Well, I did a search here and also across the vast web and couldn't find anything to help, so here goes...

Ever since day one, regardless of what OS version I've run, my Storm's clock has always run fast. The thing is, I have it set to "Network" time and have always had it set that way. Still, the clock gains time. In fact, when I go to options -> date/time, it will actually show the network time, which will often be several minutes different. I can always get my BB back to the Network time simply by changing the time sync setting to either "Blackberry" or "None", saving the change, then changing it back to "Network". When I do that, it resyncs to the Network time and all is well, until a few weeks pass and it gains a noticeable amount of time once again.

What's more, my wife's Storm does the exact same thing. In fact, her's is usually worse off-time than mine because I don't reset the time on it has often as I do my own. I don't understand how my phone's clock is able to run fast when I have it set to be the same as the Network time. it makes now sense.

Given that my wife's Storm does the same thing, it would seem to be a systemic problem and not just an issue with my phone. I can't seem to find where anyone else has mentioned this. Perhaps everyone else either doesn't care or they just accept it and move on, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

HELP!

-SR-
    06-10-09 10:30 AM
    Mine is usually 2 mins fast, dunno why and haven't been able to fix it. 2 mins off isn't a big deal to me anyway, but a fix would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 10:35 AM
    Maybe all your other clocks are slow.

06-10-09 12:28 PM
    My clock runs fast also. Hopefully it will get fixed one day.
    06-10-09 12:28 PM
    Mine has always been exactly on time (over all OS's). I can see where memory results are different (with the different apps we all have), but it would seem like with all of us using the same native clock, that would be constant. I do have my Date/Time Source set to BlackBerry, thought the Network time and my Clock time match up. I'm not on the PC that I sync my BB with, but I though I remembered something about syncing the clock with the PC. I do know that both the PC and the BB also have matching times.

Grey
    06-10-09 12:54 PM
    Go to clock and option. Set time and change it to network.
    This will keep it to the coRrect time
    p

06-10-09 01:03 PM
    Go to clock and option. Set time and change it to network.
    This will keep it to the coRrect time
    p

As I stated in my OP, it is already set to "Network Time", so your solution wouldn't help.

Incidentally, I decided to leave it set on "Blackberry" time for now and see what happens. So far, it hasn't gained any minutes. I'll have to leave it that way for a while to see if it sticks.

-SR-
    06-16-09 12:19 PM
    I always sync mine with network time manually, then set the time to "network". Then when I go back to the settings after a while I notice the time is a few minutes ahead of the listed network time. This has always annoyed me, I'll try setting it to manual instead.

06-16-09 01:08 PM
    Set the time source to BB. Network time has always been exactly one minute ahead on mine. BB time is exact, matches my puter and all my gps devices, be it car, handheld or boat GPS so I know it's right on.
    06-16-09 02:34 PM
    That is really weird. I checked mine because I knew it was set on network and sure enough...My BB is 5 minutes fast!
    06-16-09 03:09 PM
    Yeah mine is always a coupla minutes fast too.
    You would think in this age where our computers sync their time from atomic clocks posted on the web, that we could get our Storms (which are small computers, after all) to do the same.
    I'll try that BB time and see if it does better on that.
    Sorry legolus, the network setting does NOT keep accurate time.
    06-16-09 03:29 PM
    Maybe the Network is running slow....
    06-16-09 03:39 PM
    mine is right on. if it is connecting to network properly, it should be correct. i know when i go to sync it there is an option to click for update my device time/date, and if you do that, and your computer time is off it can change it. try that.
    06-16-09 03:43 PM
    Mine also runs about two minutes fast. I will adjust it and it will eventually get off again. So far it is holding after two days and is set on Network.
    06-16-09 03:54 PM
    Mine was a minute or so slow before I figured out the network time option. Since then its been fine and when bored I randomly sync the time just to make sure so it doesn't slip too bad.
    06-16-09 03:57 PM
    Do you guys have your blackberries set to update time when you sync it with the computer? Could be a solution...or the problem.
    06-16-09 04:25 PM
    IF it is network determined then it can't be off.
    06-16-09 05:25 PM
    Both my computer and phone are network determined, and my Storm is roughly 30 seconds faster than my computer.
    06-16-09 05:43 PM
    Mine did the same thing, to fix it I set it to blackberry then backed out and saved changes then I went back and set it to network then saved changes and that worked for me.
    06-16-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD