I cannot use the radar function on WeatherBug because it says I need Blackberry Maps. So, I went to BB site and tried to download the BB Maps. Here is the problem, after hitting download, I get the following message...

Notice

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requiremnets that are needed to support Blackberry Maps.

I am currently am running v4.6.167 (Platform 4.0.0.217). The requirements says available on devices running device software v4.1 or v4.2.x

So, what's the deal? Why can't I get BB Maps?

Interested to also hear what other folks w/ WeatherBug do to get the radar portion to work, if they don't have Maps too.
    06-10-09 12:42 PM
    In a nutshell, you have to (re)install .167 on your computer -- then you can load BB Maps onto your Bold with Desktop Manager. There is a thread with more accurate instructions but I couldn't point you to it without searching for it myself (hint, hint).

I'm not sure if your being on T-Mobile has any effect on all of this, though -- this works on AT&T, which has crippled direct access to BB Maps on the phone, but you can still get to it with WeatherBug and other apps.

Radar works fine for me using WeatherBug with BB Maps installed. If you don't have it, it won't work. My only gripe about the radar is that it's static, not animated.
    06-10-09 12:51 PM
    In a nutshell, you have to (re)install .167 on your computer -- then you can load BB Maps onto your Bold with Desktop Manager. There is a thread with more accurate instructions but I couldn't point you to it without searching for it myself (hint, hint).

I'm not sure if your being on T-Mobile has any effect on all of this, though -- this works on AT&T, which has crippled direct access to BB Maps on the phone, but you can still get to it with WeatherBug and other apps.

Radar works fine for me using WeatherBug with BB Maps installed. If you don't have it, it won't work. My only gripe about the radar is that it's static, not animated.
    My bad, I should have searched. I didn't see it on the page and was trying to get a quick resolution.
    06-10-09 01:05 PM
    I guess the better question is how can a bold user on t-mobile download BB Maps?

Seems ATT has got the lock down on it's users, but t-mobile users should have the ability...no?
    06-10-09 01:15 PM
    Yeah, shouldn't be an issue on TMo.
    06-10-09 01:19 PM
    I guess the better question is how can a bold user on t-mobile download BB Maps?

Seems ATT has got the lock down on it's users, but t-mobile users should have the ability...no?

yes yes how?
    06-10-09 01:20 PM
    Yeah, shouldn't be an issue on TMo.
    I tried downloading it from Blackberry itself and got the message listed in my thread topic.
    06-10-09 01:22 PM
    Try loading using the DM.
    06-10-09 01:27 PM
    I tried downloading it from Blackberry itself and got the message listed in my thread topic.
    Check quote below. Only way you'll be able to get it.

Try loading using the DM.
    06-10-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD