So I look at my rebate status today and it says it has been declined and the only other information says it is invalid. This makes me so angry b/c I did everything the sales rep told me to do and mailed everything in the NEXT day, WTF
    06-17-09 03:39 PM
    I've had that happen before. Call up CS and see if they can give you a reason why, and they may be able to fix it for you.
    06-17-09 03:46 PM
    I already plan on calling but geez can't they do away with this stupid mail in crap already! Sorry I'm ranting but this kind of crap really ticks me off.
    06-17-09 03:52 PM
    I agree with you, but this is exactly what any company wants, they want you to forget to mail it in, or do something wrong so they can turn you down. It saves them tons of money that way, they are very frustrating!
    06-17-09 03:55 PM
    I'm tired of crap like this where you are at their mercy and we as consumers can do nothing, that is just crap! This is a big reason I try not to shop at Best Buy, seems like everything they sell has a stupid MIR!
    06-17-09 03:57 PM
    No doubt! I try really hard to buy things with instant rebates now. But a MIR can be nice, especially when you forget you have one coming , and it shows up! LOL
    06-17-09 04:05 PM
    Actually, Best Buy typically offers instant rebates, AFAIK.
    06-17-09 04:06 PM
    Oh my bad, I'm speaking from my experiences in the past, hopefully it's gotten better b/c I really did try to avoid that.
    06-17-09 04:12 PM
    MIR can be nice but I'd rather they just sell me the phone for 50 bucks since they advertise that as the price instead of all this mail in crap going around in circles, just my opinion...
    06-17-09 04:14 PM
    I do agree with you, but at least Sprint still mails you a check. I don't care for the ones that send it to you on a Debit Card, personally I think that is total BS.
    06-17-09 04:26 PM
    regular customer care won't be able to see why it was denied you would have would have to go to the rebates department and speak with a rep there
    06-17-09 04:28 PM
    I read somewhere its better to go into the store, is this true?
    06-17-09 04:48 PM
    i think radio shack has instant rebates to. I think its totally dumb to have mir too.
    06-17-09 04:59 PM
    Best buy is all instant... I phone shop there exclusively. MUCH beTter than it used to be!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 05:08 PM
    Sorry my last post is dumb, is it better to go to the store and have them fax my receipt and rebate form to the rebate center? I was reading that somewhere its better to go the store than talk to the rebate center...
    06-17-09 05:21 PM
    I know when I got my Curve, I ordered through telesales and they gave me the rebates instantly - is this normal, or did I just get lucky?
    06-17-09 07:17 PM
    srry to hear ur troublesome i never had a problem with any rebates . 2 so far with sprint 1 for powersupply and for a videocard got my money back took a while like always but got here!
    06-17-09 07:32 PM
    Oh shucks. I better go out to the site and make sure I haven't been declined. I just got an email from them this week giving me a tracking number or something like that. I hope I get mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 07:41 PM
    With Best Buy and Radio Shack offering the instant rebates you can usually get Sprint to issue the rebate instantly. They'd rather you buy from them then have to pay a portion of your monthly fees to a 3rd party.
    06-17-09 08:26 PM
    A while ago everything at Best Buy had mail in rebates. Any $15 CD you bought came with a $3 mail in rebate. It was horrible.

A little later they decided to automate everything, payed attention to their customers and did away with EVERY mail in rebate, whether it was issued by them or by another company (as in phones)

About the same time, a company that processed rebates for a ton of companies (including AT&T, Target and a few other equally big retailers) went belly up. I read a story about the repercussions of the company. I'm gonna remember these numbers wrong, but the point will get across. They estimated that 30,000 rebates were interrupted, and a little less than half will be unnecessarily denied. In addition, the responsible companies (AT&T, Target, etc) will end up paying 125% or each rebate, to take care of the rebate itself, as well as fees associated with the situation.

They also gave some numbers in their story to suggest that mail in rebates will soon be a thing of the past. This was Nov 08. After seeing Best Buy and Radio Shack do away with their rebate system, I'd guess that phone companies are so competitive, they will be next. I guess isn't correct, I should have said, "I hope"
    06-17-09 08:43 PM
    So here is the reason they gave me:
    The Terms and Conditions require that the purchased device be activated within the specified timeframe in order to receive the rebate.

?? I'm confused by this, I was not told about a particular time frame to receive the rebate...
    06-18-09 10:48 AM
    Hi I just bought my bb curve 8330 at Best buy and they took the rebate off right off the balance of the phone. Secondly, I have a general question if you want to place a song for an email alert or text message alert can that be done and how? Thanks for the help if anyone can advise me on how to do it.
    06-20-09 12:46 PM
    I just received an email from Sprint today telling me my rebate form has been received (yaa!) Hopefully I won't get denied my $$ for some technical bs :-) Good luck getting your rebate, I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me in 10-14 weeks!
    06-20-09 09:55 PM
    Our Best Buy and both Wal Marts just started carrying Sprint again and both of them just sell you the device with a plan at the after rebate price, $49.99 for the Curve, for example. What I don't get, is if a 3rd party vendor like these two companies can just sell you the device at the base rate, with a new plan, why is it that Corporate themselves still insist on making us stomach this obnoxious, slow rebate process. On another note, the two Radio Shacks in town that still carry Sprint don't do the instant rebates, nor does the Sprint (non-corporate) store, they give you the mail in. The Sprint store here is a joke though, always closed early "for training," one day when I had to take a phone in for a question I had, they were "at lunch" for two and a half hours, anytime you ever have a question, the reps there always tell you to call customer care, and the funniest thing of all is that when you go in to get a phone there, you can't even walk out of the store with one, they don't have them there.... they have to order it for you and the earliest they have it is the next day. I just wish we had an actual corporate Sprint store here... *sigh*
    06-21-09 04:27 AM
    I hate mail in rebates, and refuse to take part in any transaction involving them, no matter how good it sounds. The first and only time I did it, I bought a desktop computer and monitor from Best Buy.

I had to make photocopies of the receipts and UPC, cut my box all up to include the UPC on one of them. It was so confusing I actually didn't do it for 5 weeks, missing out on $50 of the rebates because it had to be done in 30 days

Of the remaining $230 that was promised to me, I got $180 of it. I swear it was 5 different ones. That $280 I was suppose to get back, yeah, finally I got back $180 of it and it took months. I actually moved during the time, and feel more than confident that I wouldn't have gotten diddle squat if I had not used my P.O. Box.

But back on topic... my understanding of rebates is that is is usually the manufacturer who is giving you the rebate. They sell the store the item at a certain price, then drop the price to increase sales some time later.

So you have to mail them proof of purchase, and they give you the difference directly. It's a bunch of crap.

As far as wireless carriers, even if the rebate is handled by them, it probably still is being funded by the company that made the phone. I could be wrong.
    06-21-09 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD