How do you know if your bb has a bad pin?
    Just got one on ebay, and was wondering how you would know if it has a bad pin.

Thx

PS - quick wifi question, does bbm work with wifi?
    06-10-09 03:49 PM
    Call your carrier and ask them if the pin is blacklisted or just slap your sim card in it and log into your bis page. Update your imei and pin. It will tell you if its registered to another account.
    BBM does work on wifi but you have to have atleast the mail and minutes bis plan.
    06-10-09 03:56 PM
    I think you mean a bad esn.
    You call up the provider and ask if the esn is clean after you read it off to them.

I do not believe bbm works off wifi. Only bis and bes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 03:56 PM
    thx
    bleh to the bbm thing lol
    06-10-09 04:01 PM
    You will also find that yahoo aim msn and others wont work unless you have a data plan either. If you have a data plan and use wifi as a connection they will work but you have to have the proper service books that the data plan gives you.
    06-10-09 04:03 PM
    I think you mean a bad esn.
    You call up the provider and ask if the esn is clean after you read it off to them.

I do not believe bbm works off wifi. Only bis and bes

No he's right about a bad pin. A bad ESN is for cdma phones and a bad pin can result to not being to able to use all the phones futures such as bbm, browser, BIS etc..

06-10-09 07:57 PM
    I acme to the experts place and I need the Adivce BADLY.

I have bought a 8700 refurbishded from an Electric outlet (factorydirect) for my uncle to use oversears.

Off course, I bought it unlocked.

I was trying to test it, so I have put my SIM (I have BB data plan)...The WEB CLIENT on the phone asked me to change devices..I agreed...service books were sent and emails confiming registration.....I tried to go to the Rogers BIS website to update my device PIN/IMEI...it has told me that it is registered to another carrier...I recieved some emails on the 8700 fine...tried to send one to myself assuming it will come back to the device...didn't happen...

I swaped back the sim card and changed the PIN/IMEI to my original one...

Now...I went to a random carrier trying to register the 8700 PIN/IMEI...I got the "registered with another carrier"...

WHAT TO DO now?....did I do a mistake...what shoudl I do to free the pin?....

thanks
    06-23-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD