Is Mobihand customer service generally unresponsive? Sorry for the long post... I purchased SmrtGuard last week and it would never work properly for me. I have another post that discusses that. After contacting SmrtGuard and them not having a resolution, I contacted Mobihand last Friday requesting a refund via their website. I recieved an automated reply shortly after and an actual email on Sunday to me and SmrtGuard asking them for a resolution and if not or they didn't respond within 48 hours they would issue me a refund. Although I would have preferred a refund at that point I was willing to wait for another 48 hours for any possible resolution. On Tuesday (48 hours) no response from SmrtGuard had been received, so I emailed mobihand again asking them to complete my refund as promised since there had been no response from SmrtGuard. Their automated reply indicates it may take up to one business day for a repsonse. So I waited... 24 hours later (Wednesday) nothing.. so I emailed again asking them to confirm my refund had been processed... 24hours later... still nothing.... I've sent emails directly to customer service as well as via their website. At this point I don't know what to do other that go to my credit card company and request a chargeback. Does anyone here have any other contacts at mobihand? Are they generally this unresponsive or only with refunds? I've already checked spam filters as well as verifying nothing credited back yet. How do I get them to respond or is my only option a chargeback? This is really poor (non-existant) customer service IMO. Thanks for any ideas/advice.
    Last edited by MMBB8830; 06-11-09 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Updated Title.
    06-11-09 02:30 PM
    I agree. I emailed them months ago about an app. Still waiting...
    06-11-09 02:33 PM
    I've requested a chargeback through my credit card company. They requested copies of my emails which I forwarded which clearly show my good faith effort to resolve my request for a refund.
    06-11-09 06:14 PM
    In fairness to Mobihand and this thread not being one sided, I finally received an email from Mobihand customer support apologizing and indicating they were very backed up... but that they had credited my card back. This of course after I'd already requested my credit card company to do a chargeback about two hours earlier. I did tell them in a final email earlier today that I was going to do a chargeback if I didn't hear from them by a particular time, which I kept my word on. I guess they'll work it out. Thanks to everyone... err I mean the one person that replied...
    06-11-09 07:06 PM
    Sorry again for the inconvenience. And thanks for the "In fairness" post. Yes, for the past couple days MobiHand support staff has been behind schedule, and we're working to resolve this by increasing support staffing, among other things.

In general, when we get a support issue for which the developer may have a solution, we contact the developer, because getting the product to work is the best outcome for everyone. When this is necessary, we try to limit the round-trip to the developer to 48 hours. In the unusual cases where we don't get a developer response in that timeframe, we provide a refund to the customer.
    06-11-09 08:23 PM
    I have been having device id change problems with them for the last 2 weeks. They offer terrible support. They accused me of fraud and requested pictures of my receipt and phone. I gave them what they requested only to be told that receipt had another persons name on it. The phone wasn't purchased under my name/account. But I have the original receipt and the phone in my possession to prove the phone is mine. My credit card # is even on the receipt. It was bought under another account and they girl said I can use her upgrade if I buy the phone (she uses a iphone and didn't want the 9700). So I figured why not? I was getting a great deal.

I also tried to obtain a theme from them yesterday after winning it in a contest, they fail to respond to my emails or give me my theme.

I have reported them to the BBB (better business bureau) and hopefully that will help others in the future have a better experience than what I am having. and solve my issues with mobihand.

I have never had problems with them in the past. They always gave me my ota links asap. Now they treat me like I'm a criminal out to steal $15 worth of apps.
    03-03-10 01:57 PM
    I have been having device id change problems with them for the last 2 weeks. They offer terrible support. They accused me of fraud and requested pictures of my receipt and phone. I gave them what they requested only to be told that receipt had another persons name on it. The phone wasn't purchased under my name/account. But I have the original receipt and the phone in my possession to prove the phone is mine. My credit card # is even on the receipt. It was bought under another account and they girl said I can use her upgrade if I buy the phone (she uses a iphone and didn't want the 9700). So I figured why not? I was getting a great deal.

I also tried to obtain a theme from them yesterday after winning it in a contest, they fail to respond to my emails or give me my theme.

I have reported them to the BBB (better business bureau) and hopefully that will help others in the future have a better experience than what I am having. and solve my issues with mobihand.

I have never had problems with them in the past. They always gave me my ota links asap. Now they treat me like I'm a criminal out to steal $15 worth of apps.
    This is the funniest thing I have read all day. My guess dude - you did something stupid and got caught. You got a phone from someone else, on someone else's account, (who now uses an iPhone, yet still has their old account open ????) and you WONDER why they don't believe you?????? Shoot, I DON'T BELIEVE you, and I'm just a forum member HA HA HA HA HA

Oh, and PS - the BBB has NO call in this. Threating people is NOT the way to get what you want. Try being honest. It's people like you that make this world suck
    03-03-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD