I had an issue with my blackberry not starting at all. I finally fixed it as it was a flat lined battery but now it keeps draining the battery in less then 8hrs. I have new battery aswell. I have to leave it on charge otherwise it will die and will not recharge unless I do the battery pull.

I have had it charging for days without use, new battery. I can't return as it was a eBay purchase.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue??
    06-07-09 10:50 PM
    What apps are you running? Themes? Do you have any weather apps or anything that constantly updates? We need some more information before we could give any idea as to what is causing it.
    06-07-09 10:52 PM
    No themes, no apps are running. It even does it in standby. No bluetooth, no GPRS is running. Just the home screen. Never really had the chance to use it much so I dont know a whole lot.
    06-07-09 11:00 PM
    What OS version are you on?
    06-07-09 11:03 PM
    also, are you in an area where you get a good signal? If its constantly searching for a signal it will eat up battery life. I would suggest putting the network settings in 1XEV only that way its not searching for other networks.
    06-07-09 11:45 PM
    also, are you in an area where you get a good signal? If its constantly searching for a signal it will eat up battery life. I would suggest putting the network settings in 1XEV only that way its not searching for other networks.
    Very true! And my Storm also lags when searching for signal...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 01:22 PM
    where'd you get your new battery? Is it an official RIM battery or some cheap knockoff?
    06-08-09 01:34 PM
    i have the same problem...im running .148

apps i have are facebook myspace quicklaunch yahoo messenger blackberry messenger

no themes but the one that came with the storm

i am in and out of signal for about 1.5hrs of my day.. set to 1ev

i take it off the charger about 9am in the morning and by 6pm im at 10%

i am using a brand new RIM OEM battery...
    06-08-09 08:19 PM
    same problem...running .148 hybrid
    06-08-09 08:26 PM
    i have the same problem...im running .148

apps i have are facebook myspace quicklaunch yahoo messenger blackberry messenger

no themes but the one that came with the storm

i am in and out of signal for about 1.5hrs of my day.. set to 1ev

i take it off the charger about 9am in the morning and by 6pm im at 10%

i am using a brand new RIM OEM battery...
    Did you do *22899 after you updated to .148? This puts the most current PRL on your phone.
    06-08-09 08:27 PM
    My battery has been HORRIBLE since I put the .151 hybrids on it. Meterberry shows 8+ discharge rate and the battery drops huge amounts when idle and not in use, but when I am using it the discharge rates are much lower...weird.
    06-08-09 08:39 PM
    Yea I've noticed when I upgraded on the new official .148 my battery was heart-lining very rapidly so i downgraded to the unofficial .141 cause when I had that my battery will last a lil longer then the .148 but I did order a 2300 ohm battery waiting for it to hit my mailbox!!!
    06-08-09 08:42 PM
    try turning down your backlight and make sure your have your screen dim that way it saves your battery
    11-05-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD