I am having an issue updating my Storm. I have a leaked version of 4.7.0.132 on my Storm right now. I have been away for a while and couldn't use my phone, but when I got back I heard about the new official upgrade to .148. So I went to the wireless update option on my Storm and tried to update, but its telling me that there are no updates available for my phone. Do I need to downgrade to upgrade? I am on a Mac so I can't use DM which really blows. What should I do?
    06-09-09 05:09 PM
    u have to be on .75 to be able to upgrade via ota...
    06-09-09 05:14 PM
    i think you will have to downgrade to upgrade. im in the same boat. ive even tried DM on parallels a few times to no avail. havent even been able to successfully downgrade through it. i called the fine folks are verizon customer service who gave me a supposed work-around that didnt fly either. so effed over here. hopefully you find better lucck than me
    06-09-09 05:24 PM
    ya your gonna have to downgrade to .75 in order to update to .148
    06-09-09 05:27 PM
    I am at .75 but where can I download a mac compatible version of .148 ?
    06-09-09 05:33 PM
    I am at .75 but where can I download a mac compatible version of .148 ?
    well you cant even use dm on a mac your gonna have to do it via ota or find somebofy with dm on there computer
    06-09-09 05:36 PM
    well you cant even use dm on a mac your gonna have to do it via ota or find somebofy with dm on there computer
    what is "ota" ?
    thanks...
    06-09-09 05:38 PM
    OTA = Over The Air
    In this case, it is specifically refering to wireless upgrade
    06-09-09 05:43 PM
    what is "ota" ?
    thanks...
    over the air....

can you do it with the wireless upgrade option??
    06-09-09 05:46 PM
    over the air....

can you do it with the wireless upgrade option??
    I am doing it now as we speak....thanks....will keep you all posted to see if it works good...
    06-09-09 06:01 PM
    I have a Storm 9530....I got the message for the OS upgrade this a.m. Went to install it and said that I did not have enough free memory...wife's Storm did same thing. Went to options, memory and it said that I had over 700mb of free space. I actually had to delete some apps (games, etc) to get it to install....why was this the case?
    06-09-09 06:20 PM
    I have a Storm 9530....I got the message for the OS upgrade this a.m. Went to install it and said that I did not have enough free memory...wife's Storm did same thing. Went to options, memory and it said that I had over 700mb of free space. I actually had to delete some apps (games, etc) to get it to install....why was this the case?
    it goes by you free application memory....see in options-memory...
    06-09-09 07:06 PM
    so ALREADY I am having problems when I try to log into my facebook and my fickr accounts it keeps saying login failed check your username or password, BUT I HAVE IT RIGHT for sure....ughhhhhhhhhh!!
    06-09-09 07:07 PM
    so ALREADY I am having problems when I try to log into my facebook and my fickr accounts it keeps saying login failed check your username or password, BUT I HAVE IT RIGHT for sure....ughhhhhhhhhh!!
    If you just finished your OTA, you might want to try a battery pull. I'm on .148 and I have no problems at all with Facebook (I downloaded the latest version after I updated to .148).
    06-09-09 07:14 PM
    If you just finished your OTA, you might want to try a battery pull. I'm on .148 and I have no problems at all with Facebook (I downloaded the latest version after I updated to .148).
    just did that and alls good here! thanks! so what are all the new things I should be looking for? I already noticed some box that came up over the text as I was typing that wasnt there before....
    06-09-09 07:19 PM
    I also have a Mac, and I have XP running within Parallels and DM there to do backups and the installs with no problems what so ever.
    Have a pc with vista which the DM want even load. but have done some installs directly with the loader.exe.
    06-09-09 07:24 PM
    I don't think that is entirely true, you need a Windows computer but you don't need dm to install the new OS.

Pretty sure you can just:
    - run the file
    - go to "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader" and delete vendor.xml
    - connect BB via USB
    - run launcher.exe (from same location as above)
    Thereafter follow the on screen prompts.

However, you need to use dm to backup the device so doing it this way you will lose all data on the phone - messages, phone book, apps etc. etc. EVERYTHING!
    06-09-09 07:30 PM
    I don't think that is entirely true, you need a Windows computer but you don't need dm to install the new OS.

Pretty sure you can just:
    - run the file
    - go to "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader" and delete vendor.xml
    - connect BB via USB
    - run launcher.exe (from same location as above)
    Thereafter follow the on screen prompts.

However, you need to use dm to backup the device so doing it this way you will lose all data on the phone - messages, phone book, apps etc. etc. EVERYTHING!
    well ya of course that to i was just saying in general
    06-09-09 07:55 PM
    wait a minute it said you have over 700mb of free app. memory if so i want your storm lol
    06-09-09 07:57 PM
    just did that and alls good here! thanks! so what are all the new things I should be looking for? I already noticed some box that came up over the text as I was typing that wasnt there before....
    well of course just the whole overall performance of the device im not sure what exactly to look for cause im running a hybrid but you'l start seeing certain things...one thing i could think of off the top of my head is when your in the browser and you go to type something is says "GO" instead of the return button
    06-09-09 08:01 PM
    that box is supposed to be an easier way to make corrections in text boxes. Some of the differences you will see is increased battery life, and the quickness of your camera. the upgrade has been much better for me, no issues so far! hope it stays that way...
    06-09-09 08:02 PM
    My DM has said for 2 weeks that i don't have any Updates Available.
    06-09-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD