Background: I called corporate and told them I had dust under my screen, and they said to take it to a corporate store and they will exchange the phone for me.

I recently took it to a Verizon store, and showed the rep my screen. He told me there was nothing he could do. This is normal wear and tear. Now my friend has a Storm, and his screen is spotless. Take a look at mine.

I put flash on to simulate how it looks in daylight. Some areas of the screen are almost rendered unusable, and I can no longer really tell how much signal I have. Should I take the phone back and try again?

This is only half the screen, but you get the picture. I had to crop it because the picture was huge

EDIT: Trust me, Its a real pic. and i tried to swipe all of the dust off, that's why there are finger smudges across the screen.

Flash was on to simulate daylight, which was the real problem. The picture is 100% legit. and also look at the sides of the screen where you can see globs of dust waiting to get in the screen. I take good care of my phones. No phone of mine has ever broke, or hardly been scratched/dropped. I have had an Invisibleshield on mine but I took it off before I tried to get it replaced so I wouldn't lose it.
    Last edited by shanshor; 06-16-09 at 09:14 PM.
    06-16-09 06:32 PM
    ..go to a different location.

or wait til that guys not there. Duh.
    06-16-09 06:35 PM
    I would try again for sure. Some reps are idiots, considering this is a know problem with our phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 06:36 PM
    I wouldn't say that's a fair picture to be honest. it's pretty tough to tell what kind of shape your phone is in, and the rep could see more than we can. But, as has been said, nothing wrong with trying again!
    06-16-09 06:37 PM
    I would try again for sure. Some reps are idiots, considering this is a know problem with our phones.

not all reps are idoits.

..well completely.
    what about a different store
    That's what mine looked like, and verizon promptly overnighted me a replacement.
    06-16-09 06:45 PM
    if the guy is going to be a **** about it and make you have to make a claim on your phone insurance (assuming you can for this and thats what he wants you to do), you might as well chuck it at him as hard as you can. if you have to pay $50, at might as well at least be broken...
    06-16-09 06:49 PM
    if that's a real picture, the guy's an *****. It does seem a bit carless of the user though, but it should be replaced. Tell somebody that the screen may be loose allowing dust to sneek in underneath. If they believe you, they might replace it as a defect.
    06-16-09 06:49 PM
    if the guy is going to be a **** about it and make you have to make a claim on your phone insurance (assuming you can for this and thats what he wants you to do), you might as well chuck it at him as hard as you can. if you have to pay $50, at might as well at least be broken...
    +1

Lol... I'll plus one this just for that.
    06-16-09 06:52 PM
    Ask for a manager...

then again, it's hard for me to tell if those dots (dust?) are on the outside or inside of the screen from that pic. Perhaps, a better pic, maybe even with the phone on.

Good luck.
    06-16-09 07:01 PM
    Try again. That should definitely get replaced.

Grey
    06-16-09 07:11 PM
    Just get pissed at them and they will do it. Works for everyone I know
    06-16-09 07:14 PM
    Wow that looks crazy. I always keep my Storm in a leather case/ pouch so I hope this helps prevent this a little.
    06-16-09 07:29 PM
    My advice take a paper clip put it into charging port for your phone and bend one of the wires that are inside that charge it then bring it in and say it does not charge of course back it up first and make sure you have ins. works every time.
    06-16-09 07:30 PM
    My advice take a paper clip put it into charging port for your phone and bend one of the wires that are inside that charge it then bring it in and say it does not charge of course back it up first and make sure you have ins. works every time.
    No. Just, no.
    06-16-09 07:32 PM
    Call Verizon Tech support. They will send you a refurb. It took mine less than 24 hours to arrive. Best part is that I didn't even have to leave my house
    06-16-09 07:33 PM
    i called customer service and they sent me a new storms asap for the dust issue.
    06-16-09 07:34 PM
    If the dust complaint don't work, just tell them the phones restarting or something. Tech Support will work with you on getting you a refurbished one.
    06-16-09 07:41 PM
    I say go to a different location and keep trying until you get a new phone. Thats my best bet.
    06-16-09 07:42 PM
    Well thats true say that about the phone not working right. That might help.
    06-16-09 07:44 PM
    Pop a button off and then ask. On my first storm my call button off when I unholstered it and they replaced it with no questions.

06-16-09 07:55 PM
    The BEST solution IMO is to call back and once they tell you (again) that you can get a new phone, have them note the account. That way, when you go to a store they have no choice but to honor it. Or, do as a previous post said and have customer service mail you a refurb. I've been with Verizon for many years and I've never paid for a replaced phone... Both techniques work well!

06-16-09 08:37 PM
    i hate to say this, but there is this video.
    06-16-09 08:53 PM
    Trust me, Its a real pic. and i tried to swipe all of the dust off, that's why there are finger smudges across the screen.

Flash was on to simulate daylight, which was the real problem. The picture is 100% legit. and also look at the sides of the screen where you can see globs of dust waiting to get in the screen. I take good care of my phones. No phone of mine has ever broke, or hardly been scratched/dropped. I have had an Invisibleshield on mine but I took it off before I tried to get it replaced so I wouldn't lose it.
    06-16-09 09:03 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD