I'm using the Curve (8330) right now and I am wondering if the upgrade to the Tour is worth the money.

Having more memory and a faster CPU is appealing but I have no need for the Quad-Band GSM, Improved Camera, or High-Res Screen.

Is this still a worthwhile upgrade for me? What are the pros and cons?
    06-16-09 10:39 PM
    I'm using the Curve (8330) right now and I am wondering if the upgrade to the Tour is worth the money.

Having more memory and a faster CPU is appealing but I have no need for the Quad-Band GSM, Improved Camera, or High-Res Screen.

Is this still a worthwhile upgrade for me? What are the pros and cons?
    this is the upgrade

better camera
    more memory
    better screen
    better browser
    06-16-09 10:41 PM
    The only draw back I see to upgrading is that the keyboard appears to be a little cramped.

I'll take a look at it and see how it fits and works with my fingers.
    06-16-09 10:45 PM
    I would be doing the same and think it is a GREAT upgrade!
    06-16-09 10:47 PM
    The only draw back I see to upgrading is that the keyboard appears to be a little cramped.

I'm pretty sure this keyboard will blow the Curve's away. If anything, the Curve's looks much more cramped than the Tour's.
    06-16-09 10:59 PM
    I'm pretty sure this keyboard will blow the Curve's away. If anything, the Curve's looks much more cramped than the Tour's.
    i agree...coming from a curve how could anyone call the tour's keyboard cramped ?
    06-16-09 11:27 PM
    i agree...coming from a curve how could anyone call the tour's keyboard cramped ?
    I have a Curve, and I can see where someone would think the Tour's keyboard would looked cramped. The Curve has small spaces between keys, where the Tour doesn't. However, a lot of people are forgetting that this keyboard is JUST like the Bold's only a bit smaller in size, plus the physical keys on the Tour are bigger than the Curve's, thus, no spaces between them.
    06-16-09 11:47 PM

All indications are that this keyboard will be much better then the 8330. As for the OP, only you can say whether the upgrade would be worth it to you. Others have mentioned the benefits, but you may not need them. I want the faster processor, better camera and much improved keyboard. Along with some of the nice add ons. So I am willing to pay the full retail to move up from my curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 12:21 AM
    this is the upgrade

better camera
    more memory
    better screen
    better browser
    better processor
    better keyboard
    better os (although 5.0 will be out for both devices pretty soon)
    better looks
    better battery life (at least according to RIM specs)
    unlocked gps
    gsm support
    rev a
    06-17-09 01:52 PM
    I would want the upgrade but couldn't see paying full retail for it so I'll wait until I'm upgrade eligible and see what else is on the market, its all personal preference.
    06-17-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD