlier in the thread...

Thanks ambeyrae for your help...

and ssanders... I though the last thing you were going to say was two things you said ago...
    06-21-09 08:49 PM
    AT&T's plans are the same price as verizon's.

Not quite. I have the same plan with AT&T as I did with Verizon. 450 minutes with rollover, unlimited messaging and blackberry internet, and handset insurance. My AT&T bill is about $11 less than what my monthly Verizon bill was.
    06-23-09 10:56 AM
    Requesting this thread be closed ... clearly the question has been answered and even after moderation, the flaming continues on...

Good luck to the OP, glad you got the answer you were originally looking for.
    06-23-09 01:07 PM
    The OP's question has been answered to his satisfaction. There is no freedom of speech in these forums when it comes to posting offensive material.

Thread closed and more off topic posts removed.
    06-24-09 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD