please? i think i want an android phone, i mean we all know ill be back...but im like a crack head with phones...
    06-11-09 05:49 PM
    The problem is on the way back you'll have to throw in some cash!
    06-11-09 05:55 PM
    Don't do it not for a G1..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 06:00 PM
    this thread is weird. lol

u came to a thread asking if someone has a G1 to trade u..??
    06-11-09 06:08 PM
    the only thing im really going to miss is the battery life.....ive been playing on the g1 for awhile and i already use google for my contacts, email everything...
    06-11-09 06:08 PM
    G1 has far superior iPhone emulation.

06-11-09 06:19 PM
    My friend's husband might trade u. He knows the 8900 kicks booty!

Last edited by flybabyroxy; 06-11-09 at 07:22 PM.
    06-11-09 06:51 PM
    Retitled thread to avoid conflict with selling / trading rules.

And... keep the discussion out of the gutter please.
    06-11-09 07:10 PM
    The keypad and that bulky thing on the bottom ruined it for me.
    06-11-09 07:19 PM
    Yea Waldog keep the convo outta the gutter please

06-11-09 07:23 PM
    @ the OP: Your device info/carrier shows you have Verizon. I get the feeling
    you just haven't updated it as I'm assuming you have GSM. T-Mobile perhaps.

I just commented in a thread earlier in the Bold forum to someone who wants
    to trade his Bold for he doesn't know what. My comment was basically that if
    you use GSM and are a phone degenerate like most of us on here are, then
    you're better off finding these different phones for cheap if you could afford it
    to satisfy your phone appetite. This way you could just switch SIM cards
    whenever you feel like using a different phone. We're not limited to doing this
    like CDMA users are.

I primarily used a Bold and had an urge for an 8900 so I waited and waited
    and got myself one but didn't get rid of my Bold for it. So now I can just
    switch SIM cards and make a quick PIN switch on BIS and I'm all set. Beauty
    of GSM.
    06-11-09 07:31 PM
    forever29 you are mostly true he can switch his sim at any point but the G1 requires a G1 data plan to work correctly (much like blackberries) if it was any other phone he would be fine. The G1 data plan is the same price as the blackberry for T-mobile customers but its just a pita to call customer care and have them switch you every time you want to switch phones.
    06-11-09 07:38 PM
    forever29 you are mostly true he can switch his sim at any point but the G1 requires a G1 data plan to work correctly (much like blackberries) if it was any other phone he would be fine. The G1 data plan is the same price as the blackberry for T-mobile customers but its just a pita to call customer care and have them switch you every time you want to switch phones.
    Well the same goes for the iPhone. People switch left and right between an
    iPhone and Blackberry. I haven't had much experience with a G1 except for
    once when a friend of mine had one. I was on it for a few minutes and wasn't
    that impressed. What would he be missing if he put a Blackberry data SIM in a
    G1 phone?
    06-11-09 07:41 PM
    He would only get sms and phone calls, no internet, email or the android market
    06-11-09 08:54 PM
    which one is the android? the google phone? don't do it....lol
    06-11-09 10:00 PM
    I think you'll regret it if you trae it out. Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that the G1 is so buggy!! I went thru 3 of them in like 2 months. I will say they are fun toys for sure, but I would say it s not nearly reliable enough to use as one's primary or only line.

06-11-09 10:46 PM
    My advice is not to do it! at least wait for a better android phone to come out!
    I just sold my G1 to buy my 8900, and i have way less problems and love my 8900 the best phone i've had ever..so far...its only been a week though. but the G1 to me has too many problems that need to be fixed. well these were the problems i encountered and did everything (battery pulls, hard reset, soft reset, turning phone on and off everyday, calling c.c. etc...)

-people telling me they called numerous times and never got a call. when my service is good.
    -battery life
    -freezes too much (force closing)
    -when i'm using an application then want to goto my desktop i hit the home screen button and icons take forever to show up.
    -problems with outgoing texts
    -turns off and restarts by itself
    -alot of dropped calls

i can go on, but hey try it out maybe you'll like it, but i can pretty much guarantee you'll be back on the bb in no time.
    both phones like all, have pros and cons i guess its just what your looking for in a phone.

i've had my G1 since it came out, and i still think android is a great idea, but the G1 isn't ready. maybe G2 will hopefully handle it better.
    06-12-09 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD