My wife's Storm prompted her to upgrade the OS OTA this a.m.. After she had problems she finally downloaded .148. Meanwhile I used DM to update my phone which downloaded and installed .181. I'm now using .181 as it was the only upgrade using the DM. I went ahead and did the wife's Storm with her DM and her phone also upgraded to .181.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 10:39 AM
    My wife's Storm prompted her to upgrade the OS OTA this a.m.. After she had problems she finally downloaded .148. Meanwhile I used DM to update my phone which downloaded and installed .181. I'm now using .181 as it was the only upgrade using the DM. I went ahead and did the wife's Storm with her DM and her phone also upgraded to .181.

.181 is your platform not OS.
    06-06-09 10:40 AM
    Ibtl. To bad I am at work or I would make popcorn. SS or it isn't real!

06-06-09 10:41 AM
    shouldnt the platform on .148 be .203?
    203 is the package version also known as the release version
    4.7.0.148 is the OS(java file)
    4.0.0.181 is the platform(.sfi file)
    06-06-09 10:44 AM
    you have os-.148 your platform is .181.
    06-06-09 10:45 AM
    I am on .148 with .151 updates and my platform is .181 not .203
    06-06-09 10:45 AM
    06-06-09 10:47 AM
    06-06-09 10:55 AM
    from the sticky, which you all should look at

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ve...-181-a-238534/
    They see the .181 and get excited not paying attention to the 4.0.0 that is in front of it.
    06-06-09 10:58 AM
    Oh my......
    06-06-09 11:11 AM
    I think there should be an online course noobs are REQUIRED to pass before they post.
    06-06-09 11:53 AM

When you see three disappointment pictures in one post, you gotta feel how disappointed I was when I see someone mistakes the platform number for the OS number, and does not even check their "About" option on their blackberry AT LEAST TEST OUT THE SAME OLD OS! It would be funny if you posted your findings
    06-06-09 12:02 PM
    You win the failure award
    06-06-09 12:02 PM
    You win the failure award

That's a true failure award
    06-06-09 12:04 PM
    *Sigh* Here we go again....
    06-06-09 12:20 PM
    Eh its okay man. I'm sorry about this mishap. I'm personally afraid to post on this forum becuse of possibilities of flame-death. Better luck next time :/

06-06-09 12:20 PM
    What's infuriating is the pomposity of some noobs to believe they have stumbled on some magnificent discovery they MUST unleash on fellow noobs. Something I have learned is that no matter how good I feel about such discoveries, smarter people already figured them out or ultimately intended that neat discovery to do what it does. Now to play devils advocate, self proclaimed geniuses just know this will always continue to happen. To use the reoccurring analogy of a BB as a car, not everyone on the road knows WTF they're doing 98% of the time and your complaints, though hilarious, are nothing more than road rage banter the bad driver can actually read... The finger outside the car window if you will...

The moral of the story: why can't we all just get along?

06-06-09 12:47 PM

The moral of the story: why can't we all just get along?

Word! We all make mistakes and get excited when we think we discovered something...
    06-06-09 12:52 PM
    It's not the fact that you're excited to share something you found out, it's the fact that we've heard it 800 times and explained it 800 times what the differences are. It's the same as the "I lost my browser" or similiar threads. There's stickies and a search button for a reason. Although I feel bad that new people are afraid to post because of flamers, it is also equally annoying to see the same post 18 times on the same page.
    06-06-09 12:57 PM
    Ahhh man. It never gets old around here. To the op don't feel bad people have and will continue to make the same mistake you did lol. Don't take the hostility personal.

06-06-09 12:59 PM
    When one isn't enough.
    06-06-09 01:00 PM
    Yup, I blew it - and to those who responded like decent human beings to show me my error, I thank you. I do appreciate your kind demeanor. I simply read the wrong line and didn't think to look further. I updated two Storms this morning, one of which had a train wreck during the update. -Got it fixed, but not until hours after, since I was on a mission of mercy.

When I posted, I was on the way to my veterinarian's office with sick animals this morning and since I was there to provide emergency assistance and none of the animals were in harm's way at the time, I was posting from my Storm. Did I make a mistake, yes.

Does anyone deserve to be flamed like this?
    **** no.

To everyone else, your unkind responses are useless drivel, with no merit except to improve upon your post count that matters to no one but you.
    06-06-09 04:22 PM
    Yup, I blew it - and to those who responded like decent human beings to show me my error, I thank you. I do appreciate your kind demeanor. I simply read the wrong line and didn't think to look further. I updated two Storms this morning, one of which had a train wreck during the update. -Got it fixed, but not until hours after, since I was on a mission of mercy.

When I posted, I was on the way to my veterinarian's office with sick animals this morning and since I was there to provide emergency assistance and none of the animals were in harm's way at the time, I was posting from my Storm. Did I make a mistake, yes.

Does anyone deserve to be flamed like this?
    **** no.

To everyone else, your unkind responses are useless drivel, with no merit except to improve upon your post count that matters to no one but you.
    Amen man well said. dont worry about it, the way this site works, it seems as though people judge a fellow member's social status/intelligence on their post count. i guess..... but anyways i hope your animals are ok!!
    06-06-09 04:30 PM
    Stupid threads deserve stupid comments....

06-06-09 04:32 PM
    Stupid threads deserve stupid comments....

your stupid comment is YET another one, the OP apologize people take a chill pill
    06-06-09 04:35 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD