Hey everyone,

For whatever reason I've been thinking about trying to get a Bold.

How do you guys like yours now that you have had some time with it?

Anything you don't like? Is it really that great of an improvement upon the Curve (what I have now)?

Thanks everyone, I just want to know if it is worth my time/money to try and get one.

-Wes
    06-15-09 08:45 AM
    To me, it's one of the greatest bb phone. Compared to the curve, the main difference for me is 3G. I dun use a lot of wifi as I do a lot of my usage on data plans. So the faster the speed, the better it is for me. That's just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 08:51 AM
    I love my Bold for the sames reasons of stiphone, and I love the way it look! ( My precious!!!)

06-15-09 08:54 AM
    I love my Blackberry bold. Ive owned it for about 2 months now and its my first smartphone and Blackberry. Only one main thing I dont like about it is the memory part. Have a limited amount of memory for apps and cant store apps on the memory card. Also the fact that I have to do a battery pull/restart every once in a while to free up memory and have to restart in order to uninstall apps.
    06-15-09 09:01 AM
    My 8310 tends to hang up here and there, do you get that on the Bold?
    06-15-09 09:01 AM
    I love my Blackberry bold. Ive owned it for about 2 months now and its my first smartphone and Blackberry. Only one main thing I dont like about it is the memory part. Have a limited amount of memory for apps and cant store apps on the memory card. Also the fact that I have to do a battery pull/restart every one in a while to free up memory and have to restart in order to uninstall apps.
    How much memory comes with the Bold? I thought it was like 1GB? Am I way off?
    06-15-09 09:02 AM
    Some minor issues that bug me but overall, it's a great phone!
    06-15-09 09:02 AM
    Best phone I ever had. Yes, it has 1GB internal storage.
    06-15-09 09:10 AM
    How much memory comes with the Bold? I thought it was like 1GB? Am I way off?
    The memory I was referring to was the ram part which is 128mb which of that you can only use about half for applications. It does also come with 1GB of internal storage which can be used for any file except applications.
    06-15-09 09:18 AM
    Oh so your file free isn't that great? That is a letdown if you ask me...does RIM have anything up their sleeves for a new Bold?

Then again I guess that is double the mem. of my curve.

What is a typical file free on the Bold?
    06-15-09 09:21 AM
    Not sure why that's a letdown. I have over 20 apps and still run around 35-40MB free.
    06-15-09 09:29 AM
    Yeah I like it. I'd rather have this than a Palm or Nokia. That's for sure.

06-15-09 09:32 AM
    I like my bold... Can bring it to the bathroom and take a numbet 2 and browse CB... Again this is my first BB and smartphone, so I'm new to this world, but I have had the bold since november and still love it.

06-15-09 09:36 AM
    Not sure why that's a letdown. I have over 20 apps and still run around 35-40MB free.
    So you don't run into a lot of hangups? On my curve I have about 25-26 free and the OS can still be pretty slow.
    06-15-09 09:38 AM
    So you don't run into a lot of hangups? On my curve I have about 25-26 free and the OS can still be pretty slow.
    Nope. Even when I had only 25 or so (older OS) I never had issues. Thing just flies.
    06-15-09 09:41 AM
    it wasn't my first choice but it has grown on me. it blows the 8310 out of the water in terms of performance. there are some things about it that don't like at all (namely the size, lack of app memory and horrible camera) but for the price (I got mine for free), you can't go wrong.
    06-15-09 09:43 AM
    I really don't have many apps on mine, but I haven't noticed it getting hangups at all. It's so much faster, I really like it better than my curve.
    06-15-09 09:43 AM
    I love this phone. The only thing I didn't like from the beginning was the lack of 2G/3G network selection on At&t branded Bolds.. But you have now two solutions to get past that.
    06-15-09 09:46 AM
    some things about it that don't like at all (namely the size, lack of app memory and horrible camera)
    I've wondered about the size of it, is it too big? Whats up with the camera? What is so bad about it?

2G/3G network selection
    What is the benefit of this?
    06-15-09 10:18 AM
    No autofocus on the camera...

06-15-09 10:39 AM
    No autofocus on the camera...

Isn't this something they could fix in the OS?
    06-15-09 10:43 AM
    I've wondered about the size of it, is it too big? Whats up with the camera? What is so bad about it?

What is the benefit of this?
    I never found the size to be an issue. I prefer it, it feels more substantial.

The benefit of 2G/3G selection is primarily the increase of battery life. 2G will usually drain your battery slower than 3G... especially in areas where 3G is spotty.
    06-15-09 10:43 AM
    I never found the size to be an issue. I prefer it, it feels more substantial.

The benefit of 2G/3G selection is primarily the increase of battery life. 2G will usually drain your battery slower than 3G... especially in areas where 3G is spotty.
    Oh good call...yeah where I am (majority of the time) I won't have 3G so that is the other thing that I am debating. Is it worth getting it if I won't have 3G where I am.
    06-15-09 11:03 AM
    Oh good call...yeah where I am (majority of the time) I won't have 3G so that is the other thing that I am debating. Is it worth getting it if I won't have 3G where I am.
    I would say if you are on the fence, no it is not. 3G in a weak or nonexistent 3G area is pretty bad on battery life.
    06-15-09 11:06 AM
    So get a rogers branded bold and be done with it. You might be able to get onee kinda cheap off of flea bay, or criagslist. Have it unlocked and you're good to go.

06-15-09 11:49 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD