Hi there, dropped this question into the talk-to-frank sticky but nothing happening so hopefully no-one minds me putting it in here.

I'm hoping to get a BB Bold very soon but cannot get a straight answer if I an actually get Push email from a Blueyonder email account. Many posts seem to suggest you can't and all the BB can do is poll my Blueyonder, much like any other phone can do? I've seen various people say their blueyonder email ranges from a few seconds to up to 15-30 minutes which sounds more like pull email to me, which pretty much any phone can do!

I've also seen that if I forward my emails to either an email set up with my phone provider or some sort of a Blackberry email address, then that solves the problem, but then, can I reply to those messages using my Blueyonder account or would it be sent from the address it is forwarded to?

Lastly, Blueyonder (Virgin) is soon to migrate to GMail platform hosting so how will this affect matters? I'd just like to be able to get instant push email from my existing accounts and reply from them via my Blackberry whilst out and about. I'd also love to be able to synchronise my existing Google Calendar with my Blackberry too, and if at all possible, have all my inbox, sent items etc synchronised between my Blackberry and home PC - can it be done satisfactorily using 'personal' email functionality and software rather than having access to BES and hosted email such as Exchange?

Many thanks
    06-09-09 08:40 AM
    Hi Stevem999,
    Happened to stumble accross your e-mail so thought I would answer in case your still looking.

You are correct that you can not use push mail on a Blueyonder/Virgin account.
    This will still be the case if/when they move the platform over to a gmail platform (its a restiction in the contract the 2 companies have agreed).

You can forward your mails to another server that supports push mail and this will sort the problem, however you are correct in thinking that you will reply via that new e-mail address and not you Blueyonder address.

Everything you have listed in your mail, I can do with my Blackberry but then I have my own server for my business.
    If you really need/want all of these fetures, you could do a lot worse than investing in some cheep hosting.
    Mine costs �40 every year and is well worth every penny.
    06-30-09 04:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD