a friend of mine works at a Verizon call center, official release date for the tour is...

On Verizon: July 13th
    On Sprint: Sometime in September
    06-09-09 02:06 PM
    Sweet, I knew someone had the answer to a question that's been asked 1,000 times.
    06-09-09 02:12 PM
    No need to flame the poor guy for trying to bring us news. sure we all already know of the speculated 7/13 date, and although when someone comes in here and says "a friend of my friend who has a job with someone who's best friend knows this person..." I know better than to take it without a gran of salt, it still makes me feel a little better.

nothing is official till we hear it from big red. and that announcement should be on the 29th if they handle this like the pearl flip release, which was 15 days before it goes on sale.
    06-09-09 02:21 PM
    No need to flame the poor guy for trying to bring us news. sure we all already know of the speculated 7/13 date, and although when someone comes in here and says "a friend of my friend who has a job with someone who's best friend knows this person..." I know better than to take it without a gran of salt, it still makes me feel a little better.

nothing is official till we hear it from big red. and that announcement should be on the 29th if they handle this like the pearl flip release, which was 15 days before it goes on sale.
    I agree, the guy is trying to help or just get involved. We shouldn't eat people alive for offering what he believes is the straight skinny on the release date. Yea a lil bouncing around here I'm sure he would see that date everywhere. I think he was just trying to solidify the still rumored date. Either way welcome to CrackBerry and always remember news is all about the source and proof. Pics, videos, and emails are always a good bone to throw around here when posting news.
    06-09-09 04:13 PM
    I agree, the guy is trying to help or just get involved. We shouldn't eat people alive for offering what he believes is the straight skinny on the release date.
    Now here's the hypocrisy...............defend someone who makes one post, someone who posts under some anonymous screen name, but when someone who identifies themself as a VZW corporate employee, and posts under his real name and could be easily identified as such, gives his input on it, he gets insults and retorts.
    06-09-09 07:19 PM
    Has anyone on this or any other sites been pretty accurate or close in predicting tentative release dates? It seems like boygeniusreport.com is quick with info and reviews. But I was just wondering if there's been any forum member or website who's release date predictions have been good and pretty close to the actual release date.
    06-09-09 07:37 PM
    Has anyone on this or any other sites been pretty accurate or close in predicting tentative release dates? It seems like boygeniusreport.com is quick with info and reviews. But I was just wondering if there's been any forum member or website who's release date predictions have been good and pretty close to the actual release date.
    You are looking for Kevin or CX
    06-09-09 08:01 PM
    Now here's the hypocrisy...............defend someone who makes one post, someone who posts under some anonymous screen name, but when someone who identifies themself as a VZW corporate employee, and posts under his real name and could be easily identified as such, gives his input on it, he gets insults and retorts.
    What are you talking about? It sounds like you had a bad experience or something like that.. I don't know, but if it was you that made that post I would be defending you as well. As far as anyone knows here I could be a Chinese spy, the President, or an Alien. All of which are probably the same thing.. Back to my point, Credentials don't really matter in my opinion around here. It's nice to know that CX, and RadioGuinea seem to have a lot of credibility around here. Anything more than that I don't care if the man on the moon responds or posts info that could be helpful. It's all in the communication. It's up to everyone to consider the source and go from there. To immediately flame or bash someone because its their 1st or 1000th post is silly. I'm a nobody here, but I like hearing ideas, info, and potential release dates. Maybe just maybe the guy is the CEO of VZW. Would anyone really know? I don't think so. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone or sounded a lil bitter it just bothers me when someone starts or steps into a thread and starts talking trash. I'm done! Whew..
    06-09-09 09:33 PM
    Sorry xfusion. I was a noob once too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 09:44 PM
    To immediately flame or bash someone because its their 1st or 1000th post is silly. I'm a nobody here, but I like hearing ideas, info, and potential release dates. Maybe just maybe the guy is the CEO of VZW. Would anyone really know? I don't think so. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone or sounded a lil bitter it just bothers me when someone starts or steps into a thread and starts talking trash. I'm done! Whew..
    +1. The guy is probably like a bunch of us, really looking forward to the release of the Tour, so he joins in the discussion here and gets "jumped in" by a couple of @sshats! Sheesh. Welcome xfusion. Don't pay too much attention to some of the hostile people, they're probably just pissed because they bought iPhones!
    06-09-09 10:24 PM
    we new this information but thanks!
    06-09-09 10:26 PM
    New Release date!!!!!!!!
    the day it comes out it will be released...... Oh my God its this date its that date..... people getting ripped for posting I thought this forum was for help and information? the phone is coming it will be here and when it is it will sell like any other BlackBerry that has come before it and everyone that will come after it.... Thanks for the post and all your work that you may have put in to get some info I hope your other post in this forum go better but like always someone will always step up on your behalf and stick up for you I think some people are getting wound up waiting and dont really mean it
    06-09-09 10:50 PM
    +1. The guy is probably like a bunch of us, really looking forward to the release of the Tour, so he joins in the discussion here and gets "jumped in" by a couple of @sshats! Sheesh. Welcome xfusion. Don't pay too much attention to some of the hostile people, they're probably just pissed because they bought iPhones!
    ha. Nice one
    06-10-09 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD