my pandora app locks up all the damn time (in the middle of a song, when i hit the thumbs up button, when i hit next, etc.) and the only way i've found i can get it moving along is to start a song from my media player library.

i've also noticed that if i haven't shut pandora down, but paused a song, it will start randomly playing on its own.

what gives?
    06-14-09 11:44 PM
    Same problem here...I love Pandora but its frustrating as ****!! ANYONE?
    07-02-09 12:29 PM
    yeah I have this problem as well. It gets really annoying
    07-02-09 12:31 PM
    Only stops when I get a message..phone call or that sort of thing.
    07-02-09 12:33 PM
    Yeah I get the same problem. Its freezes up my whole phone sometimes, so I have no choice but to do a battery pull.
    07-02-09 12:39 PM
    Only stops when I get a message..phone call or that sort of thing.
    Same here. I don't have any issues with Pandora.
    07-02-09 03:13 PM
    I run into this when I'm listening to music for 4+ hours. It's annoying but it closes and reopens fairly quick so I've gotten used to doing that maybe once or twice throughout the day. Hopefully a future update will address this issue.
    07-02-09 07:00 PM
    I thought it was just the app. Interesting that some people aren't having problems. Hopefully someone figures it out it's annoying as @#!@
    07-03-09 03:20 AM
    same here, i press the play/ pause on the top of the blackberry twice and it starts again for a couple minutes,
    09-30-09 10:49 AM
    I had this same problem on .167 and emailed tech support about it. The guy told me to change all permissions to allow. Worked for me.

I haven't used Pandora enough on 5.0.230 yet though, hopefully I won't get this problem again.
    09-30-09 10:52 AM
    Pandora stops on .230

Set permissions to allow on .167

Works fine on .148
    09-30-09 11:13 AM
    same here, i press the play/ pause on the top of the blackberry twice and it starts again for a couple minutes,
    09-30-09 11:24 AM
    Pandora worked fine for me on .167. The only time it would stop would be if i was driving through a dead zone. Then i'd have to shut down pandora and restart it. Haven't even installed it on .230 though because it doesn't work for anyone.
    09-30-09 04:52 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing. This is what I found on the Pandora website:

free Pandora accounts will only play 40 hours of music for free per month, then the music will stop. Once that happens, you will have the option to pay 99 cents for unlimited listening hours for the rest of that month, or else to come back the following month for another free 40 hours.
    10-10-09 01:06 PM
    Mine does it but it only seems to do it on songs i really like, when it does i just hold my phone up in the are and let it get a clear signal again and it usually starts right back up
    10-10-09 01:27 PM
    This one is easy. Using your Blackberry, go onto the Internet, navigate to pandora.com, click to download, click yes when told that you already have Pandora and are asked if you want to over write it. Problem should be solved at least until next time something gets updated.
    10-31-09 10:50 PM
    If you are on OS 5.0 go to pandora.com and download the newest version of the app. App World has an outdated one. I did this yesterday and it fixed the same problem your describing.
    11-01-09 07:34 AM
    There is a lot of confusion about this family of bugs because it is a family.

Here's what I've noticed about my particular strain of the problem on my Bold 9000, 4.6.0.167 (4.0.0.217) on AT&T.

Both Pandora and Slacker do the same thing: periodically stop playing for 20 to 40 seconds and then restart. No message, no nothing, It's not about streaming because it happens the same for Slacker cached programs. Sometimes it happens every minute or so, sometimes it happens every hour or so. Media player never has the problem.

And one other thing that convinces me this is not a data streaming problem: I can always, 100% of the time, get the sound to resume immediately by clicking the trackball.

I look at event log immediately after the sound freezes (the act of looking causes it to un-freeze), and there is nothing consistent in the event log.

It's annoying as ****. I wish I could do something to help fix these apps or the OS. Is there anything I can look at that would give a clue? I have stripped the phone down to nothing but the OS and Pandora and it still does the same thing.

All permissions are set to "allow".

-Charlie
    Last edited by charliehcrackberry; 11-02-09 at 12:14 PM.
    11-02-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD