Hey Guys,

I recently just bought a Unlocked Storm and I'm using it with Rogers. I was able to download the Youtube Application, but every time I try to play a video this message keeps popping up:

PlayerException:Cannot open tunnelCause:java.io.IOException: Cannot open tunnel.

What is wrong? Is there a way to get the app working? As well all of the radio apps I try to download aren't able to connect either. Everything else on the phone is working. Just some apps.

Thanks a lot,

David
    06-15-09 01:32 PM
    i guess nobody knows how to get around this? i figured maybe it has something to do with my APN?
    06-15-09 02:45 PM
    still nobody?
    06-16-09 10:55 AM
    I to down loaded that app, and it did the samething when I tried to use it. I'm not on Rogers but T-mobile I couldn't find any answers to fix it so I got rid of it and went back to pulling videos form the browser sorry not more helpful.
    06-16-09 11:54 AM
    I to down loaded that app, and it did the samething when I tried to use it. I'm not on Rogers but T-mobile I couldn't find any answers to fix it so I got rid of it and went back to pulling videos form the browser sorry not more helpful.
    Hey. Thanks. I tried everything but nobody seems to be able to get aroUnd it. I guess ill stick with m.youtube.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 12:46 PM
    Hey. Thanks. I tried everything but nobody seems to be able to get aroUnd it. I guess ill stick with m.youtube.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    change APN Settings to wap.voicestream.com and that should do it, do not check the box to enable APN authentication.
    OPTIONS-ADVANCE OPTIONS-TCP/IP-APN SETTINGS.
    07-12-09 01:43 AM
    It Has To DO The Compatibility Mode... Go to Option>application> and scroll to youtube hit the menu key Make Sure The Compatibility Mode is disabled or enable it if its not like that, it worked for me but i dont use youtube like i thought i would so i deleted it
    07-12-09 02:39 AM
    You are right.....It has to do with the APN settings, you have to manually set the APN settings to the Rogers settings, I had to do this with T-mobile and it fixed the problem.
    07-12-09 10:45 AM
    It Has To DO The Compatibility Mode... Go to Option>application> and scroll to youtube hit the menu key Make Sure The Compatibility Mode is disabled or enable it if its not like that, it worked for me but i dont use youtube like i thought i would so i deleted it
    the right setting for compatibility mode is DISABLE, do not enable it.
    07-13-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD