Hi Everyone
    I am really glad to post here
    i want to buy an all round smartphone and i came up with two phones
    so which on i should go with i am not a heavily depend on messages and Emails , just normal person , I know it sound stupid to make comparisons in a Blackberry Forum, but i am sure that you will give me the right answer
    thanks in advance
    06-06-09 02:33 PM
    If email is not your biggest concern the Pre is probably your
    best bet. It has a bigger screen, combines a touchscreen with
    a QWERTY keyboard, has 8mb of memory (but no memory card slot)
    3mp camera (Bold is 2mp), wireless charging capable and a very
    well executed OS
    06-06-09 03:00 PM
    You do not say what is actually important to you so its difficult to comment. But I had a similar problem 3 months ago. I chose the Bold over Iphone because the my most important requirements were
    Best keyboard
    Best screen
    Best call quality
    Best response time
    And I have not regretted the decision.
    Things I have found in addition which set Bold ahead
    Best email and shortcuts
    Best forums
    Most passionate users
    Battery perfromance
    Speed to switch on
    Reliablity

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 03:13 PM
    well my main requirements are:
    Responsive Time
    Browsing The Internet
    Multimedia
    Call Quality
    Stability
    06-06-09 03:19 PM
    You'll be fine with the Pre. Again, email not being your primary
    concern, the Bold will offer you a lot that you won't take
    advantage of. Both are great devices, but, and this is only my
    objective opinion, the Pre seems to be the better choice for you
    06-06-09 03:25 PM
    i always hear people talk about the blackberry factor , and it is simply unique feeling to have a blackberry than any other phone
    is this right and worth the hype

i am also a fan of applications, i like to try new and unique applications, is this sound blackberry??
    06-06-09 03:48 PM
    Go check out PreCentral first before you buy a Pre. Its got more bugs than an apartment in New York. I guess a lot of people are reporting dead screen pixels and overheating.
    06-06-09 04:24 PM
    does the blackberry poor browsing have a solution?
    another browsing application may be?
    06-06-09 04:29 PM
    i always hear people talk about the blackberry factor , and it is simply unique feeling to have a blackberry than any other phone
    is this right and worth the hype
    Anyone who mentions this as a factor / reason for purchase you
    can ignore on general principle.

i am also a fan of applications, i like to try new and unique applications, is this sound blackberry??
    This I am not certain about since the OS is relatively new. But if the Palm
    tradition carries through with the Pre, there will be many more apps than
    available for the BB.

The two browsers mentioned most often are Opera Mini and Bolt

Both IMO are seriously lacking and really offer little over the
    default browser, which you have already figured out is adequate but not
    as good when compared to other platforms. There is also Skyfire which
    is in private testing. That is the browser to wait for.
    06-06-09 04:53 PM
    No copy and paste on the Pre for anything other then editable-text. That blows.
    06-06-09 04:57 PM
    are u sure there is no copy and paste in the pre??
    06-06-09 06:32 PM
    You'll be fine with the Pre. Again, email not being your primary
    concern, the Bold will offer you a lot that you won't take
    advantage of. Both are great devices, but, and this is only my
    objective opinion, the Pre seems to be the better choice for you
    Agreed. The Bold is a messaging/emailing beast. It sounds as if the Pre might be the best bet for yourself.

There is an application coming. Skyfire. But it is a ways off. It will change how BlackBerry users browse on their devices. It's wonderful. But a ways off.

are u sure there is no copy and paste in the pre??
    Yes the Pre does have copy and paste functionality.
    06-06-09 06:36 PM
    Palm Pre. No If ands or buts. Have had a Berry for years. Berry has had the most stable/reliable os as compared to wm & palm os.
    WebOS(read pre) is a cut above. It has a super fast reliable ui. The web experience is unmatched. Email solution is superb for work & personal use. But hands down the best part is Sprint's network. They have the fastest, most dependable, largest mobile broad band experience available. And w/ their everything plans you get all the extras (tv, radio, gps nav) .
    If you still must go berry, wait for the Tour/Niagara on Sprint. Either way remember: a phone is only as good as the network that backs it up (read iphone sucks).

06-06-09 06:51 PM
    hey
    I am from Egypt. the network it doesn't matter it is only vodafone and mobinil here
    for me the pre will be harder to get as it is not available here so i had to get it abroad which means that there will be service that will not be available like the GPS unlike the bold which is available here
    06-06-09 07:37 PM
    Well I am actually a blackberry technician at sprint, and I have just spend the past 12 and a half hours selling the Pre. I am a blackberry fanboy, I love them, and it almost pains me to say that after spending the last 12 or so hours with the pre in my hand, I'm switching in 45 days.

Unfortunately employees are not allowed to have a Pre for 45 days, unless it's an advocate, and since I'm a blackberry tech, I am not allowed to be an advocate.

The Pre has an amazing OS. I honestly thought it was going to be overhyped and over rated. It wasn't. The phone was everything I had hoped it might be and more.

Some advantages of the pre (not all):
    the ability to multitask has never been easier
    easily accessible applications
    touch screen like I've never experienced before
    and already launched app catalog
    The ability to link your communications like gmail, yahoo, calendars, phone calendars, and more like you've never seen.
    And internet browser that operates like the iphone only faster
    the fun of having a phone like the pre
    discreet notification

these are just a few.

Drawbacks:
    When you have such an amazing phone running on the fastest network with sooo many things that can run at once, your battery goes quickly, battery life just plain sucks. Granted I was using it NONSTOP to demonstrate everything to customers today, but in a 12 hour shift I charged the pre 3 times.

Heating, the pre will heat up with excessive use. It's just going to happen. It's not going to literally burn you, but it will heat up

Sound: I gotta admit, the mp3 player and external speaker has great "quality" sound. It really does, but the volume doesn't go as loud as I'd like

Honestly, go into a store and look at it. You really can't appreciate it until you've held one in your hand and had the vast majority of it demonstrated to you. I've never seen such an advanced phone that was just sooo easy to use. I sold a 65 year old woman this phone today. By the time she got home a recieved a text from her saying "thankyou so much for your help, this is a wonderful and there is so so much to learn, but I am really glad you showed it to me. I really like it"
    06-06-09 09:16 PM
    the pre is not available here
    anyone know where i can order the unlocked version (I live in Egypt)
    06-07-09 02:57 AM
    Yes the Pre does have copy and paste functionality.
    Wrong. Read post #10 again.
    06-07-09 04:34 AM
    well my main requirements are:
    Responsive Time
    Browsing The Internet
    Multimedia
    Call Quality
    Stability

even though I love to spout about blackberry's..

I do not think a blackberry is for you!

the pre has a wonderful browser and really has a great future for multimedia..

if these are in your top.. spend that cash on a pre my friend...

make sure you tell us how you like it when you get it
    06-07-09 05:10 AM
    I have heard from two of the review sites that the hardware quality of the Pre is not that great. This could be important because the bold seems very sturdy. I would google around and read some of the professional reviews. Good luck

06-07-09 07:38 AM
    yeah someone answer about this please?
    it the hardware is good in the pre
    06-07-09 09:23 AM
    When using an email service such as gmail how does the pre's push email differ from a blackberry?

06-07-09 09:50 AM
    the pre is not available here
    anyone know where i can order the unlocked version (I live in Egypt)

Wait until it is released in Europe. So far only CDMA version have been released.
    06-07-09 11:05 AM
    Well I am actually a blackberry technician at sprint, and I have just spend the past 12 and a half hours selling the Pre. I am a blackberry fanboy, I love them, and it almost pains me to say that after spending the last 12 or so hours with the pre in my hand, I'm switching in 45 days.

Unfortunately employees are not allowed to have a Pre for 45 days, unless it's an advocate, and since I'm a blackberry tech, I am not allowed to be an advocate.

The Pre has an amazing OS. I honestly thought it was going to be overhyped and over rated. It wasn't. The phone was everything I had hoped it might be and more.

Some advantages of the pre (not all):
    the ability to multitask has never been easier
    easily accessible applications
    touch screen like I've never experienced before
    and already launched app catalog
    The ability to link your communications like gmail, yahoo, calendars, phone calendars, and more like you've never seen.
    And internet browser that operates like the iphone only faster
    the fun of having a phone like the pre
    discreet notification

these are just a few.

Drawbacks:
    When you have such an amazing phone running on the fastest network with sooo many things that can run at once, your battery goes quickly, battery life just plain sucks. Granted I was using it NONSTOP to demonstrate everything to customers today, but in a 12 hour shift I charged the pre 3 times.

Heating, the pre will heat up with excessive use. It's just going to happen. It's not going to literally burn you, but it will heat up

Sound: I gotta admit, the mp3 player and external speaker has great "quality" sound. It really does, but the volume doesn't go as loud as I'd like

Honestly, go into a store and look at it. You really can't appreciate it until you've held one in your hand and had the vast majority of it demonstrated to you. I've never seen such an advanced phone that was just sooo easy to use. I sold a 65 year old woman this phone today. By the time she got home a recieved a text from her saying "thankyou so much for your help, this is a wonderful and there is so so much to learn, but I am really glad you showed it to me. I really like it"
    that was a very fair and unbias Pre review. thank you

JWNY
    06-07-09 11:26 AM
    i went to my local Sprint store today and i walked out pretty impressed. First, the quality of the phone is pretty good not awesome. I used a demo so maybe 200+ had used the phone already; it was quite bite up. The OS is very impressive but i was disappointed that you cant change the icons on the homescreen. When launching an app, there was a delay in opening about 3 seconds. what was a big letdown was the keyboard. im pretty used to my blackberry 8900, but the Pres keyes are bad in my opinion. i kept hitting like 3 keys at a time because my fingers were too big. other than that, it was pretty good.
    06-07-09 04:56 PM
    yeah someone answer about this please?
    it the hardware is good in the pre

honestly I went and played with it a few times now..

the hardware build is just not as bad as people say it is..

part of the issue is the thing is "tiny"

they were able to build a amazing phone and put it in a neat little tight package...

weight often leads people to believe something feels cheap..

it really doesn't feel cheap or under made.. it will be a nice phone for those that own it..
    06-07-09 05:28 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD