Hey guys, I'm thinking of Switching to Sprint due to the dramatic difference in price from Verizon. I'm just wondering how you guys like it. I heard that CS there is bad. Is that true? How's reception in NC? Also, is Sprint TV available in NC? Thanks for your help!

P.S. We will most likely get a family plan with 2 Blackberries and a Palm Pre for me.
    06-12-09 04:27 PM
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of Switching to Sprint due to the dramatic difference in price from Verizon. I'm just wondering how you guys like it. I heard that CS there is bad. Is that true? How's reception in NC? Also, is Sprint TV available in NC? Thanks for your help!

P.S. We will most likely get a family plan with 2 Blackberries and a Palm Pre for me.
    CS has improved, a new management has taken over since Dec 07 and improving CS was one of his priority goals. Ive been with Sprint for a year, and my service has been stellar. If somebody tells you that Sprint CS sucks then they are basing their fact on old information or word on the street. As for reception in NC, check the coverage page on Sprint and type in your address, it will give a local coverage map. Sprint TV should be available in most markets where there is EVDO coverage.

Before you check the regular website. Look up the Everything Plus Plan by Sprint, its cheaper than than the regular plans that sprint offers. Almost the same as the regular plans but like 10 bucks less and a little more minutes.

To ultimately evaluate ur service, test drive it for 30 days and decide from there if Sprint earns your business or not. Enjoy!
    06-12-09 04:32 PM
    I am going to be completely honest. As for as the bang for your buck (price vs. minutes and data), you really can't beat Sprint. I have been with them since 1997. With customer service, yeah it's bad, but haas been getting better. This process will not happen overnight or even in a year. I you have to contact customer service for any reason, I recommend only dealing with Account Services and/or Ecare. If you manag to obtain premier status (which, in part, is determined by your monthly billing), you will enjoy new customer pricing on a device every 12mths instead of waiting until the standard 22mths is up. This is only for one line, not all 3. Other than that, send in your mail in rebates via certified mail, keep an eye on your first two or three bills, and you should be good to go. Sprint is not for the faint of heart, so you have been forewarned. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    06-12-09 04:35 PM
    Ive been with Sprint for a year, and my service has been stellar. If somebody tells you that Sprint CS sucks then they are basing their fact on old information or word on the street.
    +1..... I've been with them for about 1 year and CS has been awesome. Last night was the first time ever that I had to wait on hold for technical support, and I was on the phone with the rep for about an hour trying to figure out what is wrong with my signal....
    06-12-09 04:36 PM
    I would definately go with Sprint. The only thing to be careful of, is they do not repair Blackberries at Sprint stores. Not sure if other carriers do or not. But anyways, the price is unbeatable for sure. I think I have far improved reception over VZW since I switched, though I am on the opposite side of the country from you.
    06-12-09 05:02 PM
    price is good service is good check the coverage map!. cs is decent better then ebfore i can tell u that! here in chicago
    06-12-09 05:40 PM
    CS has improved, a new management has taken over since Dec 07 and improving CS was one of his priority goals. Ive been with Sprint for a year, and my service has been stellar. If somebody tells you that Sprint CS sucks then they are basing their fact on old information or word on the street. As for reception in NC, check the coverage page on Sprint and type in your address, it will give a local coverage map. Sprint TV should be available in most markets where there is EVDO coverage.

Before you check the regular website. Look up the Everything Plus Plan by Sprint, its cheaper than than the regular plans that sprint offers. Almost the same as the regular plans but like 10 bucks less and a little more minutes.

To ultimately evaluate ur service, test drive it for 30 days and decide from there if Sprint earns your business or not. Enjoy!
    Thank you so much for that plan info. I had no idea it existed. So, Sprint has a 30 day test trial correct? I think I may be going to the Now Network! Also, it say the Palm Pre isn't available on that plan. Do you guys have any idea when it will be? I really want that phone but I could take a BB. If I go to a store that has a Pre, will they activate it anyway?
    06-12-09 06:48 PM
    You'll be back!
    06-12-09 06:50 PM
    You'll be back!
    Any reason why?
    06-12-09 06:51 PM
    ^^^^^ Just the words of a Verizon Fanboy....Many ppl have come from Verizon and for the most part are in shocked that Sprint is Toe2toe with verizon and exceeds it in some places, while saving tons of $$$$ and having uncrippled devices.
    06-12-09 07:02 PM
    I have 5 lines 3 blackberries and 2 samsung rants. also , I have the 129 data plan with insurance in all the lines and I pay 189 dollars after 25 percent discount. And I get perfect signal everywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 07:25 PM
    ^^^^^ Just the words of a Verizon Fanboy....Many ppl have come from Verizon and for the most part are in shocked that Sprint is Toe2toe with verizon and exceeds it in some places, while saving tons of $$$$ and having uncrippled devices.
    why do u wanna start this again?...
    06-12-09 07:28 PM
    Seriously? I'm a former Sprint customer, and "toe to toe"? Maybe downtown in a major city, but nationwide Sprint is pure ****!!
    06-12-09 07:29 PM
    You'll be back!
    no he wont when he is saving 60 bucks a month for a identical plan with similar coverage.
    06-12-09 07:55 PM
    Seriously? I'm a former Sprint customer, and "toe to toe"? Maybe downtown in a major city, but nationwide Sprint is pure ****!!
    troll be gone we dont need another v fanboy starting mess here.. man just stay on ur forum seriously this is gettin old
    06-12-09 08:15 PM
    troll be gone we dont need another v fanboy starting mess here.. man just stay on ur forum seriously this is gettin old
    There is a reason why Sprint is rated the way they are. People surveyed aren't making this up. For the record:

Sprint (S) Still Near Top Of MSN “Worst Customer Service” List – 24/7 Wall Street
    06-12-09 08:19 PM
    OP, weve provided you information on a NON-BIASED way.

People here have posted that they have had great experience

a negative experience by 1 user, does not reflect the whole sprint userbase a whole

30 days is your trial

The Palm pre can be activated on the Everything Plus Plan its just the Pre isnt available online yet,but YES it is possible. The everything plus plan is a discounted simply everything plan for anyone who knows Sprint employee credential. Russ Mcguire the VP of Sprint posted his CID and email online for everyone to get a discounted plan that friends of employees enjoy

It doesnt hurt to do the 30 day trial. Posters here in the Sprint forum have had great experiences, and are welcoming you to be part of the Sprint family.
    06-12-09 09:07 PM
    Thank you so much for that plan info. I had no idea it existed. So, Sprint has a 30 day test trial correct? I think I may be going to the Now Network! Also, it say the Palm Pre isn't available on that plan. Do you guys have any idea when it will be? I really want that phone but I could take a BB. If I go to a store that has a Pre, will they activate it anyway?
    Yes, sprint has a 30 day trial

Palm Pre isnt available online yet, the everything plus plan cant be obtained in corp stores/dealers. its an online thing only.

As for the when the Palm Pre would be online, not sure yet, just tune in.

$60 for 500 anytime,unlimited data,text, blackberry internet service, GPS, TV

Oh, did i tell you, YOU CAN ROAM ON VERIZON FOR FREE?, and not just Verizon, but also Alltel(which is now part of verizon), US cellular, and other many other cdma networks combined. Need i say more?

I guess thats not a hard decision to make anymore
    06-12-09 09:12 PM
    There is a reason why Sprint is rated the way they are. People surveyed aren't making this up. For the record:

Sprint (S) Still Near Top Of MSN “Worst Customer Service” List – 24/7 Wall Street
    MSN survey lmao
    You want to believe anything that puts negative light on Sprint ...Its good to know troll fanboys like yourself are running out of authentic Sprint sucs material.
    Anyway lets take a lookse at what Verizon customers say.

Home Page
    Hate Verizon? Help Stop VerizaRape!

Very unhappy Verizon customers
    Hate Verizon? Help Stop VerizaRape! - New Submissions

Bottom line,
    Verizon customer service and network service<(3 network outages this year) is going down hill yet their prices keep going up .Your in for a big surprise when year end ratings by reputable sources hit.

Feel free to book mark this post
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-12-09 at 10:14 PM.
    06-12-09 09:29 PM
    Just can't figure out why you verizon kids want to pay so much for your service... Sprint gives you more features, for less money, on average, probably $50/mo less at least. So you really wanted a Storm, swithced to verizon, now you want to justify yourself. Its okay, you are paying too much for too little, its your money, not mine, I really don't give a sh*t, go verizon

06-13-09 12:50 AM

Sprint (S) Still Near Top Of MSN �Worst Customer Service� List � 24/7 Wall Street
    msn honestly? really? seriously?.... umm there is a reason why i dont pay attention to this stuff when i am the experience and so is everyone else on sprint .. thats why when someone asked how is sprint is because im currently experiencing sprint are u?. no .. this is how you guys sound "i had umm sprint 10 yrs ago and ummm it sucks.. even though its impossible for a company to change within 1 yr so 10 yrs later it still sucks..."
    06-13-09 09:24 AM
    To the OP, I live in the Triad area of NC. I have great service everywhere I go, I was having problems in my apt., but Sprint gave me an Airave at no charge and waived the monthly fees, so now reception is always 5 bars. As far as the CS goes, I haven't had to use them much myself and I've been with Sprint over 9 years. When I do have to use them, I've always had my issues resolved.But CS can be hit or miss with any carrier. And yes Sprint TV is available in NC. I hope this helps, feel free to pm me if you have anymore questions.

06-13-09 10:20 AM
    To the OP, I live in the Triad area of NC. I have great service everywhere I go, I was having problems in my apt., but Sprint gave me an Airave at no charge and waived the monthly fees, so now reception is always 5 bars. As far as the CS goes, I haven't had to use them much myself and I've been with Sprint over 9 years. When I do have to use them, I've always had my issues resolved.But CS can be hit or miss with any carrier. And yes Sprint TV is available in NC. I hope this helps, feel free to pm me if you have anymore questions.

This is very good to know as I am one step closer to switching to Sprint! I know this may be a noob question but what is an airave?
    06-13-09 11:37 AM
    Forget the Airave thing, I found it on Sprint's website. That's cool that they would give it to you for free. The only thing I am worried about is minutes because so many people I know are on Verizon. I guess I should try Sprint for 30 days and see if I like it.
    06-13-09 11:41 AM
    to let you know they dont give it out free to anyone but if you call and hit the right buttons they do but doesnt mean take advantage unless you cant get a signal in your house. well the simply everything plan with unlimited text data and voice isnt bad??
    06-13-09 11:51 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD