Just got the program and love it but its very hard on my battery life...anything I can do to make it last longer?
    06-09-09 06:21 PM
    I use it myself and i made sure to change the timeline refresh delay options to "never" so that i can manually refresh when i want to..that eliminates the app from refreshing on its own and draining your batt.. hope this helps
    06-09-09 06:28 PM
    ok, i'll try that, thanks for the help!
    06-09-09 06:31 PM
    I know this is old...but can this be why my batter is draining? I have it set to refresh every 30 minutes...and sometimes I don't even open Twitter at all.

I will try the NEVER and see if things change. If not, I'm removing it...and will find a platform for Twitter that doesn't drain my battery.
    03-04-10 06:48 PM
    Which version? I have the latest and don't have any problems. Maybe you have other apps running in the background?
    03-04-10 07:06 PM
    I know this is old...but can this be why my batter is draining? I have it set to refresh every 30 minutes...and sometimes I don't even open Twitter at all.

I will try the NEVER and see if things change. If not, I'm removing it...and will find a platform for Twitter that doesn't drain my battery.
    If you don't think UberTwitter is for you I would def try out different Twitter clients. There is a lot to choose from.
    - UberTwitter
    - BlackBird
    - BBTweet
    - TinyTwitter <-- Not a bad simple twitter client.
    - Twitter for BlackBerry <-- Uses BB PUSH, which should be better on battery
    - OpenBeak
    - Tweeteev <-- Coming Soon
    - Seesmic for BlackBerry <-- Currently what I use, simplistic & fast
    - J1CK.Twitter <-- Doesn't seem to like OS 5.0
    - Tweetcaster
    - TweetGenius <-- Pay application, offers trial
    - If I think of more I'll update list. :P
    ~ I didn't include some that are VIP only.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 03-04-10 at 07:19 PM.
    03-04-10 07:17 PM
    Thanks both of you. I LOVE UBERTWITTER...but since the OS upgrade or the addition of UberTwitter my battery is not lasting a full day and shuts of in between things.

I've never experienced this until about 2 wks ago...and I don't leave apps open at all except UT. I close all of them fully...even UT sometimes...and it still drains...I have a new battery in...and it didn't shut off today...but drained within 10 minutes of being fully charged.

I don't know what the issue is. I will uninstall UT for now and see if things return to normal.
    03-04-10 07:20 PM
    I was actually thinking about buying UberTwitter, but I'm kind of iffy about battery drain. :<
    03-04-10 07:24 PM
    In my experience Ubertwitter is far less of a battery drain than any other twitter app I have tried. It actually barely even affects my battery set at 30 minute updates all day long...
    03-04-10 08:15 PM
    In my experience Ubertwitter is far less of a battery drain than any other twitter app I have tried. It actually barely even affects my battery set at 30 minute updates all day long...
    How about every 5 minutes?
    03-04-10 08:44 PM
    How about every 5 minutes?
    Even every 15 minutes its not bad, but I can only imagine that every 5 minutes wouldn't work out too well for anyone.... is that the interval you use?
    03-04-10 09:02 PM
    It's what I use with seesmic and my battery doesn't have a problem handling that. I'm thinking about purchasing UberTwitter but need people to convince me or push me to do it. :P
    03-04-10 09:05 PM
    I uninstalled and the battery is semi-back to normal. I will re-add it again at some point next week and see if it happens again.
    03-05-10 07:22 PM
    Hey. The update version of Ubertwitter was draining my memory so bad. Memory was fine for a week and half and then had two updates. Poynt and Ubertwitter. Memory went south after that. I decided to uninstall UT and see if that was the problem. Memory was stable after that and switched back to the last version that was released. Everything is fine now. don't know what it was but older version is playing well with my memory.
    03-05-10 07:29 PM
    I will try and locate the earlier version if I can, and see if that works. I miss UT.

And my memory was an issue as well with the newer UT. I have NOTHING on my Berry and my memory was always under 17...makes no sense.
    03-05-10 07:32 PM
    try the tweetgenius trial. tg and seesmic seem to be the easiest on my battery.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-05-10 07:33 PM
    Sorry, duplicate post. Will try all options just recommended. Thanks!
    03-05-10 07:35 PM
    I uninstalled and the battery is semi-back to normal. I will re-add it again at some point next week and see if it happens again.

maybe if you have geo-location on, where you use gps and cell towers, that can cause drains when you tweet... check your settings.

I'm still figuring out which settings suit me best too, considering I use facebook and viigo all day long.
    03-06-10 06:15 AM
    You guys should spend your money on Tweet Genius.
    It's worth it.
    03-06-10 06:59 AM
    Hi I Downloaded ubertwitter and when I open it says trying to open connection within and outside the firewall not allowed by the It? Please help Thankyou.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tripp07; 03-06-10 at 07:32 AM.
    03-06-10 07:25 AM
    maybe if you have geo-location on, where you use gps and cell towers, that can cause drains when you tweet... check your settings.

I'm still figuring out which settings suit me best too, considering I use facebook and viigo all day long.
    Ok, all night my battery did great without UT downloaded. I just added it back 15 minutes ago...and DANG IT TO HADES...it went from 70% to 60% in less than 5 minutes? WTH?

Ok, I don't do that Geo-location thingie...can't be bothered...can you tell me what the option should be for the gps and cell towers? I know I have it on the one that says less power, yada yada

Also, which security permissions should I allow UT to have? I just have ALLOW for everything.

Thanks
    03-06-10 04:38 PM
    Alright, I now have purchased UberTwitter and now have the paid version running. I must say there is better battery performance. I leave it running @ 5 min intervals for updates and my battery does fine. Could this possibly be from UberTwitter trying to retrieve ads every time it gets tweet updates in the free version? I also notice it grabs tweets just as fast as Seesmic with Paid. (Which was very fast for me.)
    03-06-10 08:52 PM
    Thanks for that update. Got an email from the creator and he gave me some tips. I will redownload now, and if it's okay I will pay for it later today. I like it alot and I like Tweet Genius too..

Any suggestions about what to set the PERMISSIONS to??? Screenshot would be great.
    03-07-10 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD