Hi,

I am wondering who can help me! I have a 8900 on O2 UK with software v4.6.1.199 (platform 4.2.0.102) Every time i look on these forum this and that is out for 8900 with different software versions from different networks what is the latest software i can put on my 8900 with out KILLING IT!!!
    06-09-09 03:15 PM
    My advice is use the Orange UK 8900 software, I'm using a locked O2 8900 just ensure you delete the vendor file before you install the O.S.

The Orange UK software in my personal opinion is the best one. I allways install offical OS on release and was most impressed with the Orange U.K version.

It's fast relaible and a good all around O.S, you will find most O.S builds have its pro's and con's.
    06-10-09 07:07 AM
    If you stick to official OS releases it doesn't really matter which carrier's OS you use.

As c_stanley correctly pointed out tho, if the OS you choose to download and install is not from your own carrier, you'll need to delete the vendor XML file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 04:03 PM
    i've never had any major problems with beta OS's

do what you feel comfortable with, there's in reality no difference between carrier variants of the firmwares except for sometimes slightly different options, the core programming will remain the same if the version numbers are the same
    06-17-09 10:51 PM
    Where can i download the device software for my 8900. im currently using O2 UK......pls help!
    11-06-10 04:03 AM
    i just upgraded to OS 5 from O2 official. and can say the battery life has made an improvement for me, which i am very please with.

download and install from here

good luck
    11-09-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD