I just went to a Sprint store and checked out the Pre. While it's a pretty cool phone i am certainly staying with my BB. That being said, it had a very cool app ("1 of only 40 or so available so far" -Sprint Rep) called Infopedia made by SplashData. It was a real app, not just a launcher for a website, that connects directly to Wikipedia. I really liked the UI and functionality of it. Has stuff like History, email article to friends, random article search, etc. Having looked at their website it looks like there is a similar app for the iphone.

SplashData products for the iPhone and iPod Touch

I have searched for anything similar for the BB and only found launchers for Wikipedia's mobile site.

Any help with this would be very appreciated.
    06-17-09 10:21 AM
    bump bump bump
    06-17-09 02:08 PM
    If I understand what this app does, I'd sure like to have it! Browsing to wikipedia, then trying to enlarge the page enough to be able to click on the search field takes too long! An app that would let me type in a search right away would be great! If it also managed the results so they better fit my storm's screen - wow!
    06-17-09 05:26 PM
    have u tried: WikiStorm

or

Wikipedia
    06-17-09 06:46 PM
    Its a laucher would be cool to have an app. It takes a while for the wiki pages to load. I would also like an imdb app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 09:22 PM
    WikiMobile is a very good app. You can get it via appworld. Works great and utilizes the Storm touch screen and swipe.

06-18-09 12:17 AM
    Wow wikimobile cost 10 dollars

06-18-09 02:05 AM
    hmmmm.... 10 dollars seems high for an app that has way less than decent reviews.

I'll probably hold out for something else. Thanks for the help so far.
    06-18-09 09:26 AM
    have u tried: WikiStorm
    06-18-09 09:29 AM
    Greetings - I am a longtime Treo user, just made the jump to BB (Sprint Curve 8330). I am using WikiMobile: any way to suppress having the app asking for ok to access the Bonfiremedia.com website every time it does a search? I set the application permissions to allow, but still no help.
    thanks
    06-21-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD