Hey guys. I'm new to the bb community. I gave my iphone to my mom and picked up a 8900 for myself. So far I'm liking the internet capabilities, but I'm concerned about the battery life. Hopefully you guys can teach me how to love my blackberry! let me know of any essential apps I should get!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 11:40 AM
    you should keep an eye on that. I picked up my new 8900 four days ago. I had an 8310 BB for 2 years. But I have been using it may than usual and by 9pm still have 75% of my battery. you should not see a drain on the battery on this phone. do a battery pull and test for a couple days. if you still see drain on battery take it back and get another if still in 30 day window.
    P.S. great job on ditching the iphone. my wife and son have one and they are crap IMO.
    06-05-09 11:59 AM
    I have both and they are so different!! (iphone/8900.) To conserve battery, make sure you are exiting out of any apps you have running so they aren't running in the background (press BB key, scroll down to close). Great apps are CNN Mobile, Viigo, amAze... You will love this BB, enjoy!!
    06-05-09 12:53 PM
    yay! thanks for the replies! i've read about standby mode! i never realized i had such a button! lol!

i'm still getting used to texting... coming from touch screen to actual buttons. D:
    06-06-09 09:26 PM
    Nothing to add....just love the topic title "from iPhone to BB"....the iPhone is now mamsPhone
    06-07-09 05:20 AM
    heh was considering getting an Iphone; my dad has one; but i hate the 'keyboard' for texting; will stick w/ my 8310 maybe will get the Bold here soon
    06-07-09 05:38 AM
    Im getting out of att&t switching to verizon should have my phone tueday
    What are some of the major diffrances you see in your switch?

Thanks
    Jon
    06-08-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD