I used memax earlier not sure what I hit but not I am unable to downlown themes. In the app list it shows my theme but when I go to the theme area it only shows bb zen

I have downloaded the theme or a few of them over and over but i cant find where its saving or its a modual problem..

can anyone help
    06-05-09 04:53 PM
    Third party themes use the resources of the OEM themes. The carrier theme is the only theme you can safely remove using something like CrackMem.

Unfortunately, you will need to backup your Curve, including your third party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Then you can reload your OS to your Curve using CrackMem to remove the carrier theme and anything else you want to get rid of (Help, ICQ, etc.):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Reloading your OS will get you your OEM themes back which will support any third party themes you wish to download in the future.
    06-05-09 04:59 PM
    I did the exact same thing and xliderider got me fixed up. Just reinstalled the os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:19 PM
    I did the exact same thing and xliderider got me fixed up. Just reinstalled the os.

shoot.. its not working for me
    06-05-09 06:59 PM
    What isn't? What problems are you getting?

06-05-09 07:04 PM
    once i am on dm and go til complete and search for the pin number. then i get the .axl file. I go back to dm and to add the file i cant add it for some reason
    06-05-09 07:08 PM
    once i am on dm and go til complete and search for the pin number. then i get the .axl file. I go back to dm and to add the file i cant add it for some reason
    You're talking about loading a theme at this point right?

Make sure the .alx and .cod files are in the same directory/folder, or on your desktop or DM won't be able to load the .cod file, which is the actual application/theme. The .alx file just tells application Loader how to load it.
    06-05-09 07:19 PM
    when i do an ota download of a theme, nothing is showing up in theme area.

the only thing there is the bb zen theme. but it shows up in the application area in options
    06-05-09 07:25 PM
    when i do an ota download of a theme, nothing is showing up in theme area.

the only thing there is the bb zen theme. but it shows up in the application area in options
    Isn't that where we started? Did you reload the OS?

You might need to wipe with JL Commander first:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Or if you are using CrackMem to remove the carrier theme, you can click on Wipe after selecting the stuff you want to delete and clicking Execute.
    06-05-09 07:29 PM
    will this wipe all my stuff?

with crackmem if couldnt find my os
    06-05-09 07:33 PM
    I am having a hard time understanding you. Wiping your Curve sure will delete all your stuff, see post #2 to make sure you can get your stuff back.

Did you download and install an OS on your PC?
    06-05-09 07:36 PM
    Here is a link where you can download, then install the OS to your PC. Then CrackMem will detect the OS on your PC.

Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - BlackBerry� Curve� 8330
    06-05-09 07:39 PM
    I am having a hard time understanding you. Wiping your Curve sure will delete all your stuff, see post #2 to make sure you can get your stuff back.

Did you download and install an OS on your PC?
    well first thank you for helping me.

I am going to start over and explain what i have done.

I downloaded memmax program, and some how got rid of my themes

when i go to options, applications my themes are listed

when i go to options and to themes the only thing listed is bb zen

I have tried to re download ota themes but nothing shows up in the themes area but they do show up in applications section.

I am not sure what to do, I hate to wipe the curve if i have to since i just spent 20 hours setting it up. I do have a backup thats a few days old.

I am not sure what to do.
    06-05-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up. So basically, you are where you started and didn't do anything.

You won't lose anything if you have a backup, and do the third party backup properly.

You won't be able to use 3rd party themes that you download unless you load the original themes that were deleted by MaxMem back onto your Curve.

That is why, you need to reload the OS back on your Curve, but to do that, you need to download and install the OS onto your PC first.
    06-05-09 07:55 PM
    ok, downloading the os now.

at that point do I use crackmem?
    06-05-09 08:04 PM
    ok, downloading the os now.

at that point do I use crackmem?
    After you download the OS, double click on the file and it will launch an OS installer program which installs the OS onto your PC.

Then, you can open CrackMem and follow the directions in the CrackMem thread link post #1 I gave you. You can basically delete anything in the right side of the CrackMem screen that you want. Ask, if you aren't sure what something is for.
    06-05-09 08:08 PM
    After you download the OS, double click on the file and it will launch an OS installer program which installs the OS onto your PC.

Then, you can open CrackMem and follow the directions in the CrackMem thread link post #1 I gave you. You can basically delete anything in the right side of the CrackMem screen that you want. Ask, if you aren't sure what something is for.
    ok thanks

is there anything i need to delete or do i need to find orig. themes
    06-05-09 08:21 PM
    You can delete the carrier theme using CrackMem if you don't plan on using it. The original themes that MaxMem deleted will be reloaded during the OS install.
    06-05-09 08:25 PM
    ok os downloaded, but to be honest now that i have the os downloaded i am lost in what to do.
    06-05-09 08:39 PM
    ok os downloaded, but to be honest now that i have the os downloaded i am lost in what to do.
    Did you double click on the downloaded file and install the OS on your PC?
    06-05-09 08:44 PM
    06-05-09 08:45 PM
    Did you do that 3rd party backup? If you don't, you might lose all your applications that you downloaded and setup.
    06-05-09 08:48 PM
    tying now will see if it worked.
    06-05-09 09:05 PM
    dam i give up I just want to wipe it all and it wont even let me do that with crackmem
    06-05-09 09:25 PM
    dam i give up I just want to wipe it all and it wont even let me do that with crackmem
    What OS is running on your PC, Vista, Vista-64 bit, XP?

CrackMem can be problematic with Vista and Vista-64 bit.
    06-05-09 09:27 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD