the problem with going to verizon is that true mac owners have the
    problem with syncing..you can try to tell me about pocket mac or
    missing sync but both are junk..if you are a true mac owner and want a
    smart phone the only choice that you really have is the iphone with
    AT&T.

those two programs that I mentioned above cause problems,only work
    sometimes,only work with certain programs.

its a nightmare for Mac owners with any other smartphone other than
    the iphone.

Blackberry owners have been complaining from the beginning that rim
    needs to develop a mac desktop program but it seems that rim wants
    nothing to do with it .

This surprises me because I honestly think that because of AT&T's poor
    business ethic with apple that many iphone owners would jump over to a
    blackberry.

Allan
    Iphone 3g
    06-13-09 10:09 AM
    Search my username and you will find a discussion on this with discussion of Funambol, Google Sync, and others. Look in the Mac section.

I am using Google Sync (Calendars and Contacts) with Spanning Sync Software, but one of the dialogues is about Funambol (www.funambol.org) which seems to offer a free, pretty nifty program - I have not used it yet, though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/bes...9/#post2797267
    06-13-09 10:34 AM
    I also use google calendar and contacts and haven't had and issues doing so. I like the fact that I can see my calendar full size on any computer too. So I wouldn't say it's a nightmare but you do need to adapt. The one thing I use my wife's windows laptop for is the backup program. Give me that alone and I would be very happy.
    06-13-09 10:45 AM
    true mac users .... ????
    06-13-09 11:19 AM
    true mac users .... ????
    yes people who will not use a windows product,i work at a apple store,,thats the term
    06-13-09 12:30 PM
    What ever dude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 04:16 PM
    give me a break ... i had an iphone and i think that it's a great phone for people who use it for the internet and fun, more like a gadget phone than a smartphone (no multitasking ... so what it has notifications, still rubbish) ... and it has no file manager...again rubbish ... and the sync methid? you need the cable and it takes a lot of time even to put a song on an iphone.
    06-17-09 02:09 PM
    yes people who will not use a windows product,i work at a apple store,,thats the term
    Your store is losing sales. The biggest selling app on Mac is MS Office...

-- Robert.
    06-17-09 06:21 PM
    Your store is losing sales. The biggest selling app on Mac is MS Office...

-- Robert.
    Now then that's not a Windows product, now is it.
    Last edited by Jim W; 06-18-09 at 08:00 AM.
    06-18-09 07:55 AM
    Well, since the first Apple computer I bought was a II in 1979, and I have owned about 25 Macs, as a "true Mac User" I have no problems getting contacts, calendar, iTunes and other music on to my 8330.

I gave my iPhone to my daughter when I ditched AT&T for Sprint and an 8330. I needed a device that would give me some feedback when typing. Not all of us are 25 and trying to impress everyone around us with the "coolest" thing out there.

I believe true Mac users are not the Kool-Aid drinkers. True Mac users are people who enjoy using an elegant computer they don't have to fight with every day. iPhone is an incredible device, but you would be surprised how many people "think different" when it comes to a phone, and use their free will to not use an iPhone.

You should take your sales opinion (and that's all it is - your opinion, just like mine is only mine) somewhere where it might do you some good.

The BEST mobile phone on earth is...

Whatever works best for the USER.

Some people just don't want an iPhone, or anything with an Apple logo on it. Just like others who would never buy Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, etc. Who really cares? It's a TOOL, not a way of life.
    Last edited by marcotor; 06-19-09 at 12:16 AM.
    06-19-09 12:14 AM
    I'm an Apple Certified Mac Technician and had never known there was a term to distinguish between people like me and people that are afraid of anything without an apple logo on it. I am the first to admit, RIM neglects us Mac folks and I think it's high time they did something about it. But in the meantime, I recommend drinking a *little* less Kool-Aid an using what works. The beauty of the Intel Mac is that there's nothing you can't run on them. My machines are all dual and triple-boot and I'd argue I'm just as "real" a Mac user as you are.

In fact, without Windows at all, I can sync both iCal and and the Mac Address Book.app with both GCal and my own webdav server, and GoogleSync gets it all to my phone and back. No BES and no Windows.

That being said, I can't do without the freedom to upgrade and tweak the OS on my phone, and all the free things available like CrackMem, CrackUtil, JL_Cmder, etc. are all the persuation I need to run Windows. The Mac makes running Windows so easy that it's worth it to have a little partition if for nothing more than your BlackBerry apps, but there are still a lot of other programs I use Windows for too.
    06-19-09 01:19 AM
    I've used apple computers exclusively for the last 18 years and I don't consider myself a "true Mac user." I consider myself a smart consumer by choosing what I feel are the best products on the market. Apple makes the best computers and RIM makes the best smartphones. They work together just fine for myself. I wouldn't go out and by an apple brand garage door opener just because it was an apple. Sure I would buy it if it was the best garage door opener ever made.

06-23-09 03:09 PM
    I have been using Mac Computers since 2004. My first Mac was an iBook G4. I currently own a MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ (Late September 2007), an iPhone 1G, an iPod Touch 2G, an iPod Classic 120 Gig, an Airport Router and a wireless Mighty Mouse. I plan on getting an iMac at the end of the year. I also got into BlackBerry in 2005. My first BlackBerry Device was the 7100i, I owned the 8703e, The 8100, 8320, 8330 and now I own The BlackBerry Storm 9530 and I plan on buying the 9630 Tour. My Point is Both Apple and RIM make great devices. I loved my first generation iPhone, it made me appreciate My BlackBerry Device. RIM has acknowledged that many of their users are Mac Users and not PC Users. I think in the next year, We will see a Desktop Manager for OSX, They simply can't ignore us anymore. They have BlackBerry Media Sync out right now.
    06-23-09 03:34 PM
    blackberry needs to come out with a new blackberry desk top manager compatible for both mng. !!!!!!
    07-01-09 06:16 PM
    I'm a new Blackberry user and I think it's so very not user friendly. I'm a mac user so everything that I do, I do it with ease. But this Blackberry is making me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love the phone itself, but if I want to use it to it's full extend it's a pain in the ***.. The applications are so very expensive, also that limited application memory, what the **** is that?!! I was hoping much more from a blackberry.. When I get a job I'll definitely go with an iphone even though I'm loving my BB.. I hope in the future they'll improve Blackberries and make it a better fit with Mac, but I don't have any hope.. Unfortunately..
    07-01-09 06:34 PM
    I've used apple computers exclusively for the last 18 years and I don't consider myself a "true Mac user." I consider myself a smart consumer by choosing what I feel are the best products on the market. Apple makes the best computers and RIM makes the best smartphones. They work together just fine for myself. I wouldn't go out and by an apple brand garage door opener just because it was an apple. Sure I would buy it if it was the best garage door opener ever made.

Amen! My brother!
    07-02-09 06:37 PM
    Well, since the first Apple computer I bought was a II in 1979, and I have owned about 25 Macs, as a "true Mac User" I have no problems getting contacts, calendar, iTunes and other music on to my 8330.

I gave my iPhone to my daughter when I ditched AT&T for Sprint and an 8330. I needed a device that would give me some feedback when typing. Not all of us are 25 and trying to impress everyone around us with the "coolest" thing out there.

I believe true Mac users are not the Kool-Aid drinkers. True Mac users are people who enjoy using an elegant computer they don't have to fight with every day. iPhone is an incredible device, but you would be surprised how many people "think different" when it comes to a phone, and use their free will to not use an iPhone.

You should take your sales opinion (and that's all it is - your opinion, just like mine is only mine) somewhere where it might do you some good.

The BEST mobile phone on earth is...

Whatever works best for the USER.

Some people just don't want an iPhone, or anything with an Apple logo on it. Just like others who would never buy Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, etc. Who really cares? It's a TOOL, not a way of life.
    Very well said!

I'm an Apple Certified Mac Technician and had never known there was a term to distinguish between people like me and people that are afraid of anything without an apple logo on it. I am the first to admit, RIM neglects us Mac folks and I think it's high time they did something about it. But in the meantime, I recommend drinking a *little* less Kool-Aid an using what works. The beauty of the Intel Mac is that there's nothing you can't run on them. My machines are all dual and triple-boot and I'd argue I'm just as "real" a Mac user as you are.

In fact, without Windows at all, I can sync both iCal and and the Mac Address Book.app with both GCal and my own webdav server, and GoogleSync gets it all to my phone and back. No BES and no Windows.

That being said, I can't do without the freedom to upgrade and tweak the OS on my phone, and all the free things available like CrackMem, CrackUtil, JL_Cmder, etc. are all the persuation I need to run Windows. The Mac makes running Windows so easy that it's worth it to have a little partition if for nothing more than your BlackBerry apps, but there are still a lot of other programs I use Windows for too.
    I agree 100%. RIM definitely needs to show some love the mac community. Even then I would still run Windows on my mac so I can have access to the CrackMem, CrackUtil, JL_Cmder and other utilities that allow me to customize and tweak my BB.

I'm a new Blackberry user and I think it's so very not user friendly. I'm a mac user so everything that I do, I do it with ease. But this Blackberry is making me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love the phone itself, but if I want to use it to it's full extend it's a pain in the ***.. The applications are so very expensive, also that limited application memory, what the **** is that?!! I was hoping much more from a blackberry.. When I get a job I'll definitely go with an iphone even though I'm loving my BB.. I hope in the future they'll improve Blackberries and make it a better fit with Mac, but I don't have any hope.. Unfortunately..
    Most of the applications on CrackBerry are reasonably priced and you can always get an memory card to store your photos, music and even run some apps if you need more memory.

I don't think it's reasonable to purchase a BlackBerry and expect to have an Apple experience IMHO.
    07-04-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD