Let's face it, save for the Storm fanboys that just don't want to hear it, the Blackberry Storm is a pile of fail. I've had it since mid December and have grown to dislike it more every single day. From the massive amount of dust behind the screen, the need to put paper behind the battery to click right, the failing escape and blackberry buttons, to the gayer than a bucket of aids OS, this phone gets downright repulsive to use on a daily basis. The ONLY save for me is that verizon is the only carrier that gets service where I work at. That's it.

What phone are you guys looking at getting? I like the look of the Tour and a fully qwerty keypad sounds like a grace from God after the Storm ruined my like of touch screen phones. I'd also like to wait for some more Android phones to come out (the I7500 looks badass), but alas I think most of them are not coming out on Verizon. And of course there is always the iphone. I'd almost like to get an Omnia for the time being just to rid myself of the storm, but I have limited play time with one and not sure if the Windows OS will be much more snappier than the Storms.
    06-09-09 06:31 PM
    Mine will b storm for sure for the next one n a half year.after that it will b tour just cuz of its physical keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 06:42 PM
    Nothing. I don't plan on parting with my 9530 anytime soon. Sorry your experience has been abysmal. Although I know others have, I haven't had a single one of the issues you're complaining about - fortunately.

There might be a lot of Storm fanboys, but I think it's pretty clear you're only intent here is to bash the phone. Naturally, to each his own. If you really dislike the phone that much (and with comments like "I've grown to dislike it more every single day" this certainly is the picture you're painting) do yourself a favor; ditch your Storm and drop the cash to get another phone that has a physical keyboard and something you'll be much more satisfied with.

No sense keeping a phone that you're not only completely dissatisfied with, but one that appears to be only adding to your frustration. Sounds like you've given it a fair shake - it's not for you. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by grgiwoyna; 06-09-09 at 07:00 PM.
    06-09-09 06:48 PM
    I like my Storm, and even if I didn't I'd be stuck with it for a while. I'm sure I'll upgrade to another BB when the time comes, but I can't predict what that'll be! I certainly wouldn't put getting another touchscreen out of the realm of possibilities though.
    06-09-09 06:52 PM
    BB TOUR in july. If it doesnt come to VZW, i'll be stuck withh getting another Storm until something else on Verizon catches my eye.
    06-09-09 06:59 PM
    Nothing. I don't plan on parting with my 9530 anytime soon. Sorry your experience has been abysmal. Although I know others have, I haven't had a single one of the issues you're complaining about - fortunately.

There might be a lot of Storm fanboys, but I think it's pretty clear you're only intent here is to bash the phone. Naturally, to each his own. If you really dislike the phone that much (and with comments like "I've grown to dislike it more every single day" this certainly is the picture you're painting) do yourself a favor; ditch your Storm and drop the cash to get another phone that has a physical keyboard and something you'll be much more satisfied with.

No sense keeping a phone that you're not only completely dissatisfied with, but one that appears to be only adding to your frustration.
    +1... Sjeez get something else.

PotBB

06-09-09 06:59 PM
    I'll stick with the Storm..
    06-09-09 07:11 PM
    op = pile of fail
    06-09-09 07:21 PM
    I'm gonna grab a tour when it comes out, but plan on using it to replace my 8830 and hanging onto my storm also.
    06-09-09 07:21 PM
    Storm 2 when released. Love my Storm 1.
    06-09-09 07:22 PM
    Storm 2 sometime (not sure when), or if I sit on my current Storm long enough, whatever touchscreen offering RIM releases to Verizon after the Storm 2.
    06-09-09 07:23 PM
    I'm going to pick up the storm 2 on launch day just like I did with the storm.

06-09-09 07:29 PM
    Let's face it, save for the Storm fanboys that just don't want to hear it, the Blackberry Storm is a pile of fail. I've had it since mid December and have grown to dislike it more every single day. From the massive amount of dust behind the screen, the need to put paper behind the battery to click right, the failing escape and blackberry buttons, to the gayer than a bucket of aids OS, this phone gets downright repulsive to use on a daily basis. The ONLY save for me is that verizon is the only carrier that gets service where I work at. That's it.

What phone are you guys looking at getting? I like the look of the Tour and a fully qwerty keypad sounds like a grace from God after the Storm ruined my like of touch screen phones. I'd also like to wait for some more Android phones to come out (the I7500 looks badass), but alas I think most of them are not coming out on Verizon. And of course there is always the iphone. I'd almost like to get an Omnia for the time being just to rid myself of the storm, but I have limited play time with one and not sure if the Windows OS will be much more snappier than the Storms.
    Good luck with the omnia.
    06-09-09 07:32 PM
    I'm gonna grab a tour when it comes out, but plan on using it to replace my 8830 and hanging onto my storm also.
    I would grab a tour if they come out with a camera less version of it to replace my 8830WE. If it has a camera then I am out.
    06-09-09 07:33 PM
    I would grab a tour if they come out with a camera less version of it to replace my 8830WE. If it has a camera then I am out.
    Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the BlackBerries with cameras? Is it because RIM doesn't implement them well, or something unrelated to implementation (the fact that some "sensitive" areas - government facilities, research facilities, etc. might not allow you to bring in a phone with a camera springs to mind)?
    06-09-09 07:35 PM
    I don't have an answer for that because my next phone probably won't be anything currently available, nor will it likely be anything available within the next 6 months. Ask me again about November!

06-09-09 07:37 PM
    If the iPhone comes to Verizon I will run to it: otherwise it will be a BlackBerry, they just really need to work on the OS. If they don't improve it I don't think I will be getting one. Palms webOS seems interesting... I just don't want the Pre. After the storm I will never buy a first generation device again, from any company

06-09-09 07:40 PM
    Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the BlackBerries with cameras? Is it because RIM doesn't implement them well, or something unrelated to implementation (the fact that some "sensitive" areas - government facilities, research facilities, etc. might not allow you to bring in a phone with a camera springs to mind)?
    It is the sensitive area thing.(DoD, DoA)
    06-09-09 07:46 PM
    A tour for me. I'm gonna wait for a week after it drops.

06-09-09 07:47 PM
    It is the sensitive area thing.(DoD, DoA)
    That sucks. You'd think that a company like RIM that prides itself on creating a handheld device that excels at secured mobile email and data access would, I don't know, remember to crank out updated models that can actually be carried and used by customers who work in secured sectors. If you wanted a BlackBerry without a camera these days, the most updated you can go is the 88XX models, right? Even the friggin' Pearl models all have cameras.
    06-09-09 07:52 PM
    If an Iphone or another type of apple phone comes to verizon I will most likely get that. I am tired about having to read how to fix this and how to fix that on the storm. And I can only do so many battery pulls in one life time. And tired of upgrading my OS every two weeks to find the newer one has some other problem.

People I know are completely happy with their Iphones and I love my ipod touch to it can only be better...If it comes to verizon network that is
    06-09-09 07:54 PM
    That sucks. You'd think that a company like RIM that prides itself on creating a handheld device that excels at secured mobile email and data access would, I don't know, remember to crank out updated models that can actually be carried and used by customers who work in secured sectors. If you wanted a BlackBerry without a camera these days, the most updated you can go is the 88XX models, right? Even the friggin' Pearl models all have cameras.
    yeah your choices at this time are 88XX(trackball) and the 8703e(thumb wheel). Which is why I have 2 blackberrys. Now if they made a touchscreen BB that was camera less that would be the sh*t. Besides I carry my Canon T1i with me everywhere I go.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 06-09-09 at 07:56 PM.
    06-09-09 07:54 PM
    Storm 2 when it's released.
    06-09-09 08:01 PM
    I have had The Storm since April, and I honestly love it. I have had no problems with it and the .148 upgrade has made it even better. I have 22 more months on my contract, and I couldn't imagine what phones and technology will be available then, so I can't say what will be my next phone. I would not rule out touchscreen.
    06-09-09 08:09 PM
    No plans to replace mine. Like many others, I have had no issues with my Storm (other than one bad update to a leaked OS, and that was my fault and had nothing to do with the phone).

I know several people with iPhones, and like the Storm, some like, some love, some hate and some totally despise.

For our purposes, the switch to Verizon has also been a very good thing. Better coverage, stronger and more consistent signal and a much smoother relationship than with our previous carrier(s).

If there is a compelling reason to upgrade to the Storm 2, I may consider that, but if there's not a really good reason, I'll stick with my Storm.

Thankyouverymuch.
    06-09-09 08:10 PM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD