OUT NOW!

The backgrounds down show correctly, they appear much better on the phone.

Features of the basic monochrome include:

16 Applications from Home Screen
    2 Hidden Docks - 1 for user defined apps and another for "system" apps
    .151 OS Friendly
    WeatherBerry Slot
    Clean and Simple Interface
    It's Free!

Weatherberry slot is slot 1, the user defined apps on bottom dock use slots 2-6

OTA Link here below

OTA Link

I'm also thinking about making a premium version (which may or may not be free, not sure yet) but will include custom icons, and perhaps a new dock/menu interface.
    Last edited by ozikiwi; 07-09-09 at 12:51 PM.
    06-13-09 01:11 PM
    Slick!!
    06-13-09 01:13 PM
    Super nice. So hella nice themes has been coming out lately and this is one of them.

Only suggestions would be to remove the camera from predefined, because thats most people's right convience key. Its tough though because everyone uses their phone differently.

Make the battery meter solid instead of 5 bars. Purely cosmetic, but doesnt hurt the theme in anyway.

Some dude font should be the same as default font which looks like arial.

And a spot for weatherbug upper left. Some people use berryweather so if you could extend the text so it wont say partly cl.... that would be a plus.

And hopefully hidden today.
    06-13-09 01:48 PM
    Liking the look of this a lot. I like the simple themes... a facelift as you called it. Looking forward to this one.
    06-14-09 12:16 AM
    If you would skin the icons to make them chrome as well I think that would be awesome.
    06-14-09 12:58 AM
    looks real nice
    06-14-09 01:17 AM
    Thanks for the input so far folks.

Only suggestions would be to remove the camera from predefined, because thats most people's right convience key. Its tough though because everyone uses their phone differently.
    Regarding pre-defined icons on the side dock, nothing is set in stone yet. I can still make changes easily enough. My only problem is not really knowing what ppl would like there. If not camera, then what other option would ppl like to see there in its' place?

Also regarding the side bar, I wanted 7 or 8 icons but just doesn't work with the size of the activation boxes and the graphic for the bar, so we're stuck with 6.

Make the battery meter solid instead of 5 bars. Purely cosmetic, but doesnt hurt the theme in anyway.
    Like I said, this is pretty much my first theme, and admittedly I still have a lot to learn. Not quite sure how to make my own battery and signal meters yet, I've seen some threads and posts but will have to look into it a bit more.

Some dude font should be the same as default font which looks like arial.
    Yeah there's still some things I haven't changed yet. Actually more like things I've overlooked or forgotten about. Also you might notice the time in one of the shots needs to be adjusted. Little things like that are what I'm proofing atm as well.

And a spot for weatherbug upper left. Some people use berryweather so if you could extend the text so it wont say partly cl.... that would be a plus.
    I'm thinking atm that I'll bring this theme out as a "Basic" version first. I'm liking the facelift or cosmetic nature of this theme while keeping it relatively the same.

So regards WB and icons, I will probably bring them out once the basic version is out, so ppl have a choice which version they'd like to run. Its looking atm like a Basic version, an Icon update pack, a WB version (as basic and also with icon update pack) and I also have some alternatives to the menu system in mind. Something I was planning for my "other" first theme, the toxic beehive one.

Getting rid of the side dock, and the bottom dock would actually have "menu" buttons...so button one will bring out another "sub-dock" with contacts, messages, messenger, sms/mms and so on, the next will bring out a sub-dock with contacts, browser and yada yada, another will be for user defined icons.....

Anyways, these are some of the ideas I have for it atm. More input is most welcome.
    06-14-09 03:41 AM
    Can't wait any longer..This is the one that i am waiting for,specially if this one is FREE!
    06-14-09 08:32 AM
    I'd love for the dock icons to be customizable... i realize this is a first theme for you but just what I'd like.

Really liking the direction of this theme.... I'm not real big on OS version themes. I like the original ideas.... Great work so far!
    06-14-09 09:02 AM
    hidden today + wb and it would be amazing!
    06-14-09 10:24 AM
    I'd love for the dock icons to be customizable....
    Bottom dock is customizable....takes the first 5 icons from menu, the side dock will be pre-defined.

Will have hidden today, just haven't shown it yet. WB will probably come out as a separate version. Not everyone uses it or wants it.

Its looking like there'll be several versions available. Basic will come first, then with icon pack, WB with and without icon pack and so on.
    06-14-09 11:02 AM
    I agreeeeeee! Pls. OZIKIWI!
    06-14-09 11:52 AM
    WB baby! Awesome looking!
    06-14-09 12:41 PM
    Sweet looking theme...
    06-14-09 12:44 PM
    WOW I can't wait to get this one... Looks really nice
    06-14-09 01:00 PM
    Small Update

Ok the basic version is slowly nearing completion. Its a bit hard atm due to work commitments but its getting there.

Its still a few days (I think) away from being ready but I wanted to ask if anyone was willing to help beta test it for me and work out any kinks and provide some feedback please?

PM me please and I'll make a list of ppl to send the files to to test when its ready.

<edit> I should probably also mention that this is only for the "basic" version atm. Icons, new menu system, weatherberry slot and all the rest will come once the basic version is "kink-free".
    Last edited by ozikiwi; 06-15-09 at 05:44 AM.
    06-15-09 05:31 AM
    nice work, i'm wainting for ota ^^
    06-15-09 06:47 AM
    This theme is looking great...I look forward to trying a hidden today, WB version...
    06-15-09 10:52 AM
    Looking for one or two more ppl willing to beta test please. PM me for details.
    06-16-09 07:11 AM
    pm sent

10char
    06-16-09 07:21 AM
    pm sent

thanks!
    06-16-09 08:49 AM
    Just a small update.

Beta testing is still ongoing but getting there nicely. Hopefully a week or so away from release, work permitting.
    06-20-09 03:02 AM
    Just looking for a couple more beta testers if anyone could spare some time please. Couple of my guys are rather busy at the moment and I'd like to get some more feedback before putting the final version up for ota.

PM me with your email if you're interested and I'll send the files to you.
    06-22-09 03:10 PM
    Just sent a pm...would love to help wove the beta.
    06-22-09 03:33 PM
    This is a great looking theme.
    Looking forward to the release.
    06-22-09 03:46 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD