I've been an owner of a 8700c & a Curve 8310. Been disapointed w/ the Curve. Have gone through 2 of them . One lost signal all of a sudden & the other all buttons just stopped working.

I'm due an upgrade next month. I was looking into getting a Bold but then also saw that now there is what looks to be an improved 8900 Curve out.

I miss my BB so much. Right now just using my Motorola SLVR. I miss the easy ability to check e-mails & texting multiple people at the same time.

My carrier is at&t. I am an at&t employee ( non-wireless) & believe I'm eligible for a 50% discount also.

Which should I get ??

What suggestions do you folks have ??

Thanks
    06-06-09 11:39 AM
    here are my thoughts on the two http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/like...9000-a-157896/
    06-06-09 11:43 AM
    There are 100 threads about this but it is up to you. Do you want 3G, the fastest BB processor and IMHO the best keyboard, get the Bold. If you are fine with no 3G, more memory and a better camera, get the 8900. I suggest you checking them both out before you buy. You can listen you our opinions but you should be the one to pick the right device for you.
    06-06-09 11:43 AM
    There are 100 threads about this but it is up to you. Do you want 3G, the fastest BB processor and IMHO the best keyboard, get the Bold. If you are fine with no 3G, more memory and a better camera, get the 8900. I suggest you checking them both out before you buy. You can listen you our opinions but you should be the one to pick the right device for you.
    Quoted for truth
    06-06-09 12:54 PM
    Read the specs on both devices and do the math. The Bold is pound for pound the best device out there.
    06-06-09 01:28 PM
    I was originally gonna get a Bold but, recently saw that a newer Curve was available. That's why I was asking for suggestions.

I would want to have the faster processor of course.

I mostly use my BB to check e-mail , surf internet & multi SMS.
    06-06-09 06:03 PM
    My two cents...Go Bold! I had the option, same as you and chose the bold over 8900, Ya can't beat the 3g service or the speed of the phone in General...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 07:44 PM
    Fast processor.
    Nice camera.
    Full QWERTY keyboard.
    Solid construction.
    Clearest resolution screen of any smart phone as of now.

Need I go on? Bold it out sexy and you'll never regret it.

(Btw if you do go Bold never ever forget to get a screen protector and some sort of silicone case, with the best resolution of a phone on the market scratching it up is absolutely horrible.)

06-06-09 08:30 PM
    I too have been "wowed" by the 8900. I did not have a choice when I purchased my current blackberry, which is the bold. After purchasing it; I immedialty startyed to lust after the 8900. Fairbanks does not have 3g so that did not facytor in my decision. When at and t started selling the 8900, I decided to ga and purchasem

Lol-start playing with the 8900 and decided that my bold felt, faster,I like the keyboard of the bold also. I preffered the size of the bold. Funny-cause I hated the size when I upgraded from my older curve. Now I would not yrade the overall size of the bold. Anyway-either phone is a great phone. Just for me;the bold was the way to go.

Last edited by sallenthornton; 06-06-09 at 08:48 PM.
    06-06-09 08:46 PM
    I prefer 8900.. The no 3G issue has become an awsome advantage of my battery life. Plus, in my opinion, 3G is not a must in Blackberry. Not like in iphone or winmo.

06-06-09 09:23 PM
    Step up to the future Boldly, grasshopper !
    06-06-09 10:26 PM
    Thanks for everyone's input.

Looks like I'll go w/ the Bold 9000. I just found out that my brother just got one , himself.

I asked him how he liked it. Says he loves it (his first ever BB).
    06-07-09 11:07 AM
    Good for you!

With all situations being equal, BOLD will undoubtedly beat the Curve8900, hands down!
    06-07-09 02:05 PM
    Definitely the Bold. It's my favorite phone of all the ones I've had, and I'd recommend it to anyone. The screen and resolution are just amazing, and the keyboard is perfect and extremely user-friendly. I have nothing but good things to say about the Bold.
    06-10-09 08:42 PM
    Fast processor.
    Nice camera.
    Full QWERTY keyboard.
    Solid construction.
    Clearest resolution screen of any smart phone as of now.

Need I go on? Bold it out sexy and you'll never regret it.

(Btw if you do go Bold never ever forget to get a screen protector and some sort of silicone case, with the best resolution of a phone on the market scratching it up is absolutely horrible.)

The 8900 has a higher-res screen than the bold.

06-10-09 10:45 PM
    I've been an owner of a 8700c & a Curve 8310. Been disapointed w/ the Curve. Have gone through 2 of them . One lost signal all of a sudden & the other all buttons just stopped working.

I'm due an upgrade next month. I was looking into getting a Bold but then also saw that now there is what looks to be an improved 8900 Curve out.

I miss my BB so much. Right now just using my Motorola SLVR. I miss the easy ability to check e-mails & texting multiple people at the same time.

My carrier is at&t. I am an at&t employee ( non-wireless) & believe I'm eligible for a 50% discount also.

Which should I get ??

What suggestions do you folks have ??

Thanks

i would go with a bold to be honest..

with a 8900 you get more memory but no 3g and a slower device.. 3.2 camera

with a bold you get less memory but a super fast device 3g data and voice at the same time.... 2.0 camera

I am not sure if the 8900 does voice and data at the same time.. I dont know the limitations of edge and how that works
    but I dont think it does..
    06-11-09 02:50 AM
    The 8900 has a higher-res screen than the bold.

doesnt mean the bolds screen isn't amazing the bold screen is still super clear and sharp
    06-11-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD