I was just curious as to how others felt about the $99 price point for The Simply Everything Plan (possibly taking into consideration factors such as the state of our economy, the amount spent on land line use, the quality of service, and the features included). Feel free to discuss any other factors you think are relevant.

If you think $99.00 is too much, what amount would you suggest as reasonable?

As always, best wishes to all!

*Additional note: I didn't know how to construct a graph, or bar type graphic that would indicate the results, or whether that was possible here, but if anyone is able to do so, I think that would be great.
    06-15-09 05:06 PM
    It'd be more ideal if they made other things option like nav and sprint tv and had a cheaper option, but of course they won't.

The whole premise is that you get everything at a good rate whether you use it or not, which isn't the most ideal but it's still fairly cheap.
    06-15-09 05:16 PM
    It'd be more ideal if they made other things option like nav and sprint tv and had a cheaper option, but of course they won't.

The whole premise is that you get everything at a good rate whether you use it or not, which isn't the most ideal but it's still fairly cheap.
    Good points! I've found that I've almost never used the Sprint TV, except for when first received the phone, just to see how it worked (and was charged even though the portion of the TV feature I used was included). Ultimately, I was credited, but that definitely served as a deterrent from ever pressing that TV button again. LOL For me, having the ability to watch clips of programs I might watch - really only the news, is nice, but in practice, I have yet to use it.

I do however use the Telenav Navigation, but my 8330m model doesn't seem to run Google Maps accurately (which I like to have as a supplement), but my former 8330e did. Also, the 8330m's signal with regard to GPS appears to be less stable than that of my former 8330e.

So what value might you might you assign to the TV feature?
    06-15-09 05:33 PM
    Its the best rate of any of the National Carriers...

I think its pretty fair.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 06:20 PM
    So what value might you might you assign to the TV feature?
    Very low for me personally. Some people like it but I don't find it that useful or reliable. A more reliable solution without the monthly fee is a better bet imo (like a Slingbox). Monthly fee is theoretical in this sense since it's included in your plan. But rest assured the final price of the plan in the first place was determined based off the features they put in it.
    Last edited by papped; 06-15-09 at 06:36 PM.
    06-15-09 06:25 PM
    I love it!!, its the cheapest and best plan out there IMHO from any of the other carriers..I have 2 BB phones with Unlimited Everything (sprint navigation is free with unlimited plan) for 129.99, Oh, I also have corporate discount also..Still I think that is cheap for 2 BB's...
    06-15-09 06:39 PM
    I think that the SEP is a great deal at $99.99, as if you paid for everything seperately it would be over $250/month. So even if you don't use everything, it's still a great deal for what you do use.

Basically, if you're concerned you're paying too much, is to look at everything individually and see if you'd save money by going another route. I'd venture to guess you probably wouldn't get everything you do use any cheaper seperately.

Boost Mobile (Nextel's prepaid branch) is doing the $50/monthly unlimited everything, but there are restrictions on handsets and stuff (you'd have to have the 8350i in order to have a BB or one of the older models, as it's iDEN). So yeah, I'd rather have the better price for EVERYTHING, but not the signal it's running on...

Of all the national carriers in the US, Sprint (and Boost Mobile) have cornered the market on price.

In terms of CDMA service, I think Sprint's got a great price plan with the SEP and Boost has a great price plan with the iDEN prepaid network.

Just my thoughts...
    06-15-09 06:42 PM
    $99 for the SEP is a good deal... Best out of all the carriers, so you can't really complain. It would be better if Sprint would implement corporate discounts to the $99 SEP plan though
    06-15-09 11:47 PM
    I'm happy with the SEP at $99. I don't have a landline and haven't for the about 5 years. Getting ready to switch my second line to a BB and the SEP 3,000 minute plan at $169.00 with my discount I'll actually be paying less than I am now by about $40.00.
    06-15-09 11:57 PM
    I love it!!, its the cheapest and best plan out there IMHO from any of the other carriers..I have 2 BB phones with Unlimited Everything (sprint navigation is free with unlimited plan) for 129.99, Oh, I also have corporate discount also..Still I think that is cheap for 2 BB's...
    What is your corporate discount? That seems like a very good pricing plan for two phones both with unlimited calling. Typically it would cost the average user $189.98. I receive a 16% corporate discount, which would make the cost $159.58. Under your pricing plan, that's like a 32% discount. I believe that I'm being robbed. However, with any other carrier it would be more severe.
    06-16-09 04:58 AM
    **** NO!!!!! I have searched many other carriers for a better plan, and I Simply can't " Pun VERY intended!!!"
    06-16-09 09:16 AM
    I think it's a great deal @ $99.

Personally I dont need unlimited minutes.. so I do the Everything Data plan @ $70/mo
    06-16-09 11:20 AM
    I think it's a great deal @ $99.

Personally I dont need unlimited minutes.. so I do the Everything Data plan @ $70/mo
    Me to
    99 bucs is a sweet deal
    06-16-09 11:36 AM
    I can steer you all to a company that truly only charges a flat fee of $79.95 for REAL unlimited everything including the services like voicemail,conference calling etc etc as well as al LD- Roaming-Data-Airtime, and Bandwidth for 1 flat fee no extra charges.
    Oh and NO contract, NO credit checks.
    Pm me for more info
    Telanav , evdo REV-A ,TV..like sprint tv And Better coverage then Sprint?
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-16-09 at 11:50 AM.
    06-16-09 11:44 AM
    What is your corporate discount? That seems like a very good pricing plan for two phones both with unlimited calling. Typically it would cost the average user $189.98. I receive a 16% corporate discount, which would make the cost $159.58. Under your pricing plan, that's like a 32% discount. I believe that I'm being robbed. However, with any other carrier it would be more severe.
    According to Sprint the unlimited everything plans aren't eligible for corporate discounts so, how are you guys getting them?
    06-16-09 11:45 AM
    Sorry I amended my post after your question.
    2.1 ghz. Faster than any carrier can possibly offer.
    The terminology you use will be a thing of the past.
    Is Telanav and TV..something like Sprints included?
    I would also like to see their coverage maps..were can I find thoughs?
    06-16-09 11:52 AM
    What the heck ,member "ideashappen" went MIA pulling his post from this thread.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-16-09 at 12:08 PM.
    06-16-09 12:03 PM
    Hey ideashappen, it'll take some better bait than that to get the ol' Slingfish to bite.
    06-16-09 12:10 PM
    Sling....someone always thinks they are the "know all" and make ******** statements based on false info....must be a fanboy!!! Lmao....here we go!!!!

06-16-09 12:18 PM
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-16-09 at 12:24 PM.
    06-16-09 12:19 PM
    Mwaahhhhaahahahahaha !!!!!! Fanboy paramid scheme!!! Last name MADHOFF...er verizon...er, no your money is safe,..really best plan ever....LMAO!!!

06-16-09 12:23 PM
    And BTW I have 3 crackberry's on the SEP fam data plan....don't need TV on a 3" screen!!!!!! Duh!!! Cost me $200 after taxes and EVERYTHING INCLUDED including BIS, TXT, 1500 MINS, Media, all that jazz!!! Never even come close to using mins cuz its unlimited mobile to mobile and no chrg to anyone in SPRINT.... The RED check and ATT chrg you $30 for each BERRY on BIS!!!! Plus your montly plan!!!!! DO THE MATH!!! Saving me $60 a month....that's $720 a year....HUUUULLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!

06-16-09 12:33 PM
    I dont use alot of talk time during the day, I use the crap outta data all the time between facebook and this site, SMS/MMS, messengers, and GPS, and the EMT programs. So I have the SEP 450 It the unlimited everything only with 450 daytime and I love it! I added on the TEP though being the Firehouse has cost me a few phones... Also i get the goverment discounts to being in the fire department and all...
    06-16-09 12:34 PM
    Now.....let's roll fanboyz!!!!

06-16-09 12:34 PM
    Yea I get a corp discount too...

06-16-09 12:38 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD