Not sure if anyone has seen this, i am having the following problems since i downloaded .148:

1. At least once, if not twice, per day my data service stops working. No browser, no emails etc. If i reset the device everything works again. (there is no water or physical damage)

2. Every so often my touch screen stops working. All of the buttons work fine but the screen doesnt respond. (a couple times per week)

Those are the biggest issues. I have had .148 since it was released here so i have been putting up with this for a little while now. I would appreciate any advice. I run quickpull everyday to help but still have these issues.

THanks for your input.
    06-15-09 11:14 PM
    I've come across the same problem as #1. It's really annoying and am getting tired of constantly having to figure out when I don't have connection and to do a quickpull.

I'm thinking of just reinstalling the OS tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance, maybe that might help. If you get a chance, try that and let us know how it goes.
    06-16-09 09:08 AM
    Not sure if anyone has seen this, i am having the following problems since i downloaded .148:

1. At least once, if not twice, per day my data service stops working. No browser, no emails etc. If i reset the device everything works again. (there is no water or physical damage)

2. Every so often my touch screen stops working. All of the buttons work fine but the screen doesnt respond. (a couple times per week)

Those are the biggest issues. I have had .148 since it was released here so i have been putting up with this for a little while now. I would appreciate any advice. I run quickpull everyday to help but still have these issues.

THanks for your input.
    For point 1 what is your reception like does it switch from 1XSEV to 1xsev or just T?

For point 2, what are your settings and how many app do you have running.
    06-16-09 09:34 AM
    06-17-09 09:50 AM
    I have noticed point 1 on my storm some times. Not once every day but perhaps about once every 2 days. Does any one know of a fix for this. I am on the .148.
    06-17-09 10:31 AM
    I have had the same problem with the data connection as well. It does not happen every day but maybe 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks. I noticed at work yesterday the phone said 1xev and not 1XEV. Thought that it was weird but went along my day and did not think much of it. I received a call or two while it said 1xev and the calls worked fine. While this morning at home I went to check the weather and the phone was still showing 1xev but could not retrieve the weather data. A trick I found is to go to manage connections and turn the radio off and then back on. I did this and the flood gates opened. I had a pile (21) of emails arrive all at once. They dated back to yesterday afternoon. This is not the first time this has happened either, starting to get annoying.
    06-17-09 12:18 PM
    i am having a similar problem...my texts are not being sent out as usual...sometimes it will send out and other times it wont and will just have a red X by them...i just now did what eman5oh said about turning it off and then back on and i had 3 msgs with red X's and when i turned it back on i got 2 of them resent back out but the other would not go...i have a 1xev at the top of mine
    06-17-09 02:12 PM
    Dial *228 option 2 for PRL (preferred roaming list) update w/cell towers.

Do battery pull (w/device on).
    06-17-09 02:20 PM
    wuts the *228 do? i just did it said i was updated

do i still do a battery pull
    06-17-09 02:40 PM
    wuts the *228 do? i just did it said i was updated

do i still do a battery pull

It updates your PRL (Preferred Roaming List). It tells the phone what towers to connect to.
    06-17-09 02:41 PM
    Good work. Do battery pull now.
    06-17-09 02:48 PM
    seems to have worked...i just sent a text and it went through

what is the difference in the 1xev and the 1XEV?
    06-17-09 02:54 PM
    What is the difference in the 1xev and the 1XEV?
    Voice w/o data vs. voice w/data.
    06-17-09 02:59 PM
    Any updates on how to force the phone to use 1XEV compared to 1xev? When I updated to .148 it switches to 1xev once every two days or so. Any suggestions?
    07-29-09 09:32 PM
    Any updates on how to force the phone to use 1XEV compared to 1xev? When I updated to .148 it switches to 1xev once every two days or so. Any suggestions?

The fix is to install .151 it will just work then. With .151 I have not done a batt pull or a quick pull in two weeks and the mem is still above 42 megs as well as the radio works as it should.
    07-30-09 10:43 AM
    Yurp. My device is doing that data loss stuff too, suddenly. I've been holding off on doing .151, but I guess now I'm gonna have to.. this is old.
    07-30-09 11:25 AM
    1) it seems to be either a location or hardware issue, since it's not widespread...

2) if you wait, and try to change orientations, etc...does it eventually go back to responding?
    07-30-09 11:26 AM
    I did find an option... Options---Mobile Network--- I set the Network Technology from Global to 1XEV last night. It has only been about 24 hours, but I haven't had to reset it yet.
    07-30-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD