Can anyone relate and offer help towards my frustrations??? I am having all kinds of "freezing up" issues as well as my keyboard disappearing while texting or e-mailing. Generally, this phone doesn't operate all that great. Would love some tips and or help cus I want to love this phone, but...

Thanx

PS: I conduct battery pulls sometimes twice a day.
    06-08-09 03:50 PM
    Welcome to the CB forums.

Let us know which OS you're on (.75 or a leaked OS or the new .148 release). One or more helpful responses are sure to follow.
    06-08-09 03:52 PM
    What OS are you using? That sounds like a problem from one of the early versions, I had the same issues with .75, but now on .148 and the device runs pretty smooth. At least thats my experience with it.
    06-08-09 03:53 PM
    First things first...what OS are you running?

Go to "Options --> About" You'll see about of info:

BlackBerry 9530
    smartphone (3G, CDMA)
    --> [here is where you get the version #] <--

post what version you're running and we'll go from there.
    06-08-09 03:53 PM
    If you haven't upgraded to the official .148 release, then you need to do so immediately. There are numerous (too numerous to list here) upgrades, changes, fixes and mods that have been made to the OS. I suspect that an upgrade to .148 will solve the majority of your issues.

I am running .148 with no issues whatsoever. Fast, clean and fun.
    06-08-09 03:55 PM
    The upgrade should fix that for you. Make sure that you do a data backup and backup your 3rd party apps. Directions to backup apps in easy to find here.
    06-08-09 04:09 PM
    Welcome to the CB forums.

Let us know which OS you're on (.75 or a leaked OS or the new .148 release). One or more helpful responses are sure to follow.
    I'm running .75
    How do I run the up grade to .148?
    06-08-09 04:48 PM
    and how long does the up grade take?
    06-08-09 04:52 PM
    I just did this last week. It took maybe ten minutes. There are two ways. Did you install the desk top manager to your computer? If not DO IT. I didnt until I started reading this forum. Once you do that back up your phone because the upgrade whipes it out (least it did on mine) There is a section to check for updates on the DM.
    Number two (I tried this and got an error message that I didnt have enough memory, which I guess is a common error) Go to setup/options/advanced options/wireless update and it will show you what OS you are running. It will also have a button on there "check for updates". Highlight and click and follow the promts. But BACK YOUR PHONE UP on your computer. Trust me!
    06-08-09 05:11 PM
    I recommend using desktop manager...you'll want to use it to do a backup anyway. If you have any 3rd party apps, you can back them up to. See the OS subforum for instructions on how to do just about everything.

You should see quite a difference once your updated your software...then we can go from there to answer any specific questions you may have, but don't forget to search/browse the forums first, a lot of questions have already been answered!
    06-08-09 05:43 PM
    Also...you say the keyboard disappears a lot. There is a shortcut built in where you can swipe the keyboard up and down. If you have it up and swipe down it, it will disappear. Make sure you're not doing this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 06:16 PM
    An upgrade to the latest official OS should deal with most of the problems and things should run a lot smoother. Be sure to check every once in a while if a new update has been released.
    06-08-09 06:20 PM
    Read through the first post of this thread before you upgrade...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/

Grey
    06-08-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD