Hey,

I just cracked the LCD screen on my 8330 Curve, which I'm not happy about at all. I see that there are replacement screens available. I was just wondering if it is worth replacing the screen, and if I would be able to do it myself.

I'd also be shipping the parts to Canada, so if anyone could recommend the best site to shop from I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    06-06-09 04:21 PM
    Ive never personally done it, however I have changed my housing and it dose not seem much harder then that. I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Here is where I would buy it from:
    GSM4World.us
    Ive done business with them quite a few times and every time has been excellent. It says for the 8300/10/20 but dont worry about that because they are the exact same as the 8330 I dont know why it is listed like that, they messed up or something.
    here is a video on how to do it:

Good luck!!!
    06-06-09 04:55 PM
    Thanks for the input. One more question though, which screwdriver will I need? I assume it's either the T5 or T6.
    06-06-09 05:06 PM
    Thanks for the input. One more question though, which screwdriver will I need? I assume it's either the T5 or T6.
    You might not need to take off the front housing. If you do, you will need a T5.
    06-06-09 05:09 PM
    Just ordered what I'll need. Thanks wm2485 and xliderider! This forum is great!
    06-06-09 05:18 PM
    I hate to beat a dead horse, I just cracked the screen but I don't think it made it to the display. Can I just replace the case to get the "view screen" repaired? I don't think the lcd is damaged, just the "glass" cover.
    P.S. I need to update my sig to say I have a curve haha.
    06-06-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD