Hey everyone,

So I am getting a replacement Storm tomorrow since my back button decided to stop working. The only pain-in-the-*** part about a new Berry is the BBM contacts because of my new PIN. What is the best way to go about alerting my contacts that I have a new Blackberry PIN? Is there a way to message all of them at the same time?

Thanks!
    06-09-09 01:13 PM
    I remember having the same issue. What I did was I plugged in the new BB to the desktop manager and restored that last backup. At this point all of my BB msg contacts were updated on their own. It was very odd not having to send out the PIN change myself, but that is how it happened. Hope that helped.
    06-09-09 01:57 PM
    I bought a Storm for a short period when it first came out and returned to Verizon because of all the problems. It's probably better now.
    Thanks for that lol, but you didnt really answer my question.
    06-09-09 02:14 PM
    It'll reset itself.. your contacts will be updated automatically provided you restore from a backup on your old storm
    06-09-09 02:39 PM
    It'll reset itself.. your contacts will be updated automatically provided you restore from a backup on your old storm
    So lets say I use the "Device Switch Manager"...will that do the same thing? And by "contacts will be updated", you mean that their list will automatically update to have my new PIN?
    06-09-09 03:26 PM
    Anyone????
    06-09-09 04:07 PM
    It should do something along the lines of changing it on your friends side of bbm. As for the device switch wizard, I don't know about that. Should just be able to do a regular back up and then restore that on your new bb and the contacts and bbm clients should be restored as they were on your old bb.
    06-09-09 04:34 PM
    I got a replacement and all of my contacts transferred over from a backup. However, my [email protected] email address no longer works. I have an icon for it, but it is not listed in the email settings with my gmail account. Does anyone know what I should to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 04:38 PM
    Yaar, i am now afraid of all such BB problems.
    06-09-09 08:08 PM
    The answer is you will have to resend invites to ALL your BBM contacts. There is no automatic updates. If you "Back Up" your new phone you will have all your contacts PINs, but they will not have yours. They will not be bale to message you until you message them.

Make sense? Not sure if I explained it correctly.
    06-09-09 08:22 PM
    I got a replacement and all of my contacts transferred over from a backup. However, my [email protected] email address no longer works. I have an icon for it, but it is not listed in the email settings with my gmail account. Does anyone know what I should to fix it?

resend service books
    06-09-09 08:26 PM
    The answer is you will have to resend invites to ALL your BBM contacts. There is no automatic updates. If you "Back Up" your new phone you will have all your contacts PINs, but they will not have yours. They will not be bale to message you until you message them.

you don't really have to resend invites just send them messages and it'll take care of itself
    06-09-09 08:27 PM
    So lets say I use the "Device Switch Manager"...will that do the same thing? And by "contacts will be updated", you mean that their list will automatically update to have my new PIN?
    Use the Device switch wizard, it will send your updated information to your BBM list, they won't even know your got a new device. This process works flawlessly, it will also transfer 3rd party apps for you as well.

You have to log into https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and change your pin number and then resend your service books.

This is not true. It updates everything through the BB servers. See my explanation above.
    06-09-09 08:27 PM
    Already done that...it only registers my gmail address.

06-10-09 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD