Go a tweet from beejive announcing updated beta for the storm. Link will look funky since I don't have 10 posts.

beejive.com/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1629
    06-15-09 08:15 PM
    Awesome, thanks for posting.
    06-15-09 08:18 PM
    I really hope this improves battery life.
    06-15-09 08:52 PM
    I downloaded this a couple hours ago. The OTA is still the same as it was for the previous builds.

http://www.beejive.com/stormbeta

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 08:58 PM
    can someone please post the changes in this update? the last one had some ugly cosmetic changes...anything that improves the battery life!!!!
    06-15-09 09:51 PM
    can someone please post the changes in this update? the last one had some ugly cosmetic changes...anything that improves the battery life!!!!
    Change Log as listed in the beejive support forums:
    - Push solution to help save battery life
    - Voice notes (only AMR files are supported at this time, we are looking into conversion to mp3/wav format)
    - Ability to send your current GPS location
    - Update file transfer UI
    - Updated floating chat input UI
    - Chat logs added back in
    - Group chats added back in
    - Chat background wallpapers
    - Various bug fixes

06-15-09 10:12 PM
    Change Log as listed in the beejive support forums:
    - Voice notes (only AMR files are supported at this time, we are looking into conversion to mp3/wav format)
    - Ability to send your current GPS location
    - Update file transfer UI
    - Updated floating chat input UI
    - Chat logs added back in
    - Group chats added back in
    - Chat background wallpapers
    - Various bug fixes

Thank you kindly!
    06-15-09 10:27 PM
    Is there ever going to be audio supported for Beejive? I would love to be able to have it beep when I get a message, instead of the flashing LED.
    06-15-09 10:42 PM
    That's cool!
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 06-16-09 at 08:15 AM.
    06-16-09 08:10 AM
    Is there ever going to be audio supported for Beejive? I would love to be able to have it beep when I get a message, instead of the flashing LED.
    I believe it makes a profile in your profile list you can modify... no? I'm personally waiting for them to add an option to automatically start in the background once the berry starts. That's a dealbreaker for me even though i already paid for a user license... I'm sticking to the RIM clients as they have this.
    06-16-09 08:19 AM
    the 8830 version was perfect! It had separate alerts under Profiles which you could specifiy...I have seen that in the earlier beta but one of the updates made me lose it....

heard this one has the LED issue where it blinks red when you get a message but then doesnt clear the red even if you have read the IM....that's really counter-intuitive...

I'm regretting paying the $30 for this app...very disappointing
    06-16-09 09:04 AM
    I believe it makes a profile in your profile list you can modify... no? I'm personally waiting for them to add an option to automatically start in the background once the berry starts. That's a dealbreaker for me even though i already paid for a user license... I'm sticking to the RIM clients as they have this.
    Yes, you can edit beejive alerts in your alerts profile.

06-16-09 10:45 AM

Beejive is not showing up in my alerts profile after upgrading to 1.9.3. I'm going to try uninstalling it and then re-installing.
    06-16-09 11:36 AM

as I stated earlier, this is a known bug and doesn't work in these betas...is it working for you? the earliest storm beta had it working but one BP and it would vanish from the profiles options...

EDIT to above: somehow after 3 battery pulls, I now get the option in profiles under Other for the im messages through beejive...also, there is an option to remove the floating text box...this one's working better! Lets keep our fingers crossed as the only thing left is the battery drainage issue....
    Last edited by kazmi; 06-16-09 at 12:06 PM.
    06-16-09 11:51 AM
    I'm not getting anything under profiles.. I'll un-install it, then re-install it with a few battery pulls.
    06-16-09 12:24 PM
    Hey all, as a heads up to get the battery save to work you'll need a BIS email address set up on the phone.

Battery Save Mode: to use this feature you will need to have a BIS email set up on your Storm (ex: xxx@xxx. blackberry. net, visit your provider's website for more information). On the preferences screen, be sure that the "Battery Save Mode When Idle" option is checked. Please let us know if you experience any issues or if this solution is not working for you.
    06-17-09 08:55 AM
    I think this Beejive for the storm is getting better and better IMO. This version loads up quicker, signs on quicker, and shuts down quicker than 1.9.2.

I don't know about the battery life on it because I haven't left it on extensively. I'l try it this weekend. Does anyone know if there are any other steps you have to take after making the BIS email (like the post above stated) to help enable the battery save mode?
    06-19-09 07:08 AM
    I'm not getting anything under profiles.. I'll un-install it, then re-install it with a few battery pulls.
    in their forums, they instructed to first delete the old version, reboot, then install the new version. Tried it like that?

Also, does this version have the "push" notification feature? or was I mistaken and that was supposed to be a feature in the future? I can't find that option anywhere...
    06-19-09 09:33 AM
    Hmmm, maybe I will try to un-install, re-install and then a couple of battery pulls to get my sounds. It is driving me nuts that I can't get it to work. It used to give me an alert, but now nothing.
    06-19-09 05:40 PM
    Working fine for me. Quite nice actually. It does randomly sign me out of fb chat though. Other than that its pretty neat. Running in the background for about 2 hrs lost 8% batt.

06-19-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD