First of all They need to Fix their Certificate ERROR on their website.

The webpage your trying to view was not sent through the secure HTTPS connection. This is when you click on Dashboard, of course if you say NO to only view what was trasmitted securely you will then see the GOOGLE type map, but if you say YES, well then you can't do so.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    INFO ON WHAT A SECURE CONNECTION MEANS:

What is a secure connection?

A secure connection is an encrypted exchange of information between the website you are visiting and Internet Explorer. Encryption is provided through a document the website provides called a certificate. When you send information to the website, it is encrypted at your computer and decrypted at the website. Under normal circumstances, the information cannot be read or tampered with while it is being sent, but it's possible that someone might find a way to crack the encryption.

Even if the connection between your computer and the website is encrypted, it does not guarantee that the website is trustworthy. Your privacy can still be compromised by the way the website uses or distributes your information.

__________________________________________________ _______________

For a security locating Device.... This is unacceptable to have their website connection not SECURE as this will allow for hackers to compromise peoples accounts.

I paid for the 1 year subscription:

Ok about the program:

They need to fix it so you can AUDIO PING the DEVICE when the DEVICE is LOCKED as you can't do so right now, you can only AUDIO ping it when the phone is unlocked.

Tracking the phone by GPS is about 200 FEET off from my actual location DUE SOUTH and it also reports me being at my actual location 3 TIMES, basically 3 - 4 times you see the DOT's on the screen when tracking even though i remain in the exact location.... like never moved the phone. I know GPS is not 100% effective but that is DANG close to being perfect.

Here ARE MY BIGGEST BEEF's.

If the phone is locked = by my password ... i can not wipe the phone, i did not TRY to do so, but i RAN the TEST MODE for wiping and when the phone is locked ... nothing will occur..... when i unlocked the phone.... THERE WAS A POPUP telling you about the DEMO WIPE and if you wish to stop it HIT OK.

I sure as **** hope this is not like that for a TRUE WIPE as all the THIEF would have to do is A = hit OK to stop it ASAP.

Also we as people can not REMOTELY change the PASSWORD which actually sucks as if a THIEF managed to BYPASS the password or guessed it. Then all they would need to do is lock the phone with their own password, so even if retrieved the OWNER will still need the PASS to wipe the phone VIA BB MANAGER.

Basically its a GOOD program to fairly track your phone within a VERY good GPS location and you could find your phone if the phone is not Smashed Up by the thief of thrown into water.

99% of the time Police Enforcement will KEEP your phone for Evidence and most of the time, you can't get it back....

So if you find it i suggest you get it back your way FIRST.

Now smrtguard needs to FIX the AUDIO PING:

When phone is Locked and they need to fix REMOTE WIPE when the PHONE is ACTUALLY locked.

Smrtguard needs to fix REMOTE WIPE:

If a THIEF bypasses the password some way, some how... all they have to do is UNINSTALL THE SMRTGUARD program form the PHONE and the OWNER is FUDGED from finding it remotely.

Smrtguard needs to allow REMOTE password locking if POSSIBLE:

Yeah i know it may not be possible, but fi it can be done that would be awesome.

Smartguard NEEDS to:

Make sure we as the Owners Have 100% confirmation that the PHONE has indeed been WIPED... i hope it actually WORKS if ever needed.

SMRTGUARD >>>>>>>>>> MAKE YOUR PROGRAM WHILE ON THE PHONE HAVE A PASSWORD >>>>> if a phone is unlocked...... the thief can uninstall the program..... that SUCKS ....... = No tracking for the OWNER.

Basically i am happy with the tracking option and locating my BB if need to be, but boody heck .... fix all the above and it will be 1 AWESOME program.

Thks.
    06-06-09 08:04 AM
    xamdam,

First off, thanks very much for your post. We can't get enough users like you to make our product better.

Here are some of our first initial response, more will come as well.

Regarding HTTPS on the dashboard and google map, currently all the data the are transmitted over our website is via HTTPS, however GOOGLE MAP doesn't currently support SSL, here is google's response:
    Google Code FAQ - Will the Maps API work over SSL (HTTPS)?

AUDIO PING
    As for Audio Ping, what handheld are you using? We have tested this on a few handhelds: Bold, Curve, Storm, Curve 8900 and even some unreleased handheld. They all work when locked (with or without password).

REMOTE WIPE

The Remote Wipe is to simulate the self-destruct message but without actually delete your stuff. So, instead of deleting your data (microSD, on-board memory that stores media like pictures, videos, ringtones, PIM data, and uninstalling of your Message Application), IT POPS a dialog box. Of course, when the screen is locked, you will not be able to see the dialog box. However, when you actually delete your data, it does it in the background without any GUI interaction. Normally we don't recommend testing this unless they have to, but feel free to give it a go

PASSWORD PROTECT SMRTGUARD APP

This will be a preference that we will be adding for sure. In two releases from now.

Our next release will be out this coming Monday.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

First of all They need to Fix their Certificate ERROR on their website.

The webpage your trying to view was not sent through the secure HTTPS connection. This is when you click on Dashboard, of course if you say NO to only view what was trasmitted securely you will then see the GOOGLE type map, but if you say YES, well then you can't do so.

Ok about the program:

They need to fix it so you can AUDIO PING the DEVICE when the DEVICE is LOCKED as you can't do so right now, you can only AUDIO ping it when the phone is unlocked.

Tracking the phone by GPS is about 200 FEET off from my actual location DUE SOUTH and it also reports me being at my actual location 3 TIMES, basically 3 - 4 times you see the DOT's on the screen when tracking even though i remain in the exact location.... like never moved the phone. I know GPS is not 100% effective but that is DANG close to being perfect.

Here ARE MY BIGGEST BEEF's.

If the phone is locked = by my password ... i can not wipe the phone, i did not TRY to do so, but i RAN the TEST MODE for wiping and when the phone is locked ... nothing will occur..... when i unlocked the phone.... THERE WAS A POPUP telling you about the DEMO WIPE and if you wish to stop it HIT OK.

I sure as **** hope this is not like that for a TRUE WIPE as all the THIEF would have to do is A = hit OK to stop it ASAP.

Also we as people can not REMOTELY change the PASSWORD which actually sucks as if a THIEF managed to BYPASS the password or guessed it. Then all they would need to do is lock the phone with their own password, so even if retrieved the OWNER will still need the PASS to wipe the phone VIA BB MANAGER.

Basically its a GOOD program to fairly track your phone within a VERY good GPS location and you could find your phone if the phone is not Smashed Up by the thief of thrown into water.

99% of the time Police Enforcement will KEEP your phone for Evidence and most of the time, you can't get it back....

So if you find it i suggest you get it back your way FIRST.

Now smrtguard needs to FIX the AUDIO PING:

When phone is Locked and they need to fix REMOTE WIPE when the PHONE is ACTUALLY locked.

Smrtguard needs to fix REMOTE WIPE:

If a THIEF bypasses the password some way, some how... all they have to do is UNINSTALL THE SMRTGUARD program form the PHONE and the OWNER is FUDGED from finding it remotely.

Smrtguard needs to allow REMOTE password locking if POSSIBLE:

Yeah i know it may not be possible, but fi it can be done that would be awesome.

Smartguard NEEDS to:

Make sure we as the Owners Have 100% confirmation that the PHONE has indeed been WIPED... i hope it actually WORKS if ever needed.

SMRTGUARD >>>>>>>>>> MAKE YOUR PROGRAM WHILE ON THE PHONE HAVE A PASSWORD >>>>> if a phone is unlocked...... the thief can uninstall the program..... that SUCKS ....... = No tracking for the OWNER.

Basically i am happy with the tracking option and locating my BB if need to be, but boody heck .... fix all the above and it will be 1 AWESOME program.

Thks.
    06-06-09 10:04 AM
    I finally got it working, then realized it didn't back up any notes. I have a lot of stuff saved in the notes of course I got none of it back when I switched from my 8900 to bold. Luckily I had it saved and synced with google and all good. They did add in the pin #'s which is good.
    06-06-09 10:22 AM
    xamdam,

First off, thanks very much for your post. We can't get enough users like you to make our product better.

Here are some of our first initial response, more will come as well.

Regarding HTTPS on the dashboard and google map, currently all the data the are transmitted over our website is via HTTPS, however GOOGLE MAP doesn't currently support SSL, here is google's response:
    Google Code FAQ - Will the Maps API work over SSL (HTTPS)?

AUDIO PING
    As for Audio Ping, what handheld are you using? We have tested this on a few handhelds: Bold, Curve, Storm, Curve 8900 and even some unreleased handheld. They all work when locked (with or without password).

REMOTE WIPE

The Remote Wipe is to simulate the self-destruct message but without actually delete your stuff. So, instead of deleting your data (microSD, on-board memory that stores media like pictures, videos, ringtones, PIM data, and uninstalling of your Message Application), IT POPS a dialog box. Of course, when the screen is locked, you will not be able to see the dialog box. However, when you actually delete your data, it does it in the background without any GUI interaction. Normally we don't recommend testing this unless they have to, but feel free to give it a go

PASSWORD PROTECT SMRTGUARD APP

This will be a preference that we will be adding for sure. In two releases from now.

Our next release will be out this coming Monday.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.
    Your very welcome for my feedback and great fast response you have, thank you for responding:

Everything i use is in my signature in case you missed it, i use blackberry bold 9000 OS version .266 Vodafone version.

When the phone is locked i can not hear any Audio Ping, not sure why? .. I even just did it now, phone is locked and i get 2 emails (my audio alert told me of this) which i know the program sends them out telling me commands sent and command done, but the phone is right here in my pocket and no AUDIO ping is being transmitted .. Password Locked.

I hope Google gets their but-tocks in gear to support SSL encryption, otherwise it appears your DOOR is open sort of speak, but in fact it is closed, just not verifiable to browsers.. YET...

Great to hear that remote wipe works with the phone locked and i will test this out after i do a backup someday soon.... to make sure it does indeed work.

My biggest concern is if the password was bypassed the Thief could potentially get your info before you can erase it, but it would have to be one heck of a thief to crack any blackberry password cause as of TODAY there is no effective way to do so that anyone knows about, except possibly RIM. The basic level of encryption with the Blackberry OS is 2048 bit... LOCKED PHONE.

I like having this program and in no way was i intending to BASH IT, but i am glad you claified some issues or concerns that i addressed. I jjst wanted to clarify that i rather have some peace of mind to possibly locate my berry if it was ever taken from me as "I love my berry like a lonely child" ....

Great to see that 1-2 future updates will allow for a PASSWORD on the actual program installed onto the phone as this is a double safe guard (smartguard ) for the consumers that use a PASSWORD in the first place.

1 FINAL note...... I am EDGE network only ... Rogers in my area is not 3G yet..... Oh and 911 personal guard does not work.... why???
    Last edited by xamdam; 06-06-09 at 03:48 PM.
    06-06-09 03:43 PM
    I finally got it working, then realized it didn't back up any notes. I have a lot of stuff saved in the notes of course I got none of it back when I switched from my 8900 to bold. Luckily I had it saved and synced with google and all good. They did add in the pin #'s which is good.
    Stangman1990, actually notes and PIN are already backed up. These were configurable columns that are hidden at first. We made PIN# show as default, as you pointed it out.

If you log in, click the down arrow on one of the column, you will see more columns.
    06-08-09 09:46 PM
    Just registered for this and first few minutes trial sees it as a very useful tool.
    06-10-09 07:05 AM
    Hmm..

My app seems to work as advertised.

When locked, it pings.

When unlocked, I sent a ping to lock it, which it locked the bold between 24-32 seconds.

GPS location is on point.

Self Destruct test takes about 26 seconds to reach my blackberry.

remote listening works flawlessly.

So, in general, the response time for when sending a command to the phone should be faster. Those are just my two cents.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 06-10-09 at 10:45 AM.
    06-10-09 10:38 AM
    I can also confirm the issue with audio pin not working if you use password lock. I just tried it on mine with the password enabled and only got an email message. when I turned password protection off, the audio ping worked. I too will also wonder if the remote (REAL) wipe will work if I have to use it. I guess I will also have to actually try it to see if it works after I do a full backup.
    06-10-09 03:00 PM
    I have no problems with the program. It does take almost 30 seconds or so to receive and activate the command, but it still works, even when the phone is locked w/ pw.

I even tried the remote wipe and that worked perfectly.

Great program.
    06-10-09 03:10 PM
    Great to hear remore wipe works .. really as i hope it does when/if i ever need to do so..... DOE'S it confirm that it is INDEED wiped?

Also with Audio ping like i stated and also Rockafella also confirmed ... does not work when password locked.

Now i using vodafones os version .266 like i REPLIED back in apost earlier which smrtguard rep never replied back to YET ..

Now every thing i using for OS and phone and carrier and so forth is in my Signature....

So again its a Bold 9000 on rogers wireless network (Unlocked, Not Unbranded) using Vodafones .266 OS......

So for those who state audio ping works when locked.... what OS are you using?

Also smrtguard rep ... please test what i use on a bold you have.

Now as for GPS location..... its a little off for me, but dang close enough ... like within 50 feet, but the weird thing is ... it always ... no matter what always put a GPS location Dot about 1000 feet from my house.... not sure why .... werid.
    06-10-09 03:38 PM
    When I used this program, I was originally seeing the emails as they came in from smrtguard, but nothing was happening. I could read the emails and see the commands. Then I did a battery pull, and when the emails came in, the were automatically deleted like 1/2 second later. this meant smartguard was reading the emails and then everything worked.

So if you haven't done a battery pull, I recommend doing that first. Also make sure you are using your BIS email account, and not something like gmail. I had to use the one provided by AT&T to get it to work.

Bottom line, if you see emails or get alerts that you have emails when doing the smrtguard stuff on the website, it won't work (or atleast it didn't for me). But one battery pull I did right after install fixed it all for me.
    06-10-09 04:31 PM
    I use BIS email and i have done a few pulls since buying the program as i test out software i like and delete the ones i don't like, i do a pull if need to be.

Now like i said i need the smrtguard ppl to test on the OS i run and see if the audio ping works when phone is locked, as for me a others it don't.
    06-10-09 08:56 PM
    Password Lock - if you normally use the phone's password lock then it'll lock automatically after the set time (max 1 hour) so this feature would probably be redundant.
    However if you don't use the phone's password lock then Smrtguard's remote password lock should be a lifesaver - but it isn't as far as I can see.
    When the phone is not set to password lock and a password lock instruction is sent via Smrtguard it merely does a keyboard lock that can be unlocked by anyone with two button presses.
    Unless I've got it wrong it's a pretty useless feature.
    06-12-09 11:47 AM
    Password Lock - if you normally use the phone's password lock then it'll lock automatically after the set time (max 1 hour) so this feature would probably be redundant.
    However if you don't use the phone's password lock then Smrtguard's remote password lock should be a lifesaver - but it isn't as far as I can see.
    When the phone is not set to password lock and a password lock instruction is sent via Smrtguard it merely does a keyboard lock that can be unlocked by anyone with two button presses.
    Unless I've got it wrong it's a pretty useless feature.
    rjbsec, your right about the remote lock feature. If the phone wasn't orginally set to password lock it just locks the keyboard. it should have a feature to set a password for it remotely so that when you do tell it to lock, it will with a password. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to fix since you can remote listen and tell the phone what number to call.
    06-12-09 01:15 PM
    I've submitted a support request to get this fixed - hopefullt it can be done as at least one other application can do it.
    06-13-09 06:46 AM
    Yeah i mentioned it to them when i made this thread and in a future update they may do this and also have a passwor option for the actual program so that no one can unistall it unless they have the password for which you made.

First off they need to get pass your boot up password, which i think EVERYONE should have, but some people don't and some people uknowingly allow others to see their password VIA on a bus, train, plane or where ever and then have their phone stolen and so forth.
    06-13-09 02:41 PM
    I thought I would post in this thread in hopes the developer might be able to help me out as well...

Everything works as advertised on my Bold, EXCEPT the remote listen feature. It makes the call (although it is completely visible on the device), and if I speak on the callback phone, it can be heard on the blackberry; but no audio is sent from the BB to the callback phone. So I can't really "listen in" at all.
    Last edited by netwerx1; 06-14-09 at 10:46 PM.
    06-14-09 02:39 PM
    Love this feature and would like to know when the panic button on BB Bold will be fixed? When holding down menu button APP screen just opens up.
    06-14-09 08:47 PM
    I just sent an audio ping to my Bold downstairs which has been password locked in the holster for hours and it worked perfectly. I had to unlock it to disable the ping, which is normal.

I can confirm that the audio ping DOES WORK when locked. It's a Bold on Rogers running .266
    06-14-09 10:26 PM
    Everything works on my Bold BUT the 'lock' feature needs looking at. It needs to be able to do a full lock not just a keyboard lock (which can be unlocked by the usual 2 button unlock) when the password lock has been disabled. Roblock can do this so its obviously possible.
    At the moment I need Smrtguard (currently tial) and Roblock to have all the features I want.
    However at $9.95 one-off for Roblock and $44.99 a year for Smrtguard I think Smrtguard needs to get it right or lose out to Roblock.
    06-15-09 01:35 AM
    I discovered the hard way today that my account was NOT backing up my email and, apparently, anything else.

I acidently deleted my emails today and figured that this would be an excellent time to try the restore feature. I got back 100 emails that all said the same thing..."content protection enabled". At first I thought that it was telling me it could not restore with this feature enabled, so I disabled it and tried again. Got the same result.

Then I looked on the website and all my emails stored there say the same thing. Apparently, you can't BACK UP any emails if content protection is enabled on the phone. Looking around, it appears my contacts are backed up, but memos, reminders, etc.. are not.

This would have been nice to know ahead of time. Really nice.

My beta testing trial runs out in a couple of weeks and I was going to pay for a subscription. But the middle-of-the-night daily backups was one of the reasons I was going to keep it. One of the main reasons.
    06-18-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD