QuickLaunch 2.0 for the 8900 is now available!

After quite a delay QL 2.0 has finally been released. Faster, easier, more flexible, possessing more functionality than previous versions with an attractive, intuitive interface that doesn't require a manual to understand, 2.0 maintains it's must-have status.

New Features in 2.0:

. Backup / Restore to .txt file

No more lost menu configurations when upgrading your OS. The Menu List, Options and Activation Code can now be stored in a .txt on your SDCard and easily and reliably restored. Use this function for backup as QuickLaunch no longer 'supports' backup / restore via Desktop Manager.

. Built-in Screen Capture function
    QuickLaunch now includes it's own screen capture capability generating a high quality image. After the image is taken you have the option of immediately emailing it.

. Integrated Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary.com search
    Performing these searches are now quicker using QuickLaunch.

. Create Custom Submenus
    Now you can organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus. Submenus can be opened by clicking on them or highlighting them and using the the trackball right/left to open / back out of them.

. More apps and functions to Add
    In addition to the greater number of applications now supported by QL 2.0 there are now more 'standard' QL functions that you can add including:
    New Appointment, Compose Email, Compose PIN, Compose SMS, New Contact,
    and New Task.

. Display Current Temperature
    You can now display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.

QuickLaunch does not run in the background and the weather information is retrieved only when you run QL.

2.0 weather was tested in 4 European countries, 2 asian countries, Australia, South Africa and the U.S and worked with all networks tested. However it is possible that someone might have a network configuration that is not immediately supported. If this is the case, find your carrier's APN (Access Point Name) via google or directly from your carrier and enter that information in home, options, advanced, tcp/ip. That should take care of almost all networks in the world. If you can't display weather after that, send me an email and I will determine your settings and get you set up.

. Yahoo Weather
    This item is in the Add Application section and when selected will display weather info obtained from yahoo weather in your browser according your location setting in QL Options.

. Add Items Alphabetically
    Enable this option to add menu items in alphabetical order

. Easier Setup with Installed Applications List
    To add an app no longer requires you to first have the app running. Just pick from the list

. Volume Button Scrolling
    You can now set the volume buttons to enable item by item scrolling up/down or page up/down.

. 3 Font sizes
    Small, medium and large

. System Menu Integration
    This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu a la 'CaptureIt'. An added bonus of this feature is that now QL can be run on top of some apps that it previously wasn't able to in the past such as Opera Mini.

Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can now configure shortcuts for menu items

. Improved Performance
    Yes, it launches items noticeably faster than before.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video by WJD Designs:
    (QL icon also by WJD Design Studio)

Price:
    Previous owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Previous owners who've purchased before April 1st: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.0 has been submitted to RIM for inclusion in App World but they have a 4 -7 day approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. Sorry about that.

2.0 will require a new PIN. Make sure you enter your correct pin in capital letters when you download. Uninstall your current version and reboot before installing 2.0.

The mobihand servers will most likely be a little busy during the first few hours of release so don't panic if you can't connect to the server or any other download problems for a while. Update emails will come soon.

Any issues / bugs found in the first release will be taken care of immediately. If you have a problem email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail.

Many thanks to the beta testers for their hard work and support. Beta testers can email on how to obtain their official copy.

For more information regarding QuickLaunch go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    06-07-09 07:54 PM
    Hmm... So how do I upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0? And pay the upgrade price of 1.99? Mobihand still shows 1.4 as current version.
    06-07-09 08:15 PM
    I've heard you've done a great job with this. Cant wait to check this out.
    06-07-09 08:23 PM
    I usually don't like to buy apps that don't have a demo. But because I read that I could turn my WiFi on and off without navigating down several layers of menus I took a chance. Oh my gosh was it worth it!! And the WiFi thing turned out to be a side note in the functionality of this application. Faster? I thought it was fast before!! I have shortcuts to web pages (weather), people I txt often, email often, etc. Icons I don't have room for are now a right convenience button press away. So for all of you that are hesistant about not being able to try before you buy, don't let it stop you on this one. It's the best $4.99 I have spent in a while. $4.99, go for it, you will not go wrong!
    06-07-09 08:37 PM
    I'm wanting to upgrade to get off the Beta version because it should be dying on me any day now and I'm still seeing 1.4. Help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 08:42 PM
    Sounds like the backup of QL issue has been fixed. Thanks for finally addressing this as a real problem and doing something about it. Also, does Yahoo Messenger work with version 2.0?
    06-07-09 08:48 PM
    Mobihand let me purchase the upgrade last week, and it wasn't suppose to. So I paid $1.99, it was taken out of my account, but how do I get this issue fixed. I emailed your support. I have two copies of QL shopping in my Apps on Mobihand, but both are 1.4, with my 1.4 activation code.
    06-07-09 08:58 PM
    ....Ugh. My stupid activation code is "invalid." Wtf?

06-07-09 09:08 PM
    So does anybody know how to download v2.0 of QL for the 8900 via mobihand? Because... It's still showing 1.4 as current version and theres no upgrade.
    06-07-09 09:15 PM
    if u guys dont wanna wait till app world go to mobihand and buy it over again its worth it
    06-07-09 09:18 PM
    I'm having about as much trouble as humanly possible upgrading this app from my beta version. I'm thisclose to kicking the danged thing to the curb.

06-07-09 09:24 PM
    I bought QL on the App world and when I go to my world it's not there. I'm not paying for it again.
    06-07-09 10:18 PM
    App world won't get it until 5-7 business day until it is approve by RIM when it was submitted.
    06-07-09 11:13 PM
    So its released but we can only get it at Appworld in 5-7 days?
    06-07-09 11:17 PM
    I went ahead and purchased it again to avoid the upgrade wait. I would like to thank the developer for creating a very useful application that I have grown dependant on.

Thanks again.
    06-08-09 01:00 AM
    Mobihand let me purchase the upgrade last week, and it wasn't suppose to. So I paid $1.99, it was taken out of my account, but how do I get this issue fixed. I emailed your support. I have two copies of QL shopping in my Apps on Mobihand, but both are 1.4, with my 1.4 activation code.
    I did the same thing two weeks ago!

How do I get a new PIN now for 2.0?

06-08-09 08:51 AM
    I'm wanting to upgrade to get off the Beta version because it should be dying on me any day now and I'm still seeing 1.4. Help?

I just went to mobihand.com and selected "Upgrade" At first it said I owed 1.99 but when I got to the cart there was no charge, a new PIN and a download link. I just bought QL a week ago so there was no charge.
    06-08-09 10:20 AM
    I did the same thing two weeks ago!

How do I get a new PIN now for 2.0?

That is what I would like to know. I emailed both the creators and Mobihand, and the creators told me to contact Mobihand. I emailed them last night not long after release, and I still have no response.
    06-08-09 11:10 AM

I just went to mobihand.com and selected "Upgrade"
    Where is this "Upgrade" button you selected? I can't seem to find it on my mobihand account.
    06-08-09 11:19 AM
    just upgraded. Paid 1.99 got new activation. Everything is working great
    06-08-09 11:26 AM
    just upgraded. Paid 1.99 got new activation. Everything is working great
    Well how did you accomplish this. I purchased from mobihand.com. Where did you purchase and upgrade?
    06-08-09 11:28 AM
    That is what I would like to know. I emailed both the creators and Mobihand, and the creators told me to contact Mobihand. I emailed them last night not long after release, and I still have no response.
    Ive gotten hundreds of emails. Go to your account page. Sign in with the correct email. click the change link to change your pin. Enter it using all caps.
    If you've changed your pin in the past your going to have to contact mobihand support for them to unlock your account.
    06-08-09 12:14 PM
    I'm assuming I'll get some notification about this on my BB once it's all set to go. I purchased in April or May. I'll be patient and wait a week or so. I can't deal with messing with the Mobihand site and all that hassle.
    06-08-09 12:15 PM
    Well how did you accomplish this. I purchased from mobihand.com. Where did you purchase and upgrade?
    Go here: QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, Websites, Email, SMS, PIN, Phone #'s, Media and more! - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

Click "Buy an Upgrade"

Wish I would have waited a few hours...purchased an upgrade and then got an email (hour later) saying that I had a free upgrade...oh well. $2 is a small price for the efficiency this app provides.
    06-08-09 12:15 PM
    +1
    My thoughts exactly. It's funny... Throughout the Beta testing, I kept getting emails from Mobihand stating a new version was available, and I always saw a visible download button. Now I don't receive an email, but when I check the new version is available, with no download button. Weird. Just have to wait it out and see I guess.
    06-08-09 12:18 PM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD