Let's hear it...
    06-13-09 11:46 PM
    Forgive me for my ignorance but it seems like podtrapper you can pull any podcast, while stitcher you have to use whatever they have as their service. Or can you add any podcast with stitcher?
    06-14-09 12:40 AM
    i can get CB's podcasts the only one i listen to lol on stitcher
    06-14-09 12:44 AM
    Yeah, you can email them links/details regarding specific content you'd like to see added to Stitcher's lineup (according to their FAQs) - not sure how effective or timely, that is...

Far as I can tell, PodTrapper actually DLs the content to your phone, so you can listen with/without service (like on an airplane), whereas Stitcher stores everything online and requires you to stream it when you're ready to listen (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...

That's 2 cons for Stitcher, right there...anyone have any insights as to Stitcher's usability?
    06-14-09 11:04 AM
    That's true mgm. Having the ability to download a bunch of podcasts to listen whenever you want is a huge bonus to me, which is why i have and love podtrapper. Plus it remembers where you left off in each podcast, even if you're in the middle of a bunch of them.
    06-14-09 11:34 AM
    Podtrapper no doubt. Streaming sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 07:26 PM
    Pod Trapper >>>>>>>>>>> Stitcher.

Pod Trapper is great, I'll be using it a TON.

06-15-09 02:21 PM
    I believe you're missing one important difference here that is a plus for stitcher, it's free. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    06-15-09 08:21 PM
    I've used both quite a bit now and Podtrapper rules for downloading specific podcasts and listening when you'd like. Stitcher rules for delivering variety. I love catching up on US and World news throughout the day and Stitcher makes it very easy to do that without needing to subscribe to 10 different podcasts, especially if I don't really care if I miss some episodes.

For my weekly podcasts (like This Week in Tech), I still use Podtrapper to make sure I catch every episode. So basically I use both apps for different purposes.
    06-15-09 10:02 PM
    I actually like Stitcher and think that it streams pretty well. However, regardless of how much free memory I have when I start Stitcher I'm down to below 3mb when I get done. Does anyone else recognize a huge memory leak when using Stitcher? It's so bad that I've deleted the app even though I really like it.
    06-19-09 08:40 PM
    Is there a detailed guide anywhere as to how to use stitcher?
    Their website has the three graphics - select the shows, stitch them together and then listen.
    But I how do you select the shows? When I select they just play.
    I can see the favourites but am not sure what to do with it.
    I thought I could listen to live (internet) radio with stitcher but this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to be a podcast player.
    But I already have, and like, podtrapper. Podtrappers easy and works.
    Think I will be deleting stitcher.
    I prefer Podtrapper
    07-05-09 02:07 PM
    Podtrapper was the best 10 bucks I have spent yet on an app. If you are a heavy podcast user like me I suggest you buy it. I wake up every day with all my podcasts downloaded and waiting for me in the am...

07-05-09 04:38 PM
    Podtrapper is also the only app I've found that automatically bookmarks MP3 audiobooks, which is what I mainly use it for.
    07-05-09 04:38 PM
    Where can I download Podtrapper?

08-06-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD