Note: I'd just as soon not have a discussion about whether a lack of smooth gradients due to less-than-16-bit color in UI elements matters to anyone. Lets just assume that it matters to some of us and not to others. Thanks.

I'd like to request a clean, classic theme that does not use gradients in any UI element (buttons, icons, menu bars, dialogue boxes, etc). So, no gloss effects, no 3d elements -- just smooth flat colors, preferably not too bright or vivid (but still colorful).

There are some themes that demonstrate that flat colors can be used to create great UI elements -- like Grungy Gant. But as much as I like Grungy Gant, its not appropriate for my work device -- my work environment is a very stodgy, "old guard," suit-and-tie one that you might describe as "highly proper." Let's just say it won't create the best impression for me to flash Grungy at a senior partner. And GG still has gradient effects in most of the non-icon UI elements (because the default Zen has them).

I'm honestly not sure what it would look like, but I do think this would be a popular theme post-148. Of course I'm willing to pay.

Or if anyone knows of a theme that already exists (free or paid) that is along these lines, please let me know!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Revolutionary; 06-09-09 at 03:24 PM.
    06-09-09 03:21 PM
    Enso Levitation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 03:41 PM
    Levitation is a nice one, and very close, but he's still got a lot of glossy gradient effects on all of the buttons and menus.

Elycruz's Ubuuntu themes are ALMOST there...
    06-09-09 03:47 PM
    No takers or other suggestions?
    06-10-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD