so that it won't be too tight on the keys resulting in battery life lost, I put my old Blackjack 2 inside it upside down... do ya'll think that this is a good idea?
    06-09-09 04:37 PM
    If it's the stock pouch that comes with the 8900, I'd throw it in the trash... in most cases the stock pouch is the main reason for a lot of peoples battery problems.... known issue... do some searching and you will see many posts back in December and January.
    06-09-09 04:42 PM
    i actually used my old 8310 curve, works for me... as for it draining the battery try locking the keys w/ the phone lock i get 3-4days of battery life with middle usage... 1-2hours of calls, alot bb messager,sms,surfing the web..

06-09-09 04:57 PM
    If it's the stock pouch that comes with the 8900, I'd throw it in the trash... in most cases the stock pouch is the main reason for a lot of peoples battery problems.... known issue... do some searching and you will see many posts back in December and January.
    lol, it is the stock pouch, i think the reason behind it draining the battery is it being too tight. Could the magnets in it affect it too?
    06-09-09 05:12 PM
    i guess as long as the end result is what you want (not holding keys down), and the pouch still does it's job (keeping phone secure in place) then it's all good!
    06-09-09 05:15 PM
    I just let the pouch stretch itself out. And my pouch never affected my battery. That's a load of bs imo.
    06-09-09 05:17 PM
    I just let the pouch stretch itself out. And my pouch never affected my battery. That's a load of bs imo.
    It is not BS, reputable members here at Crackberry have conducted tests on their devices and the only logical conclusion was the case causing problems. Trust me, I did not believe it myself at first either.
    06-09-09 05:30 PM
    I've experienced the pouch draining the battery. It was horrible. The life dropped from 55% to 20% in a matter of 30 minutes.
    06-09-09 05:30 PM
    I leave the 8900 in the pouch for 4 hours at a time everyday and it doesn't drop that far in life. I feel it drops more just sitting on my table all night.

EDIT: Until it effects me and I notice it. I'm good with the pouch.
    06-09-09 05:33 PM
    The case cauing battery problems is not from it being too tight. Its from the magnet. It has to do with in/out of holster and your settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 05:49 PM
    The title of this thread just sounds dirty
    06-09-09 06:05 PM
    Stretched pouches aren't for me. I like tight snug pouches personally. I feel safer when its a good tight fit!

06-09-09 06:28 PM
    Stretched pouches aren't for me. I like tight snug pouches personally. I feel safer when its a good tight fit!

I agree. However, the 8900 oem pouch is waaay too tight to the point where you will hit a button anytime you try to remove it. Not to mention it doesn't fit all the way inside.

06-09-09 06:30 PM
    I leave the 8900 in the pouch for 4 hours at a time everyday and it doesn't drop that far in life. I feel it drops more just sitting on my table all night.

EDIT: Until it effects me and I notice it. I'm good with the pouch.
    This is a fair statement but the comment you mentioned earlier indicated that since your experience with the pouch was good that the pouch must be good for everyone. I do not think the latter is fair. The pouch issue doesn't happen to everyone but it is still a common problem.
    06-09-09 07:29 PM
    The 8900 should have come with a holster like the Bold comes with. The pouch is worthless.
    06-10-09 04:18 AM
    If you notice, the holster comes with a hard sponge in it. I have 1 more piece like that from my other pouch. You know what, I pushed those 2 hard sponges forcefully into the holster and keep them there for a week. Now it fits pretty good with my Jave...
    06-26-09 05:32 AM
    I stuffed my Philips DVD remote for a couple of days and all was well.
    I am getting a cellet holster and will do the same to loosen it before using.
    06-26-09 06:14 AM
    i stuffed my old Sony Ericsson hp in for a day and all was good.
    now it fits like a glove. and removes easily too.
    07-07-09 05:14 AM
    I used a 2g iphone and 4 or 5 credit cards.
    07-07-09 05:33 AM
    I used a 2g iphone and 4 or 5 credit cards.
    Just curious-did the magnet in the case affect magnetic strip on the credit cards?
    07-07-09 10:52 AM
    The 8900 should have come with a holster like the Bold comes with. The pouch is worthless.
    That would be nice for those who like holsters. But a waste of money for those who don't (then again, very few use the pouch it came with, so there goes my argument )

Anyway, the OEM 8900 holsters are very low priced at Newegg, under $10 IIRC

07-07-09 03:20 PM
    My pouch that came with it was fine, the only I bought (RIM model) at the same time I ordered my 8900 was too tight so I sent it back. Go figure!
    07-07-09 03:25 PM
    Just curious-did the magnet in the case affect magnetic strip on the credit cards?
    Nope, the magnet is in the very bottom middle of the pouch so the magnetic strips didnt get close to it.
    Anyway, the OEM 8900 holsters are very low priced at Newegg, under $10 IIRC
    Yep, both newegg and amazon seem to have good prices on cases. And if you have prime or are going to spend more than $25 than you can get free shipping at amazon.
    07-07-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD