Dear CrackBerry,

I recently purchases a storm 9530 from Verizon. I eventually got sick of it and decided to sell it on eBay. As i was previewing what the general selling price of storms where, i noticed that unlocked storms cell for more. I have searched the interbutts and to no result ( except for ways that cost money). There is also one catch, i am no longer with Verizon, i am now part of a different cell phone carrier. So here's the question, how can i unlock my Verizon wireless blackberry storm 9530 for free?

P.S. I have searched every corner of CrackBerry forums for the answer.

Thanks!
    06-09-09 04:25 PM
    If you know someone trustworthy with Verizon, have them add your Storm to their account and have them call the global center and get the code for you.
    06-09-09 04:29 PM
    Ok thanks, how exactly would i add the phone to the account? Would that cost money? And what would i do after its added? Call Global support? Is there an other way around it?
    06-09-09 04:36 PM
    Have them call and say they want to switch phones and then the rep will ask for your Storm's ESN. It won't cost money. After it's added, call the global support, and tell them you'll be traveling out of the country and Verizon's international plan was too expensive so you'd rather use a pre-paid SIM card. Then after this, have your friend call back and re-add their own phone.
    06-09-09 04:39 PM
    Thanks! I will be sure to do that. Thank you very much. So I would tell them that i am traveling out the country and i need my storms unlock codes so i can use a pre-paid sim card?
    06-09-09 04:45 PM
    Pretty much.
    06-09-09 05:10 PM
    What exactly is an ESN?
    06-09-09 05:39 PM
    Yupps. Try calling verizon first. If you cant get it for free then you can use an unlock service,
    we charge $9.99 for this verizon storm to unlock (Special cb price)
    I can get it done in couple hours. here is how to get your ESN.
    ( Electronic serial number )

How to Get IMEI on BlackBerry Storm

Go To Menu -> Options -> Status -> IMEI : (15 Digits - All Numbers )
    06-09-09 07:17 PM
    Yupps. Try calling verizon first. If you cant get it for free then you can use an unlock service,
    we charge $9.99 for this verizon storm to unlock (Special cb price)
    I can get it done in couple hours. here is how to get your ESN.
    ( Electronic serial number )

How to Get IMEI on BlackBerry Storm

Go To Menu -> Options -> Status -> IMEI : (15 Digits - All Numbers )
    Hey Instant thank you very much the unlock code you gave me worked fine on my sister phone thanks for the quick turn around
    06-15-09 07:36 AM
    Hey Instant thank you very much the unlock code you gave me worked fine on my sister phone thanks for the quick turn around
    Thanks for trying me out. Appreciate it !
    06-15-09 01:30 PM
    Thanks for trying me out. Appreciate it !
    How can I get the special cb price using your service
    06-15-09 07:41 PM
    If you know someone trustworthy with Verizon, have them add your Storm to their account and have them call the global center and get the code for you.
    Does the global support center has different phone# than the regular verizon support? If it does, where can I find the # then?
    06-15-09 07:53 PM
    uniquephones is a good choice. I used their service and have my code in 5 minutes.
    06-15-09 10:38 PM
    Instantunlockcode.com works! It was really fast and really affordable. I highly recommend!
    06-17-09 10:43 AM
    Instant's sig is:
    "Why Pay for it , When you can get it for Free ?", but they turn around and charge $10 for an unlock code. Kinda odd.

Not knocking, just observing....
    06-17-09 11:14 AM
    I called VZW Global support a couple months ago and asked for the unlock code, they didnt quesion me why or anything. About 5 min later my storm was unlocked.....and I havent been charged $10 for it....
    06-17-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD