Is Poynt worth the download? I've read a few reviews on it, and it seems to be a good app. I was confused by the review found here tho (EverythingBerry.NET Forums), like the fourth post down. What did it mean about the program being integrated with the phone's native apps?
    06-12-09 05:44 PM
    Point is a good app. Movies, businesses, white pages. I use it alot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 05:50 PM
    I use it a lot too. Bring intergrated is that it will work with the phones GPS and maps to give the directions and locations you may be looking for. With mine if I search (lets say a resturant) it will find the address and then when I ask it to map it it will use my BBMaps to tell me how to get there from where I am.

It's great and has saved me some searching and time when going out and from one place to another.
    06-12-09 05:55 PM
    Download----use----love!!!!!
    06-12-09 05:57 PM
    IMHO, it's ok. I'm not sure it is any better than Where, or Google Maps search, but I haven't used any of them enough to say one is WAY better than another.
    06-12-09 06:01 PM
    Poynt is without a doubt, a definite MUST HAVE!!
    06-12-09 06:02 PM
    I talk poynt up so much i should work for them!!! I find a use for this app multiple times a day.
    06-12-09 06:04 PM
    Poynt is awesome. It also has address book and appointment (calendar) integration. Look up a movie, decide which show and save to your calendar. Or in the white pages look someone up then add to your address book.

You can also start in BB Maps, locate yourself and then Poynt from there.

Also, I don't know if this feature is new, but for those of us without true working GPS (thanks Verizon), they have Cell Tower/GPS as one category and I was told today (via e-mail from Poynt) that if my phone is using a tower that their service works with, it can locate me via cell tower. I've gotten a "lock in" from home and in town. Haven't tried in a lot of places, but I've never noticed it working before (well, it worked once but then wouldn't work again). It's still spotty, but nice little bonus for those of us that know going into it that we have to type in addresses/locations.

Gee, I think I should be working for them, too!
    06-12-09 06:28 PM
    The only thing that turned me off of Poynt was the fact that to get movie tickets through it, your theater has to utilize Movietickets.com as their online ticketing partner. Alas, none in my area do. :|
    06-12-09 06:34 PM
    As everybody else is claiming, Poynt is a great application. It's really a must-have app!
    06-12-09 06:35 PM
    I thought I was the only one who LOVED this app. Guess I'm not alone!

I really like being able to do a business search, click the menu and have the option to
    1. Call
    2. Save to Contacts
    3. Map

all right there! It's easy enough to use while stopped at a red light while driving. (Do not BB and drive!)

I'm going to have to check out the map first feature (although I usually use Google Maps). Thanks for the tip, French!
    06-12-09 06:41 PM

I'm going to have to check out the map first feature (although I usually use Google Maps). Thanks for the tip, French!
    I think you choose which mapping program you prefer in Poynt, and if you choose Google Maps I'm thinking that "find yourself" feature would work in Google Maps like it does in BB Maps.

ETA: I just checked and Google Maps does not have the "Poynt from here" option in the menu, even if it is selected as your map of preference within the Poynt application. But it works great with BB Maps.
    Last edited by French; 06-12-09 at 07:57 PM.
    06-12-09 07:54 PM
    Poynt is definitely worth the download. Movies search, white and yellow pages, reverse look up( by phone number or address). Where is a great app also and worth down loading. I use both almost daily.
    06-12-09 08:50 PM
    Poynt is one of my favorite apps.
    06-12-09 09:59 PM
    I love Poynt. I use it a lot!

I used to 411 a lot for business numbers but that would rack up my bill. For Poynt, I can do that ANYWHERE for free and very quickly too. Plus, I get maps.
    06-12-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD