Since upgrading to the official .148, my Storm randomly reboots at least once a day. It never did it this much before. It rarely happened with .075. Anyone else have this problem? Did a search and could not find a thread. Please direct me to it if this has been discussed before. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 08:20 AM
    Since upgrading to the official .148, my Storm randomly reboots at least once a day. It never did it this much before. It rarely happened with .075. Anyone else have this problem? Did a search and could not find a thread. Please direct me to it if this has been discussed before. Thanks.

Did you do the upgrade OTA or through a loader application on your PC?

Any and all details would be most helpfull
    06-06-09 08:30 AM
    Ota. I'm a Mac user.

06-06-09 08:33 AM
    There have been many issues posted with the OTA upgrades... My money is on a possible corrupted OS. Do you have access to a windows base PC?

I'm not familiar with Mac enough to give the walk through.
    I'll find some threads and post them for you concerning Mac's and the Desktop Manager software or Loader software.

I'm sure others will chime in before to long as well. hang tight.

~M~
    06-06-09 08:40 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mac...esktop+Manager

It's not looking good j

Still looking

Found this link as well.....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hel...esktop+Manager

This one talks about Mac not being able to use Desktop Manager on a Mac. So, my only advice to you is to find a PC (not a mac) that somebody might let you use and that your comfortable navigating around. Now here would be some links for you to download and install on that PC.

Desktop Software
    This is the Desktop Manager.

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    This is the Official .148 software to install after you install the Desktop Manager

PM if you need any other help
    ~Michael~
    Last edited by MePascal; 06-06-09 at 09:02 AM.
    06-06-09 08:46 AM
    I also started having random reboots with .148. I remembered reading a thread a while back about taking out the SIM card to prevent random reboots (unless you need it, of course) so I tried that and haven't had a reboot since. Not saying the SIM is definitely the problem, but it's worth a shot.
    06-06-09 04:24 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'll try both solutions and see where that gets me.

06-06-09 05:29 PM
    mine has also been doing the once a day reboot thing since on 148.. mac user here too that downloaded ota... everything else works better for me then on 75, but I think there is still room for improvement with the os.. my screen lags almost as bad as with 75 etc
    06-06-09 10:30 PM
    I pulled out my old PC laptop yesterday. Replaced it with Macs a few years ago after dealing with it freezing all of the time. Was able to keep it stable enough to wipe my Storm and replace the OS through DM. So far, so good. We'll see. I can't wait for a real Mac supported BB desktop application. I even stopped using PocketMac for syncing. I use Google Sync for my calendar and address book. Completely wireless and pain free.

06-07-09 03:53 AM
    It appears that sometimes the OS and 3rd party apps may miss some certificates and service books which then need to reboot after retrieval of each item.

You may want to let the phone reboot a couple of times to see if the upgrade process smooths out afterwards.
    06-07-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD