Please help me before I shatter this freaking thing:

Am I a complete *****...or is there no "comment" link/button? The only thing I can do is write on people's walls. I can't carry on a wall thread by commenting underneath what they wrote. Any time I write anything to someone, it goes directly to their wall as a "new" post/thread/whatever.

Eq 1 ~ I get a notification that someone has wrote on my wall. I open said notification. Underneath what they wrote is a box that says "Write something...". I proceed to type a reply in this box.....and it goes directly to THEIR wall (instead of underneath what they wrote to me).

Eq 2 ~ Someone "comments" on my wall. I get a notification that they did so, and it gives me a LINK to the mobile site!...but no "write something" box, like in Eq1. So, I follow the link to the mobile site...and there's no comment button anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
    06-10-09 10:26 AM
    Wow. No one else has a clue either? I also found this on BB.com:

“The new Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones makes it even easier to share life’s special moments while you’re on-the-go.

* NEW! View your friends’ highlights like status updates, photo uploads, comments and wall posts.
    * NEW! Check out your friends’ profiles with access to status updates, wall posts, friends and recently added pictures.
    * NEW! Open recently added photos, entire albums, or tag photos of friends. You can even comment on pictures!
    * Receive instant notifications on your BlackBerry smartphone’s home screen.
    * Send/receive message or wall posts, pokes and friend requests.
    * Update your status, view and comment on your friends’ status.
    * Share photos from your BlackBerry smartphone with tags/comments and post to Facebook with just one click.
    * Connect your Facebook friends with your BlackBerry Address Book – including profile picture integration to bring new meaning to caller ID.
    * Stay organized with birthday reminders and event integration into your BlackBerry Calendar.”

So maybe I’m not an *****….because that says nothing about the ability to comment on wall posts. Only on status update and pics, as I said. How am I the first to notice this?!
    06-10-09 11:08 AM
    I''m noticing it now but I just made a facebook account so I'm still trying to figure things out.... I commented back to a few people and it did go on my wall. For me it's not an issue but I can see where it would get to be annoying. Some things you don't want the world to read.
    06-10-09 11:29 AM
    You comment back from your message folder. At least that's how I respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 11:34 AM
    Camel ~

Glad to hear I'm not alone.

You comment back from your message folder. At least that's how I respond.
    Polar ~ Please elaborate
    06-10-09 11:38 AM
    Open ur message folder when u have a facebook message

06-10-09 11:41 AM
    Open ur message folder when u have a facebook message

OK. Next...

I mean, when I open a FB message (yes, in my message folder, the same one that has my email)...it looks identical to the notification in the FB App. There's no comment option.
    06-10-09 11:53 AM
    About 35 more seconds till this thing goes off the wall.
    06-10-09 01:54 PM
    Yeah I think it's only built to do wall to wall and not comment on wall posts. I can't say I've ever commented on a wall post even with when using a full blown browser.

Probably not worth throwing anything against a wall...
    06-10-09 01:57 PM
    If someone comments on one of your posts (or comments on someone else's wall post that you've already commented on) you CAN comment back on that...at least I can.
    06-10-09 02:05 PM
    Ahh face book brings out the worst in us but remember that you paid for your phone and FB is free

06-10-09 02:07 PM
    (Sorry, I'm not really a regular facebook user...)

Actually, when I view my friend's profiles I'm able to comment on their status as well...what is it that you can't do?

Are you actually using the facebook app, because this sounds more like you're just opening the email notification....
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 06-10-09 at 02:12 PM.
    06-10-09 02:09 PM
    Using the app. But when I open the email notification...it just brings up the app anyway.

I can comment on comments.

I can comment on status updates.

I can comment on pics.

Most importantly: I CANNOT comment when someone writes on my wall (like a new post). I can only write back to them on THEIR wall. This is true not just in the App, but on the mobile site, too. Under their wall post, there's not even a "comment" option. Only "wall-to-wall".
    Last edited by TheRaven34; 06-10-09 at 02:17 PM.
    06-10-09 02:14 PM
    Using the app. But when I open the email notification...it just brings up the app anyway.

I can comment on comments.

I can comment on status updates.

I can comment on pics.

Most importantly: I CANNOT comment when someone writes on my wall (like a new post). I can only write back to them on THEIR wall. This is true not just in the App, but on the mobile site, too. Under their wall post, there's not even a "comment" option. Only "wall-to-wall".
    thats because it was never implemented on FB mobile for blackberry... not ANY facebook app for BB can do this, I dont know about the iPhone, but stop complaining about it. its not implemented yet, its easier for the makers to create it so that you can post wall to wall. wait for 2.0, then you'll have all of that and FB IM.

but stop getting so pissed because you cant COMMENT on a wall POST, just post on their wall, no big deal!
    06-10-09 02:28 PM
    OK. Just wanted to make sure I'm not an *****.

But it is kind of a big deal.

1 ~ It's hard to follow conversations when you have to go back and forth between people's pages.

2 ~ People don't expect it...and may forget what they said to you first.

3 ~ Everyone they know can read it!
    06-10-09 02:31 PM
    I have to agree with you, the Facebook app for Blackberry is not very usable. Almost Apha version software. I don't have the time or patience for bad software...maybe if I were a teenager with lots of time to do nothing, but that is quite a few years gone now.

I am looking at the full web app, where a friend posted on my wall, where I answered his post via comment, and he commented again. This was all done on the full application. On the BB app, none of the comments show, nor does the post show the little blue "comment" link at the bottom.

On another post, there are no comments, and the little blue "comment" link is at the bottom to allow me to comment on the post.

In another situation, I posted on a friend's wall with a few sentances, then a couple links to some pictures. On the BB application, you don't see any of the text, only the first link. The 2nd link does not show. Again, there are comments in the real world...but in the BB untested software world, no comments show and the link does not exist.

The very next older post on this person's wall has 1 comment. I see the full text of this message on the BB application. At the bottom of the message I see a little blue link "1 comment". Hey, wadd'ya know...this is the only one out of all of them that work correctly in the BB application.

Not to worry, you are not an *****. This is some really badly coded and untested software that is totally not usable. I have to wonder if this is Blackberry trying to keep ground with iPHone but failing miserably. I'm removing the underwhelming facebook software now. Since 95% of my use is for business, so I don't really care that much, but it has been quite annoying to waste my time with such poorly developed software.
    06-15-09 06:24 PM
    I guess I just never commented under wall posts. I've always just done wall to wall...and so has everyone that I talk to on FB.

What is the advantage of using the comments under a wall post instead of just going wall to wall or even a private message?
    06-15-09 06:39 PM
    OK. Just wanted to make sure I'm not an *****.

But it is kind of a big deal.

1 ~ It's hard to follow conversations when you have to go back and forth between people's pages.

2 ~ People don't expect it...and may forget what they said to you first.

3 ~ Everyone they know can read it!
    I dont see the huge issue in this between whether you comment on their wallpost on your page, or whether you have to respond on their wall. I really dont even get the new feature, if you're so worried about people reading your things, adjust your privacy settings.

Also, when I click on my FB icon, I then click the little white sign icon, then whenever I click on a green " " icon, I can get the whole wall-to-wall conversation we've had.
    06-16-09 12:55 PM
    I dont see the huge issue in this between whether you comment on their wallpost on your page, or whether you have to respond on their wall. I really dont even get the new feature, if you're so worried about people reading your things, adjust your privacy settings.

Also, when I click on my FB icon, I then click the little white sign icon, then whenever I click on a green " " icon, I can get the whole wall-to-wall conversation we've had.

OK...picture yourself at work using Outlook. You get an email from someone who is looking for a response (read Boss). And instead of responding directly to their question, via the original email you received, you start a new email...with the response...leaving out the original question...ruining the overall continuity of it all (on top of looking like you dont have a clue as to what you are doing).

The FB app for BB is garbage'
    06-16-09 04:39 PM
    OK...picture yourself at work using Outlook. You get an email from someone who is looking for a response (read Boss). And instead of responding directly to their question, via the original email you received, you start a new email...with the response...leaving out the original question...ruining the overall continuity of it all (on top of looking like you dont have a clue as to what you are doing).

But that's how Facebook wall-to-wall works...you can always pull up the wall to wall and look at it as one long conversation, preserving the continuity you're so worried about.

It actually is kind of annoying to me when someone comments on a wall post - just do wall to wall instead of all these goofy comments.
    06-16-09 04:59 PM
    When you open wall notification, you see "write something"...underneath that there is your conversation "wall to wall" just like facebook. If you want to see the entire history of your conversation, you click more.

If you are talking about the brand new ability to comment "inline" on someones comment...that is new to Facebook and you have to give it some time. 2.0 will probably have that and chat.

I don't see how it's that big of a deal. It's a mobile app...and a pretty good one at that. If you want alll of the capabilities, download opera mini and go to the full Facebook
    06-16-09 05:02 PM
    It actually is kind of annoying to me when someone comments on a wall post - just do wall to wall instead of all these goofy comments.
    agreed. It's almost as bad as "Like" comments. It is so stupid that if I "like" something, I have to be included on every single comment after the fact. To me the "like" status should be used as a quick "good job", but I don't want to see it ever again thing. If I actually comment, then include me in the thread.
    06-16-09 05:05 PM
    I'm just figuring out this 1.6 myself and I dont think I like it..anyway. Maybe just go to mobile site? Wish I could help.
    06-16-09 05:07 PM

Ok. I understand what you're saying, but it still doesnt make real sense. If I answer my boss' question (without the original text of his in the email) and he doesnt know what I'm talking about, he probably shouldnt be my boss. Maybe an assistant popcorn operator at a carnival.

I think everyone is making a real big deal over nothing .
    06-16-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD